Type Private

Year Built 1922
Architect Donald Ross (1922) Bill Newcomb (1972) John F. Robinson (1972) Tyler Rae Ron Prichard (2012) William Diddel (1952) Arthur Hills (1994)

Caddies Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Fitness, Tennis

Golf Advisor

Old school in Ann Arbor

Haven't played here since probably 2000 but there are no reviews so I'll kick it off:

I was a muni kid growing up in Ann Arbor but I did get the chance to play Barton Hills a few times a year for various reasons, partly because I valeted here several summers. It was also a highlight of our High School golf calendar getting to play an 18 hole tournament here with the other city schools.

This place is the "old money" club in Ann Arbor and had caddies and the kind of place where as a kid you feel like you need to be on your best behavior. I remember really enjoying the layout. It wasn't too tough but it had its moments, like the ridiculously elevated 15th green. I'd like to go back and look at it and see if it's as steep as I remember.

Probably the thing I remember most about playing Barton however was considering I played most of my golf at Leslie & Huron Hills was that it was in almost startlingly good condition. The greens were incredible and fast. Michigan & Radrick were always a couple steps below Barton. Simply immaculate.

I think the UM course is more interesting in terms of hole variety but if I had the chance to go home and play one course it'd probably be here. I wonder if anyone would recognize me and toss me their keys.

I"m not really sure how to rate "Staff Friendliness" since I was, in fact, the staff.

Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Dexter, Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.