Style Traditional
Berkleigh Golf Club

Year Built 1926
Architect Robert White (1926)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire required. No denim or t-shirts.

Plays Long 9

Five Star

And I Donely is the course extremely player friendly yet challenging… But more importantly, the PGA professional and his staff are definitely five star! I highly recommend anyone in the area to stop by and try Berkleigh country club… You’ll thank me

An old favorite

Finally got back to one of my favorite courses in Pennsylvania. While things are far from finished with the reconstruction of the club house, etc., the course itself remains excellent. Today, the sand traps were off limits because of standing water from recent rains and Covid issues, they are numerous and we'll positioened. Berkleigh is a thinking players course that asked, no demands, that you place your ball with precision, if par or better is your goall.

Really enjoyed showing this course to playing partners who had never experienced Berkleigh before. We WILL BE BACK!!!!!

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello John. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Berkleigh Golf Club.

Pro shop guy was a jerk

I and my playing partner were the only ones here this morning. We have played here a couple of times this year and since we don’t live in the same house, I always either get a separate cart if possible. Or if that is not possible, I use a pull cart . Well anyway the previous time here I paid 15 bucks extra for the extra cart , A little pricey , most places will ask for 10 and some even less . But this guy wanted 20 . No pull carts available...so I said I would do 15 not more . He grumbled and griped but accepted that. Not a pleasant experience. He was worried that a second cart would destroy his course . Give me a break if the course can’t take a grand total of two carts maybe they should have closed, Dude was a total jerk. And I remember him from before because he gave me a attitude about a voucher I had on my phone but he wanted a printed copy. Told me printers are cheap. Not going to be going out of my way to come back here again until things change with their personal

Commented on 12/12/2020

Vouchers
When will I receive my GroupGolfer voucher?
Do I need to print my voucher?
Yes, unless otherwise noted on the voucher itself, you must print the voucher and present it to the merchant.
How do I print my voucher?
Sign in and click "Print My Vouchers" from the menu, then click "Print" for the voucher you desire. At that point you'll see the voucher on the screen and all you have to do is click the "Print Voucher" button below.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello, John. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your poor experience during your recent round with us. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We ask that you please reach out to our management team at {{business_phone_number}, and thank you for choosing Berkleigh Golf Club. We hope to hear from you soon.

Very nice older course.

Tee boxes need attention. fairways and greens in good condition. Teeing off over the driveway was different. I would play again.

I love this course...the creeks make you think...if you can stay out of trouble, you'll have a good round. Can't wait to play in 20211

Pennsylvania Advisor

always a good round

Berkleigh is not as well kept as it once was but it still is a fine course at a good value. We've played here many times and always enjoyed it. The elevation changes make the course play much longer than the listed yardages. The par 5 holes are very interesting and challenging on this course .

Frost delay, lots of leaves and muddy

Clearly nothing that the fine folks at Berkleigh could do about the weather. Staff was very friendly and course is a decent layout. Greens were excellent. Sandtraps and fairways a bit muddy, but we just got a ton of rain, so nothing much can be done about that.

There are tons of leaves around and we lost a couple of balls because of them....Berkleigh could do a better job of clearing leaves from the fairways and the rough near the fairways.

Good value for a good course

The course is a good value for a layout that is different every hole. Some holes are easy but overall it is a good test of your skills. They have various tees so you can play from where you want. . Almost every hole is different which adds to the overall enjoyment

New Golf Staff

Have played Berkleigh many, many times over the years. Great course. New building looks great. Played there with 8 of us in September, paid for green fees( which have gone up substantially with new ownership) about 30 minutes prior to tee time and asked about a tokens for range balls. Girl behind counter was nice, but guy off to side flies over and rudely starts yelling that I don't have time to hit balls, but I was allowed to putt. The range is a short wedge from pro shop and a small bag is about 20 balls. I mentioned that and he got nastier.

After 9 holes we stop for a six pack and ask if they have a bag of ice. Same guy comes flying over yelling no ice and states " Didn't you ever hear of COVID". Again, totally rude.

Honestly never seen worse customer service in all my life.

Not worth it

Course wasn’t too bad and the greens played well but it’s comparable to other courses I. The area which are cheaper and better maintained

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the feedback of your round with us! Please be assured that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting Berkleigh Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Beautiful Day

The rough is not as "rough" as it was in June but still so long as to slow play due to difficulty in finding any ball that didn't fall in the fairway.

A VERY slow group held up play and without a ranger, there was nothing to do but wait.

Still a great course & a good round with a friend

Excellent Track

Once again pleasantly surprised by Berkleigh. I will say that I played as a twosome at 3PM on the day after Labor Day so crowds were down and pace of play was not an issue. New golf carts are nice which is important since the only less-than-stellar feedback I have is that the cartpaths are fairly broken up and a bit spine-jarring in spots. Other than that, this course is a gem. Conditions are markedly improved and the greens were fantastic. Great, big layout with plenty of room to grip it and rip it - though there is ample trouble to be found as well (esp. those pesky, meandering streams). Green complexes (esp. bunkers) are excellent. Great layout and design. A hidden (or not so hidden) gem. Friendly, accommodating pro shop staff actually got us out 10 minutes before our tee time! Noting but positive things to say. Reasonable value as well. Can't wait to go back!

Berkleigh Golf

Staff/Pro was extremely unprofessional and downright rude. Was run off the practice range for grabbing a ball.
Will not play here again and won't recommend it to anyone.

Commented on 09/12/2020

Why would you grab a bucket to only hit a “few” range balls, minutes after coming into the shop to ask about range tokens?

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Berkleigh Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

First time at Berkleigh

Great layouts! Two holes along the highway. The rest are scenic and secluded. Fairways and short tees need a little love but not to much. Several on the course when we were there, but play moved fine.

Love this course

I love playing here. I enjoy it enough that despite what can be a slow round I tolerate it. This day was all the great golf in 3 hours 40 mins. Much more enjoyable. Despite the challenges the weather's created for the staff, they kept the course in excellent condition. I do wish I could catch players who don't fix ball marks or divots though. Honestly, that is about all that was wrong, each of us agreed beforehand to fix 3 per hole, so the group behind us benefitted. Can't wait to get back. I live over an hour away but still make it here 5-6 times a year. The new owners really doing a great job.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Berkleigh Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Berkleigh Golf Club.

4.1967058824