Blackwood Golf Course

Year Built 1970
Architect David Gordon William F. Gordon (1970)

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Visa, Discover

some things never change

greens still slow. fairways still need cutting. bunkers still need sand (not dirt)

Commented on 06/24/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Soft Greens

Fairways and greens were in pretty good condition.

Miller

Course is in fantastic shape Best greens in the area Best golfing experience in the area and the price is great

Miller Chester Springs

Both the fairways and greens were in spectacular shape Great layout Super value - our favorite course in the area

Not for serious golfers!

This is a great course for beginners. I was stuck behind several groups of very inexperienced golfers with no awareness of others. It was a beautiful day and I was outside, but the golf was very disappointing.

Commented on 05/27/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Praying to the golf gods

Lost my wedge on one of the first 4 holes and am hoping someone turns it in for me. It took me the front 9 to try to enjoy the course after realizing my loss.
Greens are awesome right now. Please, everyone, repair your ball marks AND one more. Nice definition between fairways and rough. Not many bare spots to remember. One disappointing thing, par 3 8th hole playing under 90 yards . Bridge to get to tee boxes is closed. Bunkers in shape with sand that was “powdery”.
4 sets of tees, but a BIG difference between white tees (just over 6000) to next set forward (under 5000) Looking forward to returning to play and hopefully getting a call about my wedge. Wish me luck!!!

Green Acres See?

Course was in decent shape, a little long and soft...not much roll from recent weather. Greens were best anywhere...seriously, not sure what they did, but they putted so true as I made 5 putts in excess of 45 feet! A+++ to your greenskeepers. Only gripe was quality of golfers as full of havk heads. I'll be back though just for these greens. I'll take the countryside,,,see?

Can’t beat it at Winter Rates

Thankfully Blackwood went into Winter Rates while other courses haven’t here in November. Course always has beautiful views and challenging holes. Play this at least once a year.

favorably impressed

Greens were smooth and well maintained with no ball marks. Obviously well cared for. Small, elevated greens on classic rolling layout. Nice mix of long and short holes. Many low areas that might get standing water after a rainy day. Well worth a look. I'll be back, for sure.

Go play somewhere else

Won’t be playing here ever again. Staff is unfriendly and incompetent; they think the course is way nicer than it is. Pace of play is awful. Course conditions were bad.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Blackwood Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

This place sucks

This golf course is horrible and so is the staff. They act like a pro golf course with amateur staff. The pace of play is so bad they yell at golfers for playing correctly. I will never play here again or recommend it to a friend.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Blackwood Golf Course.

Rates

Why would Golfnow allow this course to advertise HotDeal rates $35. which are the same as their normal rates $35.....is this a joke or is it that GolfNow standards are being compromised?

JustGreat

Love this course and recommend it. Always in good condition, respectful players and fun!

Best Value around

It's February so course condition is a challenge everywhere

Blackwood remains one of the best values in public course golf

Winter Golf

Course is in great condition considering the time of year and should only improve if Spring weather cooperates. Gold tees are way forward of the White tees if planning a mixed age match.

Golf at Blackwood

Nice layout, great views. Staff is always friendly. Course for the most part is keep up well. Always a good bargain.

Commented on 01/21/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

soggy mess

while the weather was warm, the ground was soaking wet! add 30 mph winds and I would have been better off just going for a walk. lost 3 balls that plugged in the fairway! waiting for spring time!

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hello, Bud. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Blackwood Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Douglassville, Pennsylvania