Style Parkland

Eaglebrooke, located in Lakeland -- halfway between Orlando and Tampa, is considered one of the premier golf courses in Florida. Its classic links-style design with over 100 feet of elevation change is unique in this part of the state. Natural lakes, abundant with wildlife, can come into play on eleven of the holes creating both spectacular scenery and challenging golf shots. To increase the challenge, there are six sets of tees on each hole. The "seniors" tees were customed designed for the course by architect Ron Garl. Garl requested Senior Golf Magazine to survey seniors for optimal playing preferences and then included these requests in the course design. The atmosphere is first class and the course features bag pick-up at your car. Eaglebrooke was the first course in the US to use Greg Norman's GN 1 grass, the fastest growing and greenest grass available.

The Club at Eaglebrooke

Year Built 1996
Architect Ron Garl (1996)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Dinner 41

Not Worth It Right Now

Beware!!
This course is not worth they are charging, at least prior to this review, let me explain. I can see the course being really good but when I played it should be a $50-$60 round MAX!
These are all things that for $80 should be taken care of. The fact that the little things aren’t looked at tells you either the lack of care or the staff has become “course blind” because they see it everyday. I am not someone who hides behind a keyboard and says this, after my round I actually went back to the pro-shop and spoke with the Head Pro, because how are they suppose to make changes if they don’t know? His reaction and response is what prompted me to make this public and to relay my experience to all of you. I actually thought someone kept walking up behind me or that there was a ghost in the pro shop because he stopped looking at me while I was talking to him and was constantly looking behind me and out the front door to the parking lot, kinda creeped me out a little bit. I didn’t even get to make him aware of everything because he cut me off, gave “reasons” and then handed me his card and said “call me next time you come out”… like I’m ever going to come back.
Let’s start with the golf carts…… there is NO GPS in the carts for $80, the USB plugs DO NOT work (I understand they have a lot of retired play/members but some of us are still working and need the ability to charge a phone or speaker), the carts are half-cleaned ( just hosed down and trash emptied, there was still sand on the floorboards for recently cleaned carts, and 2 cigarette butts in my sand bucket)
The cart paths are not beat up however, they are messy. Sand, dirt, dead branches and just overall dirty. I understand about runoff etc but you can tell they don’t maintain the paths, blow them off or clear them as regular maintenance. The best path section was between 16-17, thats what it should look like, so I know it can be done out there.
For $80 there are no ball washers on the tee boxes, come on thats a simple amenity. Also, 2 of the 4 water cooler stations did not even have a cooler in them. Also, one of the water fountains at the bathrooms was not working.
The edging of bunkers was non existent, and the grass around the bunkers and ponds was not maintained. Visually it looked horrible, again it would be fine for a $50-$60 course but not $80. Now I understand about rain and soft conditions…. All it takes is a weed eater, my teenage son even knows how to use one of them.
ALOT of bare spots, NOT in the main areas of play, but enough on the edges and in areas for you to notice.
The fairways, rough, greens, and tees were in good shape. I will give them credit there but again for their price point its the little things that separate you even more because there are plenty of course for less that offer the same great things but also take care of the little things, show they care and that they put thought into the golfers experience.
Also, the maintenance staff, who I’m only guessing, is retired gentlemen or young guys, aren’t very curtious or aware of golfers. I literally had one mowing a fairway 2 stripes away from me while I’m hitting an approach shot into a green and a bunker raker not going backwards so he was with me for 4 holes raking the bunkers while I was playing.
When I went to pro shop to talk with the Pro, he of course told me they were short staffed in maintenance….. So is everyone else. If thats the case and you aren’t able to provide a certain product and you aren’t having to pay a full staff of maintenance employees then there’s no reason to charge everyone as if you were.
It isn’t horrible, its a good track, just be aware. I would’ve had a much more enjoyable time for $50-$60 instead of the $80.25 ($75 + tax). I couldn’t believe I paid that much for that round.
Just so you know, I played a morning tee time during the week and with the experience from the Head Pro….. I actually purchased my tee time straight from the course, I did not use a third party provider. So this is the experience and reaction I received straight up being 100% a customer of theirs.

Good but perhaps maybe Lower cost

Great course layout, not super long even from blue but challenging enough
Only downside is the fee was not reduced for aerated greens , it had been a week since they were done but really greens were not running anyway close to what they would normally .and kind of spoilt the round for 75$
Also due to all the rain holes 8 to 18 were cart path only
Will I recommend YES but take note of my comments , will I be back I’m sure at some point yes !
Thanks great staff

Off the beaten path (read before booking)

I played Eaglebrooke on Wednesday, August 24. Tee time was at 3:30pm. I was able to complete 18 holes just as the rain rolled in. The staff checking me in was excellent. Really pleasant. Asked if it was my first time and pointed me in the direction of hole #1.

The course is a fun layout with some great holes. Hole #5 - par 5, is a great example of an excellent layout that when you go to pick your ball up out of the cup, You look back at the hole towards the tee box and smile. The use of large sand traps with a left then right play throughout the hole is great. The next hole, #6 - par 3, is a really nice hole with the marsh, pond and a tree to the right of your line of sight in front of the green. There are a number of holes (6) that require a big carry over water off the tee. Don’t try to bite off more than you can chew to reach the fairway or greens.

The course is obviously a major draw in the area. When I looked at reviews, it had a 4.5 star rating with 988 views as of writing this; a day after playing. The course is a fun course that is in fair to good condition. I can’t tell if the reviews are because it’s a solid value for what the rates were yesterday, or because a lot of locals are running up the ratings? The entire course was just punched. When I say the entire course, I mean every hole was punched. I can only assume it is the groundskeepers who are to blame, but it was trashy to see piles of the plugs dumped all over the course. I understand laying it around trees or something like that, but it’s multiple piles running down the cart path.on a number of holes, there are piles of plugs right next to the tee box. Some even spilled into the cart path. The sand traps looked like the sand was raked, but the grass around the traps hasn’t been cut/edged/whatever in weeks; if not months. The rough was not cut and in some circumstances, I couldn’t find my ball because of the lack of basic mowing. The greens, had no sand on them. The greens’ conditions lead me to believe they were just punched/aerated. All of the holes in the punching were wide open, no sand. Obviously this made putting impossible. Too many times my ball would just jump to one side or another. I bring this up because I didn’t find out about the greens until I drove up to the green on hole #1. I have uploaded a screen shot showing there is not information on GolfNow, but they make sure to let you know your tee time can vary by 10-15mins. Nothing mentioned online. Nothing even mentioned by the pro shop when I checked in and paid for my round. Well, that brings up another point. Do not assume that your tee time is YOUR tee time. You can be sitting at the #1 tee box and have two people walk over, put their bags down and tee up a ball and start teeing off. And I am already at the hole, sitting in my cart with my driver in hand, waiting for a threesome in front of me to clear so I could tee off. I had people jumping on the course all over the course. I got out of the cart and said, “excuse me? Did you not see me sitting here?” The two men looked at me, shrugged their shoulders and walked off down the fairway. When I came up to the tee box at 7, there was someone with a pull cart who popped out from behind a tree and began swinging on the forward tees. I said to myself out loud, “you’ve got to be kidding me.” Out of the bunker to my lright comes a gentlemen who
Is pushing a cart, playing with the lady teeing off ahead of me, and starts yelling at me saying, “what’s your problem?” I shook my head and said to him, “I’m just looking to play my round of golf and you two decide to jump out of your homes to play without checking in at the pro shop.” He nicely responded with, “well then, hit the dang ball and move on!” I had not drove my cart 20 yards past where the woman was and she tees off a ball directly at my cart. When I came around 9 to 10, I had 7 high schoolers, all in separate carts, jump on ahead of me with another twosome in one cart right behind them. That’s now 11 people ahead of me from when I was supposed to be teeing off at 1. The high schoolers were at the practice range and green when I teed off on one. But I could never imagined that a group of high schoolers from the golf team be as disrespectful and play golf as slow and as these boys did. Remember, each one of them has their own cart.

It was evident at the end of my round that this is a course that doesn’t appreciate non-members who are playing at this course. There is no basic consideration given for those that are paying to play, respect for tee times and courtesy to mention what May lie ahead for your round. Not even the pin placement was mentioned. I was extremely disappointed in my experience. I didn’t dog the course out in the ratings, but this course is a solid 3 star course, maybe a 4 at best in the winter if it’s mowed, manicured and taken care of. I drove 40 mins out of my way to play this course. I should have paid $100 more to play the ‘bucket list’ course down the street. I feel like I would have walked away thinking I got my monies worth at tripple the price. Yesterday I overpaid two times over.

Commented on 08/29/2022

I hope this email finds you well. I apologize for you over par experience at Eaglebrooke and not being informed about the aerification. We try our best to make sure the golfers know what to expect when they book their tee times, especially during aerification.

For some reason, the Golfnow website aerification alert was not showing up last week. It has since been fixed.

Please reach out to me personally next time you want to play. Again, my apologies.

Ryan Roberts, GM
rroberts@eaglebrooke.com

Wonderful as always

Almost perfect. Freshly aerated other than that perfect

Wonderful as always

Eagle Brooks still remains in my top 10 courses to play. It is always in wonderful condition and the pace of play is great. I believe it's a little overpriced for its location it's location but the course is amazing.

Eaglebrook

Really fun course. Lots of driver friendly holes so you didn’t have to lay up all the time on weird doglegs. Quite a few fun risk and reward holes over water to test your nerve. The greens rolled well and the fairways were in good shape. The beer angel was nice and around a lot but didn’t have anything for breakfast which was unfortunate. I’d play there again. One thing that was bad was whoever changed the cups couldn’t manage to put the plug in properly and this was all over the course. Course superintendent has to check the greens and train his pin setter. I mean come on!

Great day

Very nice course for this time of year pace of play was not the best due to people in front of us trying to find out of bound balls. Will go back to play again

1Q

Beautiful golf course and many scenic view while I was playing.

amazing course for the money

One of the best golf course in Tampa Bay area , great course, well maintained, great value.

The Club at Eaglebrooke

very pleasantly surprised; much much better than most I have played within striking distance to Tampa at this price point. Layout was suitably challenging, made you think about course management which a lot of local courses do not... this had slopes in fairways that make you place balls rather than bang them down there ( or you end up rolling thirty yard to the right and into the drink ) and the greens are superb - fast, undulating and a long way from flat and boring... it has been hot in early May for a few weeks and some fairways / tee boxes a little dusty - but when the rainy season starts this will become one of my firm favorites. definitely going back!

Eaglebrook

The course is challenging. Local knowledge on how to play a few holes would be helpful. Apparently it has no received much rain or needs a better sprinkler system as course needed water and water levels were low.

Wrong day to play

The course was generally in good condition although several greens had been sanded when we played which made reading the already tricky greens difficult. Food in the clubhouse was very good with friendly efficient staff. Unfortunately, we were not aware until arriving at the club after an hours drive that we were playing after a charity event of 14 4 ball groups playing Texas Scramble. The pace of play got slower and slower and we decided to abandon our game after taking 3 hours to play 11 holes and 3 groups waiting on 12th tee. Very disappointed.

Mulberry, Florida
Mulberry, Florida
Bartow, Florida
Semi-Private/Municipal
Lakeland, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, and Walt Disney World Golf.