Year Built 1999

Dress code Collard shirts required, no cut-off jeans

Very nice course

It was the first time playing here, and it won’t be the last. The course is very open, with some nice holes. The greens were large and had some nice nuances to them. Very little water, decent amount of traps. The greens were very well kept, as were the fairways. With our drought like conditions, once off of the fairways it was burned out, as is all courses in the area now. Wish I would have played better, but it was all on me. We started the round with a Bloody Mary, would recommend it! After the round we stopped in for a few beverages and a sandwich...overall a great day!

Has it's Ups and Downs

Nice course with some challenging greens with lots of slope . Many holes with elevation change . When windy it becomes tough and picking the right club is a challenge,

I love, love, love this place....

I play a lot of golf at a lot of courses in the Eastern CT/Western RI area. Fenner Hill is one of my top-shelf tracks every...single...time...I...go...there.

I'm a solid 9-handicap and this course challenges me on most every shot . The course will give up pars and birdies, but you will need to concentrate and manage the course from the first tee to the last putt.

Simply put, this is a great test for me.

Connecticut Advisor

WOW!!!!!

I kinda/sorta like when a golf course "wins" every once in awhile, as long as the course beats me fair and square; that is, the course's defense can't be a bunch of screwy miniature-golf type holes.

Fenner Hill beats you fair and square. If you enjoy having your game challenged, there are 18 challenges on this track. There are a couple of par 4s that are reachable, provided you driver is long AND accurate. If they aren't BOTH, you're well-advised to layup. There are a couple of par 5s that are reachable in two, provided you're fairway club of choice is long AND accurate. If they aren't BOTH, you're well-advised to make them three-shot par 5s.

This course's true defense, however, is its greens. They roll perfectly, but they are FAST and they have more curves than Jane Mansfield (dating myself there!). You need to EXPECT to three-putt a couple of times during your round.

I fought Fenner Hill to a draw. She knocked me around pretty good on the front-side, but I came back strong on the back side.

I really can't say enough good things about this course; I can't wait to get back into the ring again with it next year.

Minor complaint: No driving range.

Fair weather

Overall

Very nice course to play. From checking in to the starter staff was very nice and pleasant. It was good to see a ranger roaming the course as well. I would definitely play there again and bring other friends(golfers) along.

Hope Valley, Rhode Island