View of the 1st green at Linfield National Golf Club

Style Links

Linfield National Golf Club is a public course that is one of the area's best values. Formerly known as Sycamore Ridge, the course changed ownership in addition to its name. Since those two major changes, the course boasts better conditions and a renovated clubhouse. The layout has a classic links design that incorporates traditional elements including water, trees, and a variety of elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic. The up-and-down of the golf course is one of the most challenging elements of the layout. The course is tight with a few adjacent fairways but this configuration also allows for a bit of extra room for recovery shots. Some of the holes at Linfield National Golf Club are quite narrow but it is still possible to hit the green in regulation. Though the course is only 6,164 yards, the rolling terrain will make it seem much longer.

Linfield National Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Greens Bent
Architect Bob Sterrett

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Dinner 6

Commented on 11/15/2021

Hello, dmoyer616. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Linfield National Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Our only problem was that Linfield had not received notice of our Golf Now Tee Time. We were not in their system.
Fortunately, I had my phone and could prove my reservation and payment.

Commented on 11/15/2021

u751597204, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Linfield National Golf Club.

Yardage markers

My only request would be that they put up yardage markers. Unless you have a range finder, it's just a guess as to how far out you are.

Commented on 11/15/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, dw747236. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Linfield National Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 11/15/2021

u314159327132, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Linfield National Golf Club.

Commented on 10/26/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, slyoung19446. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Linfield National Golf Club!

Slow pace of play & wayward shots.

1st and last time here. Gor most of the day, tee boxes stacked 2 deep. Needs a ranger to come out and speed up play. Also, narrow course, so beware of errant balls. Heard "for" more than I have on any course, except for Melrose.

Commented on 10/18/2021

Hi, u314160280607! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Linfield National Golf Club!

Beautiful Course

It was my first time playing this course and I was so impressed with the overall look and feel of the course. Most of the holes were a challenge for my skill level but I still really enjoyed it.

Commented on 10/11/2021

Your feedback is important to us, jtrow93. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Linfield National Golf Club.

Course in great condition for this time of year

Played a lot of public courses this year and Linfield is among the top few. The greens were not the fastest but they play true. The club clearly cares about the course with an active and seemingly large staff of grounds keepers. The head pro and manager is very accommodating and friendly; lost a head cover which was found and overnighted back to me. Review would still be high despite this accommodation.

Commented on 10/05/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, tileg. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Linfield National Golf Club!

Commented on 10/05/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314160784587. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Linfield National Golf Club!

Commented on 09/24/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160452600! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Linfield National Golf Club!

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u739280675! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Linfield National Golf Club!

Commented on 08/30/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Linfield National Golf Club!

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi, Peter7651542. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Linfield National Golf Club!

First time playing Linfield National and it was a good day. Navigating the course is tricky as there is not good mapping for how the course plays. We lucked out and got paired with 2 players who have played the course multiple times. They were able to steer us away from many hazards that we would have been playing completely blind to. Many courses put up the maps at each tee for reference but just the tiny map on the score card was insufficient to relay any issues we would have dealt with.
Something needs to be done about the cicada hornets that are all over a few of the greens. I know they don't pose a real danger to humans but it is not widely known.

Commented on 08/11/2021

Hi, Cal67gto! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Linfield National Golf Club!

Tight

Good conditions and friendly staff. Course had several greens with dramatic tiers that out a premium on distance control. The fairways greens and tee boxes were well maintained and each of the bunkers I visited had enough sand and a severe enough lip to present a challenge.

It’s not any easy course to play without a guide. Yardage markers are sporadic. Several holes have severe dog legs that are intended to create a risk-reward structure, A good yardage book or on-cart GPS would help new players to make educated decisions.

Only other concern is that all the par 3’s are pretty short and similar. Course feels like it was squeezed into a bit of property that needed another ten acres.

Commented on 08/09/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u6769321. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Linfield National Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/09/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u457034304. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Linfield National Golf Club!

Won’t be going back

Had a threesome booked for 710, arrived at pro shop around 630, Nobody was in the pro shop except for a guy manned Bud behind the counter. Told me he wouldn’t check me in until 7 because he had four groups to check in although nobody was in the pro shop waiting to get checked in. I went back in at 640 to ask if I could at least get a cart key so we could load up and go to the practice area , he in a very nasty tone said no, I’ll get a cart key when he checks me in at 7, I went back on at 650 and someone else was behind the desk and checked me in.. Because of Bud I will never go back. Too many good courses in the area where they treat the customers with respect.

Commented on 07/30/2021

Hi, jenba. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (610) 495-8455, and thanks for visiting Linfield National Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Pretty Nice

The staff was friendly and the pace of play was good for a Saturday afternoon. We had a foursome and unfortunately they sent a twosome out after us. Needless to say, they were waiting most of the afternoon. First time playing here. Par 5’s are tricky. My only complaint about the layout is that the tees and greens are on top of each other.

Commented on 07/30/2021

Thank you for your review, nerioj. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Linfield National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great value

Always enjoy playing here. It’s in great condition. But bring some extra balls if you can’t drive the fairway.
Favorite public course within a 10 mile radius of home.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u3325838! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Linfield National Golf Club.

Spring City, Pennsylvania