Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1966
Architect Ed Ault (1966) Denis Griffiths Ed Ault (1976) Brian Ault (1976) Tom Clark (1976)

Carts Yes - $13

Dress code Proper golf attire required . No cutoffs allowed.

Near the Airport 10

Wet wet muddy and greens were sandy

I enjoy deer run but the bathrooms were out of order. Course super wet cause of rain. Greens were sandy. I’m sure as weather improves the course should too.. staff is always nice.

Commented on 03/22/2022

Hi seanbarrett1993, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Another good day…

Always enjoy playing both courses there! Still in the early stages of spring/summer readiness, but it’s coming along steadily. Keep up the good work & I’ll be back soon.

Commented on 03/09/2022

Hello, richtrayford. Thank you for visiting us at Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Challenging course

The young deers frolicking at the course is always a site to see. Love this course

Commented on 03/09/2022

Hello, GolfAddict1778. Thank you for visiting us at Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Not Good

The fairways and bunkers were terrible. Wouldn’t recommend this course at this time.

Commented on 03/09/2022

Hello Lloyd8640164, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club.

Commented on 02/24/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club!

Condition

Some active construction on a few holes. Number 17 still has drainage issues.

Commented on 02/15/2022

Hi, apitt. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club.

Commented on 02/11/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162415193! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club!

Deer Run

Friendly staff, great tour shop and well maintained course.

Commented on 01/21/2022

u314162415193, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club.

Commented on 01/19/2022

Hello, Daniel3665506. Thank you for visiting us at Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating. We hope you join us for another round soon.

I will come again!

Wet conditions - course is being worked on - winter - could be nice in the spring summer months

Commented on 01/11/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u314162429534. Thanks for visiting Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Rougher than the Rough

I understand we’re just coming out of winter but the Cardinal course was in poor condition. All areas of the course from tee to green were unacceptable to play golf. Our tee time was directly behind a 9 hole ladies outing and it took 3 hours to play the front 9 holes. Some part of the green fees should have been refunded considering the conditions of this course. Not that paying a lesser fee would have made the golf any better but it would have been the right action for the golf course manager to take.

We had another tee time booked for the next day and asked to change the reservation to Deer Run and they wouldn’t accommodate our request so we canceled our reservation and played another golf course and conditions were 100% better.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Commented on 01/10/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, kpdsr! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club!

Commented on 12/28/2021

Hello, Icebraker44. Thank you for visiting us at Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating. We hope you join us for another round soon.

So-so

Tee boxes in bad shape, fairways in many places bald

Commented on 12/07/2021

Hi, kevincarol. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club.

What with the Staff

I have played this course many times and have never experienced what I did this last visit. It was sad to witness. During the check in staff was rude and asked questions about my groups attie. Of which I didn't answer. Also asked questions on my reservation. That I also didn't answer besides the number in my previous paid group. Then there was the starter, who seemed to has issues with almost every thing we did. Placing clubs in carts was an issue until he said to. Hello, grown folks here. He made such an issue of a twosome ahead of us being a few minutes late that his performance outside his shack made us late for our tee time. It wasn't that serious and we resolved it .
The staff on this day was a really bad representation of the customer service i was accustomed to at this facility and I thick I'll give Newport News GC a time out!. It's not the only course in the area and when your spending good money no matter how much you want to feel welcomed and appreciated.

Commented on 11/30/2021

Hi, jblew. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (757) 886-7925 and thanks for visiting Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Just decent

I cannot say that I loved playing here today because the fairways were simply too uneven! Other than that it is a nice course!

Commented on 11/22/2021

Hi, STyson1975. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cardinal at Newport News Golf Club.

Hampton, Virginia
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.