Looking back from a green at Windmill Lakes Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Architect Ed Ault (1970)

Golf Simulator Yes

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code No tank tops or cutoffs

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Plays Long 23

It's has been a long time since I had played the course but it has only gotten better with age. The course was in great shape even though it was healing from airlifting. The start was very good and kept the up tee times on time.

Thomas C

Play was a little slow . Greens were very slow . They just Aerated the course recently but was in over all good shape

Commented on 10/14/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club!

GOOD GOLF COURSE

Good course, but not in the best condition as it has been in the past! Extremely slow greens and a lot of fungus spots on the course.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. We strive to achieve the best conditions for our golfers and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for a 5-star visit! Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Commented on 10/04/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Commented on 10/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you an even better 5-star experience soon. Windmill Lakes Golf Club thanks you!

Def worth playing.

Excellent layout. Course condition was good. Pace of play was rather slow but was holiday weekend. Being a twosome we’re paired with another group. I hate this and dish courses would quit doing it. I’m not a fan or golfing with strangers. Otherwise. Staff great. Bar clean and prices reasonable. Def worth playing if you’ve ever wanted to. Just have plenty of time and be prepared to golf with another group if you don’t have 3 or more with you.

Commented on 09/13/2021

We hope to see you again at the course very soon for an improved 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Not what it used to be.

I've played here for years but this time the course was in really bad shape. The fairways are almost bare on many holes, the tee boxes are beat up pretty bad. We were behind the KSU golf team so it turned into a 4 1/2 hour round. Too many other courses in the area that are still in great shape and can get around in 4 hours or less.

Commented on 09/14/2021

I get that this is the KSU golf course but to give them the first tee time and have them back up the course is not acceptable. If they need to practice it should not be on weekends or holidays with the first tee times. I do hope the course conditions improve.

Commented on 09/14/2021

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Windmill Lakes Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Solid course in NE Ohio

Some fairways have been hammered with rain/flooding and just really beat up. Tee boxes on some holes too. Greens in great shape though, staff is solid. Layout lived up to rep. Would recommend.

Commented on 08/30/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as the wet conditions. We obviously can't do anything about the weather, but we always are working to improve the course and thank for for acknowledging the course conditions otherwise and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Commented on 08/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Great all around course and great staff

I grew up playing this course and I have never had a bad experience

Commented on 08/09/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Windmill Lakes Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 08/04/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for a 5 star round! Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Pace and conditions were good

Greens in good shape and the pace of play was great. Usually a bit tighter but it was a comfortable pace today. Course played and was in good shape all around

Commented on 08/04/2021

Commented on 07/28/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Windmill Lakes Golf Club thanks you!

Fun course

Usually love this course, but it was cart path only. There was a lot of cut grass left all over fairway. Grass too tall off fairways. And it was very very busy. I’m sure cart path only held up the pace of play.. No carts in parking lot. I still give a decent review for I normally like the course.

Commented on 07/23/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review about the grass and pace is very important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Windmill Lakes Golf Club!

Commented on 07/19/2021

Membership

I guess being a member an early morning tee time is out of the question. Tried at 12:06 am 3 days prior according to the rules and couldn't get on until after noon. They told me sorry they "missed the mark ".Tried again 2 weeks later at 4am three days prior and the best they got is 11:52 missing the mark again?

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when booking your tee time. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (330) 297-0440 for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club!

Commented on 07/06/2021

Peak Condition

I have started playing Windmill again this summer after spending previous years at Signature of Solon. I like to call Windmill “Signature of Ravenna” now. The course is in amazing shape this year after the new drainage system was added in. The course plays long and offers plenty of challenges for all levels. The staff is super friendly as well. Every person I have recommended this course to ended up loving it. Keep up the great work Windmill!

Commented on 07/06/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Windmill Lakes Golf Club!

Kent, Ohio
Suffield, Ohio
2.5196117647
Mogadore, Ohio
Garrettsville, Ohio
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.