Style Links/Parkland/Woodland

Blue Mash Golf Course is the Rockville area's premier public offering. This Arthur Hills design combines links-style, parkland, wooded, and water holes. With such an interesting variety, the course is enjoyable for golfers of all different tastes and skill levels. With no forced carries, it's even a manageable course for beginners and high handicappers, while more seasoned golfers will be challenged by the length from the back tees, the well protected elevated greens, and the plentiful strategically placed bunkers. Water also comes into play on a few holes. The diverse mix of holes makes Blue Mash G.C. a true shotmaker's layout. In addition to the golf course, Blue Marsh is known for having one of the best practice facilities in all of Maryland. It features a 10,000-square-foot putting green, an all-grass-tee driving range, and a separate area for practicing your short game.

Blue Mash Golf Course

Year Built 2001
Architect Arthur Hills (2001)

Golf Simulator Yes

Great condition and little boring course.

There are good place for drive shot. But little hard..

Amazing course, amazing staff, amazing food, amazing everything!

Wow, what can I say, the place was incredible! I was instantly in love with the layout of the course the moment I hit my first tee shot. The design of the course was immaculate and interesting, and it was a pretty satisfying challenge to overcome. The staff I encountered was exceptional! They were all super polite, especially those in the pro shop and the starter. The girls at the bar were also really great. And the food that I got afterwards was pretty decent as well. I cannot recommend this place enough and I will definitely be coming back here to play again!

Commented on 06/12/2021

Wow, thank you so much sir!

Great Shape

Had a great round. Only bad thing was being Molested by 1000 Cicadas.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Ha! Thank you!

Use to be one of my favorites...Pace of play is set incorrect

First off I truly LOVE this course which is why this is hard for me to write. Note we finish the round in 4 hours 25 minutes. Pace of play is set to 4 hours or 4 hours and 10 minutes which is TOTALLY incorrect for this course. Your slope rating already tells players the course if not a push over. Please invite me to play with three other 14 to 18 handicap players to see what our time for finishing the round would be playing Hybrid or White tees.

I rarely write anything negative about a course because they are in a no win situation however, seem like they are caught up in a unrealistic pace of play. I invited two of my friends to play Blue Mash one of the two was visiting from out of town and the other lives in the DMV area however never played the course.

Last member of our group was a female that was paired with also who also never played the course before. The female did speak to the pro shop about the treatment on Saturday round. Check the records for the 10:40 a.m. tee time.

For starters here are the issues with your pace of play just in the first five holes. Hole number two you usually have to wait for players who tee off from hole number nine to hit there second shot. Hole number three you have to wait for players to hit their second shot from teeing off hole number five. That's two holes in the first three that you are already going to fall behind. On top of that hole number three is the Number One Handicap hole. A par 4 that generally take three shots to get on the green.

You are already behind the eight ball after three holes and hole number four is a long par three 170+ from the White tees with hole five a Par 5 that you reach in three shots or more. I played the Hybrid tees and my two buddies played from the white tees and we had female playing from the red tees so everyone was playing the correct yardage.

Between the GPS sending your messages and rangers asking you to pick up the pace when you are walking off the green and the group behind you just left the tee box driving to their tee shots was amazing. One occurrence I give a pass multiple then Houston we have a problem. Needless to say I'll play your sister course Waverly Woods and Montgomery Country Public courses. Plus all the other courses in the Northern Montgomery and Frederick County area before ever playing Blue Mash again.

Well unless the club takes me up on my offer to play with three players of their choosing 14 to 18 handicap and play a Saturday with a full morning tee sheet at 10:15 thru 10:45 a.m. If we finish in 4 hours and 10 minutes I will be the first to retract and again start recommending Blue Mash. Don't see how a 130 slope from White tees get a 4 hour or 4 hour and 10 minutes pace of play.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hi, our pace target for rounds after 10 am is 4 hours 12 minutes, and our GPS records show that your group finished your round in 4 hours 31 minutes. Our experience indicates that our pace target is preferred by the majority of golfers.

Blue Mash in Back

Best condition in years! Tees, fairways and greens better than I have ever seen. Rangers kept everything going well. I will be back!

Commented on 05/15/2021

Thank you!!

Challenging but SLOW

Greens were still scabbed from apparent aeration. Took us 5hr 15 min to play. Waiting on every tee and par 5. No rangers on the course to manage pace of play.

Commented on 05/15/2021

Thank you - we researched the GPS records and the longest round of the day teed off at 11:30 and was completed in 4 hr 44 min. We feel the greens are rolling well, but we are nonetheless very sorry you did not enjoy your day. We will strive to do better.

Very nice course

The course was in excellent shape, greens fast and large. This course has wide fairways and easy enough to play away from any trouble. I would love to play here again but the price is to steep for me.

Commented on 05/14/2021

Thank you.

Greens as hard as a pool table!

This was my first time plating Blue Mash and had heard a lot of good things, but I was disappointed!

No matter how high you hit your approach shot nothing would stay on the green! Not a single person in our foursome repaired, or even saw, a divot on any of the greens…and yes we hit plenty of them!

Commented on 05/05/2021

Hi, we are sorry you did not enjoy our firm, and fast greens.

No warning that the greens were moonscapes

Blue Mash is always in great shape, usually one of the nicest in the DMV area. So I was unpleasantly surprised when I got to the course today and the greens had been recently punched and sanded. There was no warning when I booked on GolfNow that the greens were in this condition. They were not unplayable, but they were extremely bumpy, uneven, and sandy. I completely understand that greens need maintenance - I’d just like warning so that I can choose if it’s worth playing there with the greens in such terrible shape.

Commented on 04/29/2021

We are sorry, but Golfnow makes it difficult to post notices that our customers will see. We recommend you book on bluemash.com in the future. We do feel that the greens are rolling well, but we understand people have different expectations. Please feel free to reach out to us at jhills@bluemash.com for more accommodation regarding your displeasure. Thank you!

Laytonsville, Maryland