Gilbertsville Golf Club is a public, 27-hole layout in New Hanover Township. The holes are divided into three different nines called the Red, White, and Blue. The nines sprawl across the rolling hills of Montgomery County, which is most apparent on the most challenging of the three, the Blue Course. The Red and White, the club's original 18 holes, have a more traditional layout while the Blue Nine, which was added 30 years later, is more modern with rolling fairways and large, undulating greens. Surprisingly the Blue is the shortest of the three golf courses but it feels longer due to the constant up-and-down. Golfers will encounter a number of tricky lies on this nine and there is also water coming into play on nearly every hole.

Gilbertsville Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Winter Rye Grass

Bar, Snacks

Thick Rough 8

Came out as a single and was early and they let me out by myself ran into a twosome and foursome ahead of them slowed things down but overall enjoyable round. I’m a six handicap but haven’t played all year since just had my knee replaced it was a perfect venue for that. I played the blue tees on blue and red courses would back up to the blacks next time. Greens were in pretty nice shape and true. Only complaint I have is they should really invest in some sand for their traps basically rocks and mud now. Will definitely be back. .

Extra 9 move the action

It’s nice to have 27 holes because you can always move to a 9 that has fast play after 9 holes. I hadn’t played the course in 25 yrs but it didn’t change much. The blue has creeks an growth across the fairways that cost me at least 3 strokes but that was my fault for not paying attn to the card. I would return. Condition of the course was fair but it matched the pricing. Blue was tougher to score on but the red was playable despite a couple 400 plus par 4s from the blue tees. .... didn’t play the whites.

Commented on 11/11/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at White at Gilbertsville Golf Club!

Cotton feilds

what a beautiful day to walk in the cotton feild, and knock the ball around. Kind of short from the white tees, you can almost drive a few greens. Nobody behind me, nor in front playing to slow. I was able to be slothful and play practice shots, tee up twice on occasion. 64 is the score to beat.

Wet!!!!

It rained heavy the night before. Standing water on every hole. Cart paths are sometimes nonexistent. Muddy, I don't usually mind cart path only, but having to walk thru ankle deep water to get to the wet fairway or tee box was too much. Need better cart paths.

Commented on 11/01/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at White at Gilbertsville Golf Club!

Thursday Golf

Love playing here, nice course. It’s wide open and easy to find your bad shots. The sand traps are really not sand traps. They need to be attended to. Lots of rocks and a ground hog hole on the 7th hole of the blues. But overall good pace of play.

Good local track

This course is in my rotation for 2-4 times per year for my 30+ rounds per year. Always in decent condition and a fair cost!

First Round at Gilbertsville

My weekly playing partner recommended this course and I was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience - condition of the course, pace of play and friendliness of the staff. It is a bit more of a drive than a number of the other courses I play, but was entirely worth it and I look forward to returning for more rounds in the near future.

Bummer

The fairways were nice the ones that didn't have grass laying all over the place from cutting. Ninety percent of the sand traps we're loaded with water some had algae on them and the ones that didn't had no sand. For the money I won't go back.

Commented on 09/02/2021

Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Rename it to "gilbertsville lakes"

Every bunker was completely filled with water. Bunkers never have sand so probably an improvement.

Commented on 08/27/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting White at Gilbertsville Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Nice layout, brutal pace of play

arrived 25 minutes early before my tee time to get some putting in. Starter tells me I better get out before the group behind me goes. This was 10 minutes before by tee time which threw me off since hey we have tee times but okay. Played first hole and was immediately backed up behind two groups at the second tee box. Only ended up getting through 11 holes because at one point there were 7 4somes log jammed between 2 holes. Went to the office to inform them hoping they would send Ranger out to speed up play and guy just said "oh wow really" and proceeded to tell me that sometimes the course plays slow. I've played behind slow groups before but no way 7 groups should end up log jammed. Will never play the course again. A shame because course has a nice layout and was in decent shape especially for the amount of rain it had the previous night. Wouldn't play unless you're prepared for close to 6 hour rounds

Commented on 08/11/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Course has tough greens, some with a lot of slope

Only negative was the sand traps had little sand and thus had puddles of water in them