Type Semi-Private/Resort

Clubhouse, Internet Access

Tennis

Commented on 05/17/2022

Hello u314161457041,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 05/16/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162722669! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club!

Commented on 05/16/2022

Commented on 05/10/2022

Hello Michaellovoy,

Very good shape

Bunkers were wet but it rained alot.
Greens were excellent and fairway around green was awesome

Commented on 05/09/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u124452541. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cherokee Ridge Country Club thanks you!

I probably won't be back

I don't know how old this course is, but it has a ways to go. The fairways were rock hard, while the greens were somewhat better, but still firm. From a design perspective, there were a few holes where there is nowhere to drive the ball. A near perfect shot would not stay in the fairway on several of these holes. I paid $40 for my round (twilight rate) and am happy I didn't pay the regular rate of $63.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hello, Imphred3619. Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback on your recent round with us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and we apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop with any additional concerns. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Average Golf Course

Course is average at best. Greens are decent, but the rest of the course is average at best. The front and back nines have been reversed which is just stupid. The people in charge just refuse to listen to the golfers.

Commented on 05/02/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, markcpa. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Cherokee Ridge Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 04/14/2022

Hi, u403433811. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Cherokee Ridge Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 04/04/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Cherokee Ridge Country Club!

Fantastic staff, but poor course

I've played this course a few dozen times over the past several years. A year or two back they flipped the front and the back 9, and should really consider changing it back. The first hole is not very welcoming at all.

The greens were recently punched, but are coming back well and should be in pretty good shape in the next month or so. Unfortunately - the greens were the only part of the course in decent shape (even with recent aeration). I strongly recommend checking the recent weather for the area prior to booking your tee time. If it's rained in the past 2-3 weeks - rest assured that it will be cart path only (and for good reason). The fairways are a soggy mess and this course is (and has always been) in desperate need of drainage work. I'd really recommend only playing this course in drought conditions, as odd as that is to say..

The trick to scoring well on this course is to aim for the rough - as the fairways are pure marshland. I gave up after 13 holes of slogging through squishy/puddle ridden fairways, though I paid less than $30 for this round, so I can't complain too much.

The only hole that that was not a complete soggy mess was 5 - likely because of the steep downward hill along the fairway. I managed to crush my drive on this hole, drawing around the trees on the left and hitting the hill just right and possibly resulting in the longest drive of my life. Unfortunately as I crested the hill - I saw somebody that I assume was a resident pick up what I assume was my golf ball out of the fairway, then wander off towards the creek to the right and back into the housing area. They were not playing - they were just wandering the course picking up balls. Had this not been cart path only - I probably would have driven over to them to ask for my ball back. It's not worth the slog for a dollar golf ball.

I do believe that this will be the last time that I play this course, which is unfortunate since there are limited options within driving distance.

Commented on 03/28/2022

Hi, u669681694. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Cherokee Ridge Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great layout Poor Fairway conditions

When it is dry this course would be great and I hope to play it again when it is. i am handicapped and cart path only is way too much on this course..

Commented on 03/28/2022

Hello, u000007652094. Thank you for visiting us at Cherokee Ridge Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Layout

This is a beautiful fair test of golf. I knowingly played the punched greens; they were healthy and will be perfect in three weeks. Only very real fault is somebody flipped the nines the wrong way. One use to be a very fair get started hole and then as you eased into the round you started to think about the tight drive coming on ten and playing the more scenic back nine with waterfall holes.

Commented on 03/25/2022

We are so happy you enjoyed your round, gregarnold1959! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Excellent!

Course layout takes advantage of the mountain area very well. Elevation changes introduce challenges to this course, and large free-standing rocks add to the beauty. Can’t rave enough about the waterfall!

Commented on 03/09/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Commented on 02/22/2022

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Cherokee Ridge Country Club!

Commented on 02/22/2022

Commented on 02/14/2022

SLOOOW

I had a late morning tee time and was playing alone. Unfortunately I was right behind a set of groups numbering 18 in all. As I crested the rise on the first hole and looked down I say a couple of the players in the group immediately ahead of me were looking for and playing balls on the steep bank in front of the green. Nope not today, I'm our of here. The round would have very slow and trying to play through 4 or 5 slow foursomes is no fun. I looked at moving to number 10, but there was a regular stream of players coming on on number 9. I was not comfortable with inserting myself, so I packed up and went home. However, I will attempt to play the course again. I really enjoy the layout.

Commented on 02/07/2022

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Cherokee Ridge Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 02/02/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162749664! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cherokee Ridge Country Club!

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hi, Paul7222086. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Cherokee Ridge Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Anonymous

Golfers should be updated on when the greens are punched. Especially if you are driving over 35 minutes to play.

Commented on 03/25/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cherokee Ridge Country Club thanks you!

Arab, Alabama
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
Guntersville, Alabama
Huntsville, Alabama
Hartselle, Alabama
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Value Golfer experience.
FLORENCE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Shoals Golf Club - Schoolmaster & Fighting Joe Courses.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Ross Bridge Golf Club and Oxmoor Valley Golf Club - Ridge & Valley Courses.