Bay Hills Golf Club.

Year Built 1972
Architect Marty Johnson

Snacks, Restaurant

Bay Hills

The back 9 was closed for aeration so I had to play the front twice. Everyone on the front nine made the pace slow. In decent shape, challenging with lots of blind shots and irons off the tee.

Course shape good, some very poor pin placements

One pin placement was illegal as it was only about 4 feet on the front of a severe sloping green where you could not be below the hole unless you were off the green. Two other pins were questionable but the course was in great shape and the pace of play was awesome.

Great value for the money.

Fun layout

great course, fun layout. Challenging greens but smooth and fair.

Simply a bad golf course

I’ve played a lot of bad golf courses, but this one tops it. The layout was just horrible. Almost every approach shot was into a tiny, rock hard, elevated green, making it near impossible to hit the green. The greens were unfairly sloped and some of the pins were 3 ft away from the green. The course isn’t challenging, it’s simply unfair. It takes perfection, and golf is not a game of perfection. Save your money and your ego, and stay away

Great course that tests your mgmt skills

This course will eat you alive if you think you can hit driver on every par 4 and 5. If you can put your ego away, this course will challenge you with tight fairways and undulating greens but if you know where to miss and where you can take a chance, this course is the best in the area.
People are friendly, they fix their divots, and the pace of play today was super fast. Got behind a foursome on one hole and they let me play through without delay.
If you can keep your driver in the bag, play to spots where you can score, you can do well on this course.
I highly recommend this course from any in Omaha and I have played nearly every one of those.

Not bad for the little amount I spent

I play on a Sunday afternoon early in November so you would think the pace of play would’ve been faster but it was incredibly slow. There were leaves all over the place and it was not well-maintained. Unlevel tea boxes on most holes! Course made no effort to make the greens Half way cleaned up to putt on!! Sticks and leaves everywhere!

Horrible lay outs and design. Unnecessarily hilly and narrow at times. Also the tee boxes were in terrible condition.

Underwhelming

Played Bay hills back in 2016 and it’s definitely gone downhill since. Payed 23 for 9 holes even though it was advertised as 18 holes. Greens were thick and slow, fareways were nonexistent and hard. Won’t be back for awhile

Nice views but Bugs Bugs Bugs and Suuuper slow greens.

This is my 2nd time here. Not a bad course. Fairways are in great shape. The greens LOOK nice but don’t roll at all. The greens need to be cut shorter. It’s like putting on carpet. Too much drag on the ball with no true roll. They have a bug problem. I was swarmed all round. Even with bug spray. Making the greens playable would definitely bring more people out. Other than that, a quick morning round.

Average weather

Fun time, cold weather though

It was 40 when we teed off, we were the first off the tee so we played fast, course was good, the other times we played there this year the pro shop guy wasn't real friendly to Golfnow people. but its a fun course, greens are not flat and putts are hard to make. but i like the course.

nice course

Had a great day with my buddies. The course was well maintained with a friendly staff. Course is definitely challenging. Would recommend to anyone.

Carnival Golf

Endless blind shots to non existent landing areas. Half the holes are too short for any more than a 5 iron off the tee. Fairways slope toward the trees. One seemingly endless gimmick hole after another. I can't imagine how it would back up on a busy day. Awful.

Enjoy playing as asways

Great place to play. Friendly staff let me and my partner leave early with out a pairing to play as a twosome and it was great. A little rain to begin play, but the course was great.

Challenging course, terrible staff

Bay Hills is a good, challenging course if you don't mind driving the 25 minutes out of Omaha to play it. They usually put some decent deals up, which is nice, but the discount we got did not make up for the terrible service from the guy running the course. He yelled at us before we even tee'd off saying we were taking too long. We tried to wait for the other two members of our foursome because they ran late and when we apologized for them he just yelled at us again saying if we didn't tee off that second he was pushing our tee time back 2 and a half hours because they were too busy. There was nobody on the course though (10 cars in the lot), and when we tried to just let the 2-some behind us play first he yelled at us again saying they were playing in a 4-some (they weren't). He also told us if we drove the cart anywhere but on the cart path he would kick us out. Once we got out on the course it was fine, the ranger was very nice and the beer girl on the course and in the clubhouse were fine but we couldn't get over how rudely we were treated by the man at the front desk. Course played fine, could have been in a little better condition but not too bad. It would have to be dirt cheap for me the play there again for a while after the way we were treated

Pasture Golf for Mountain Sheep

The front nine has a layout without any design, just dropped tee boxes here and a green there, mostly unplayable lie. The back 9 has a little character. The greens are extremely grainy, dramatically effecting speed.

We traveled to the Omaha area to golf for a week. Called a month in advance, and the made my time right behind a Bachelor party, mostly non golfers of course. Ended up leaving on the fifth hole, but fortunately the 10th was open, and we played the back.

Skip this course, play Quarry Oaks or Indian Creek. Iron Horse has been recommended, but didn't play.

Papillion, Nebraska