Style Executive
Hickory Hills Country Club North Course

Year Built 1917
Architect William Langford

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

I purchased a hot deal through Golf now. I arrived ahead of time, gave the gentleman at the desk my name and told him I had a reservation. He stated I don't see your name. Then I told him I made my reservation through Golf now. He then stated I see you, but there are no carts. Carts are allocated to the main course first. I then stated that's why I came here because I need a cart. He then stated call Golf now and tell them your disabled and we don't have any carts and they will issue you a refund. I then stated I came all this way to golf and had I known there were no carts I would have brought my roll cart. He allowed me the use of a tool cart at no charge. Due to my disability it was a rough walking course for me. I'm in a lot of pain as a result of walking the hills. I will never visit that course again. I saw single riding groups of golfer playing the course.

Michigan Advisor

Unexpected Find

Didn’t know a lot about course going in and was very pleasantly surprised. Course is well over 10@
Years old, has a superb layout over hilly terrain, great old school greens, and a gold price.

Course conditions were very good. Worth a play if in the area.

Not very welcoming at all

It's like they don't want you there. Attitude city, old grump men. All of a sudden no carts for the nine hole course, by the time you find this out you can get a refund only a credit. Palos has a nine hole course right around the corner, and they are much much more welcoming.

North Course

This is a fun and smooth running course. The cart trials are awful though so don’t be a crazy person with the cart. The staff however is another story. The front desk people are rude and just seem out of touch. They don’t really have any charisma to them and don’t make the feeling of being welcomed their top priority. The starter was a good kid though. Overall I recommend this course once you get past the front desk people. It is very good for beginners.

Denied a cart

Even though the deal states that a cart was included the staff wouldn’t let me have a cart. They said that wasn’t honored on the weekend. That was never mentioned in any fine print on golfnow.

Bar and kitchen

Need to have the bar and kitchen open later closing at 6pm doesn't make sense in season. Friends golf Thursday night after work like to go somewhere that has a decent bar and food . slots always helps for half our crowd.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Worst course and service

Booked an over priced 9 hole round WITH CART INCLUDED. Get to course and they say carts are being saved for the 18 hole course. Have to walk the 9 hole. As stated above cart was paid for and included. Lady working front desk was no help and said we need to call golf now to resolve. We all know how golf nows customer service is non existent. Done with this course and this app.

Impressive

They have definitely invested some $$ in the course. It was in fantastic condition. Jamie the 19th hole attendant (bartender) was wonderful. I will play here again.

Denny

This course was closed for the last five years. This is the first year it reopened. Beautiful challenging course with lot of elevation throughout. Course in excellent shape.

Terrible course

Worst customer service I’ve experienced at a golf course. Buyer beware

WHAT A FIND!!!

I had been passing on this course for some time because of some very bad reviews I had read. WOW !! What a mistake, this course had it all. Mostly the people were amazingly helpful, happy and so nice and cooperative. The course is quite hilly so I am glad I didn't consider walking. Every part of the course was in really great shape, fairways, greens, tees all of it. No GPS so make sure you have your own you will need it. Not the hardest course I play but a very fun course. What really makes a great day is people who make you feel your welcome from the 1st person you meet to the bartender. I wish I had gotten all there names so you could know them as soon as they say hello. It was a great day and I plan on going back many many times.

You should communicate better with courses

I set a tee time to play at the North course for 10am. The North course is currently under construction... so we did not play the north course. There was a golf outing at the south course, at the same time, so we played the back 9 of the south course while they tee’d off the front 9. But since there was an outing we were not able to play with carts as they were all taken. We were forced to walk the 9 holes instead of ride in carts. Luckily the course provided walking carts so we could wheel our clubs around. I set this tee time up a week ago and the Hickory Hills Country Club knew the North Course was closed, so why was I not notified that this would not work? Why was it even an option? In terms of the course we did play on was very poorly kept. The rough was up to my ankles, and most greens were missing about 20% of the grass, had large dirt patches all over the place. I understand it is early in the season, but it looked like neither the tee box nor the rough had even been mowed in weeks. I will not return to the course, and I will not recommend it to anyone.

Hickory Hills, Illinois
Countryside, Illinois
4.6120529412
La Grange, Illinois
Orland Park, Illinois
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Inn at SentryWorld and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course (site of the 2023 U.S. Senior Open).
GRAND RAPIDS/KALAMAZOO | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Quality Inn – Battle Creek and 3 rounds of golf at The Medalist Golf Club, Angel’s Crossing Golf Club, and The Grande Golf Club.
GRAND RAPIDS/KALAMAZOO | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at FireKeepers Casino Hotel and 3 rounds of golf at The Medalist Golf Club, Riverside Golf Club, and Binder Park Golf Course.