Middletown Country Club has been one of Bucks County's major golfing destinations for more than a century. Originally designed as a nine-hole golf course in 1913 by Scottish architect Alexander Findlay, the second nine was added three years later. In the many years since opening, the golf course has undergone renovations by both George Fazio and Stephen Kay. This tough course is proof that a layout doesn't have to be 7,500-plus yards to be a challenge. Although the Middletown C.C. golf course plays to a seemingly modest yardage of 6,217 from the back tees, the rolling terrain provided by its location in the scenic Neshaminy Valley makes the course seem much longer. The small greens have plenty of undulations and you'll also be faced with a variety of uphill, downhill, and sidehill lies. There are also towering trees looming above the fairways and water comes into play throughout the golf course as well.

Middletown Country Club

Year Built 1913

Bar

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Dinner 6

Held up great for winter

Greens were challenging and they were mostly free from leaves. It was a windy December day.
No one was out there so I set my own pace of play. Just an enjoyable round.

Winter golf

Greens were fair and poor. A lot of fungus or scarce grass on greens. Needs quite a bit of maintenance especially since greens fees are significantly higher than in the past. Fairways were ok but some needed maintenance, maybe winter weather has made it hard to upkeep but we haven’t really got into some winter weather yet. Tee boxes also need some help. I’ve played here in the past and it was in better condition back then, maybe it will get better in the spring.

Fun

Course was in really good shape this time of year. greens were excellent

Commented on 12/03/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Middletown Country Club. We will take your review and shoot for a 5 star round next time. Please visit us again soon!

solid course

As someone new-ish to golf, I had a challenging time at this course. I was very happy with the conditions, layout, and value of this course. I had little interaction with the staff, which is sometimes preferable. I went on Veteran's Day, so it was extremely busy. All I would add is a cart girl.

Commented on 11/18/2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Middletown Country Club. Please visit us again soon!

Joke

This course is an absolute joke. It’s run by a bunch of geriatrics that don’t understand how to schedule time slots or manage pace of play. Hopefully someone buys it out and puts some money into this dump.

Commented on 11/08/2021

Hello, Ben. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Middletown Country Club.

Once again

I must defend my home course. Greens are perfect including 16. Staff is awesome they just ask people to follow the rules. Middletown is a challenge and the bad reviews come from people who get their butt beat on a very challenging course. So if you would like a fun course to play with changing elevations and undulating greens. Give it a try

Commented on 11/10/2021

Haha! Thank you so much for the great review. We definitely appreciate the support! We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Middletown Country Club.

Beat up

Cart paths are really beat up. I often found myself avoiding pot holes as of it was a PA roadway. One of the greens was in really bad shape (16). The fairways were in good shape. Rough was thick. Swallows up a lot of balls

Commented on 11/04/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain. We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 11/02/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for a 5-star visit! Thanks for choosing Middletown Country Club.

Great challenge

I play this course once a week and it's in awesome shape. Greens roll true and yes all of them. Fairways are perfect and yes a few tees are thin but that's from over play. So come enjoy the challenge and if you get your butt beat get better and quit whining like the people who cry on this site

Commented on 11/02/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Middletown Country Club.

BirdsDB

I have not played course in two years and was not in good shape and was disappointed. Many of the tee boxes need work, one green on back nine was horrendous and the cart paths need a lot of help. I like the layout and many cool holes but conditions need to improve a lot before I go back. Would not pay more than $25 to play the course. Many other courses in area that I would play before coming back. Staff was friendly especially the gentleman in the pro shop.

Commented on 11/02/2021

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better in the future. We are glad you had a pleasant experience with our staff! Thanks for sharing those kind words.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Commented on 10/22/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Middletown Country Club.

Great Course - but hard 18 is a sad hole

Fun course to play, but 18 is a bummer. Can’t see the pin for the entire hole. 17 is more like the closing hole. Lots of history. Definitely fun, pro shop & bar need a serious face lift. Defiantly not 19th hole worthy club. Go go the golf not the club.

Commented on 10/23/2021

Please fill me in on exactly what is wrong with my Golf Shop. I do not dive into stocking clubs with two big box stores nearby, but we are actually having a record year in sales this year. Yes, I do not have a ton of inventory right now, mainly due to supply issues and I do not want to carry a bunch of inventory into the winter months. Please fill me in!

Commented on 10/22/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Middletown Country Club.

Middletown Country Club is a good course for your money but it’s always a slow pace and I have never had the the Marshals stop and push groups.

Two of us were paired with two others at 2:06 and at 2:45 we were only on 16 because of a group of FIVe in front of us.

Because of darkness, the group behind us jumped us at 16 and we had to wait at 17, even longer!!!!!

Commented on 10/14/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as pace of play and pairing issues. Thank you for playing Middletown Country Club.

Good value

Decent course, couple of funky holes, par 3's are difficult and greens were fair.

Commented on 10/14/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Middletown Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for an even better 5-star experience!

Narró fairways, on top of each other

Price is cheap but that reflects the course! Narrow fairways criss-crissing each other. Always looking out fir others’ balls. Wouldn’t recommend this course.

Commented on 10/23/2021

Our golf course was designed in 1913, has undergone several changes over the years by several architects, but I have it on very good authority that NONE of the Fairways criss cross each other.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. We hope to hear from you soon!

Very reasonable price for excellent course

Fairway were very good and green was good too. Some cart pass need repair but do not interfere with playing.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Very nice and challenging course

The greens and fairways were in really good shape. The only reason for my 4 star instead of 5 was the tee boxes. They need some work. Other than that, The course was in really good shape and provides a challenge.

Commented on 10/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement such as tee box conditions. Thank you for playing Middletown Country Club.

Perfect day

Great time, course in great shape and always a challenge

Commented on 09/30/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Middletown Country Club.

Commented on 10/01/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Middletown Country Club.

Golfin

Really was a great day. I heard there was an outing going off that afternoon , so I played course in under 4 hours

Commented on 09/30/2021

We are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you for your 5-star rating. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Middletown Country Club.

Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania