Gilbertsville Golf Club is a public, 27-hole layout in New Hanover Township. The holes are divided into three different nines called the Red, White, and Blue. The nines sprawl across the rolling hills of Montgomery County, which is most apparent on the most challenging of the three, the Blue Course. The Red and White, the club's original 18 holes, have a more traditional layout while the Blue Nine, which was added 30 years later, is more modern with rolling fairways and large, undulating greens. Surprisingly the Blue is the shortest of the three golf courses but it feels longer due to the constant up-and-down. Golfers will encounter a number of tricky lies on this nine and there is also water coming into play on nearly every hole.

Gilbertsville Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Winter Rye Grass

Bar, Snacks

Thick Rough 8

Course has tough greens, some with a lot of slope

Only negative was the sand traps had little sand and thus had puddles of water in them

the cart paths are in need of serious repair and a few of the greens were not so great but the fairways were in good shape , its an old course with a nice layout

Commented on 07/26/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing White at Gilbertsville Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Too Hot to Finish

played 14 holes in hour and twenty minutes. had to quit as heat was brutal. greens were surprisingly very nice.

First timer

Not sure why I waited so long to make the trip from Delaware to play. Played red/blue from the tips, about 6100 yards according to the card. Probably closer to 6k , some tees were up a bit. As a single player going off early morning, I took my time, enjoyed myself and finished in just under 3 hours, thanks to the 3some in front of me playing quickly.
Everything tee to green is in 80% The one BIG thing, in my opinion, is the bunkers. They seem to take the time to rake or drag them, but don’t take the time to pickup the many different sized stones I saw in almost every bunker. Sand would be nice.
Visually appealing. Very nice fairways to rough definition. Some tall grass areas and some water to deal with. Greens were fast and not too beat up. I would have liked a regular for knowledge.
Will definitely return a couple times this year and hope to get to play the white 9 sometime.

Great public course with nice open layout

Fun open course, always in great shape with big undulating greens. A lot of fun to play as it's easy to keep the ball in play, but undulating greens protected by bunkers keep it a fun challenge.

Nice course, will play again

Normally play red and blue but for to play white due to other leagues teeing off. Had its challenges but was fairly open and not crowded

Nice course, not super difficult but not without its challenges

3 nine hole courses. Had a nice round after 5 pm, not rushed

Worst I've played in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tee boxes where trashed, bunkers where all stone, and playing behind a group that took forever to make a shot made for a long day. On top of all that I paid $48.00 per player. We are not going back, place has gone down hill since they changed to the current PGA pro.

Commented on 04/30/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing White at Gilbertsville Golf Club.

Awesome greens!

The greens were fast and in immaculate shape especially considering the time of year!!!

Great value

Terrific local course. They keep it affordable and in good shape.

Pace of play is way too slow

Foursome two groups ahead of us slowed play all day.
By the 15th ( hole 6 on red) four groups of golfers sat waiting in carts for them to clear the fairway so that the threesome in front of us could finally tee off. We decided to end our day of golf at that point rather than to continue the agony of waiting for them at every hole.
Course ranger needs to enforce the pace of play and have groups play through when slow players are backing up play for everyone behind them. The agonizingly slow pace of play and constant waiting to hit made for a frustrating round of golf on what is overall a nice course.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice layout but needs some maintenance.

This is a great course if you can play it for less than $40. However, it seems like they built a brand new nine and didn’t bother to put sand in any of their bunkers. The traps are literally rocks and dirt. It’s a shame because this would be the nicest part of their golf course.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hello,

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create an enjoyable experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course.

We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game.

Thank you for visiting and playing at White at Gilbertsville Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Gilbertsville Red to Blue Courses

Overall, a nice day of playing golf. Had the best round of my life by shooting a 3 over par, 73. The macadam cart paths on the Red Course were horrendous. Tons of potholes and crumbling. The Blue Course cart paths were much better. Most importantly, the greens were in very good shape. Was never in the bunkers but they looked a little sketchy. Fairly basic track with some water coming into play. Would play there again.