Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club

Year Built 2007
Architect Tom Clark (2007)

Dress code Collared golf shirts are required.

Great course for the price !

Cannot get much better golf experience than this course for what you pay. This course has just about everything for playing challenge depending on tees (black is much harder than blue). 15 & 18 are the hard ones for me because these will play your mentality.

Commented on 01/08/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Safe and Enjoyable Round

This could likely be the last opportunity in a while for a warm sunny day to play so we took adavantage. We needed two carts for the three of us, but only one was available. At first i was slightly annoyed to wait, however by the time the bags were loaded on the first cart a few Carts became available. The reason for the delay was because the carts were being cleaned and sanitized. It was good to see that cautionary steps were being taken to ensure safety. All is forgiven, thanks for caring.

Commented on 12/15/2020

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Summer in December

Beautiful day for a round of golf!

Course was a little wet but otherwise in great shape. Staff was great, always very friendly and accommodating, very much appreciated! An altogether enjoyable day was had by all of us, thanks!

Commented on 12/15/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon. Thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Love this course

The course looks beautiful. The staffs are so nice and the prices are fairly. I would recommend my friends to go to there to play.

Commented on 12/10/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Shut up and play here

Don't care where you're from. Make the drive and get to this course. Beautiful views and phenomenal upkeep with the course conditions.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Another great round at Blue Ridge Shadows

Greens in great shape. Fairways drained well after last two days of rain.

Commented on 11/14/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Anonymous
Commented on 11/09/2020

Thanks so much for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Pace of play here clearly shows management has no clue what there doing. Tee times say there is 9 minutes in between each tee time however it feels more like 3 minutes. Also was placed behind a group of 5 which the guy upfront apparently had no problem with. The course is beautiful but dear lord find new management. I started at 12:40 and was only able to get 15 holes in. Would not recommend anyone from out of town waste their time coming here.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for taking time the time to share your review. However, we're very sorry that you had a poor experience with us recently, but we appreciate the feedback. We can assure you that we will use your feedback in a constructive manner and address the issue with our staff as needed. We apologize for any delay of play you may have experienced and ask that if you wish to discuss any concerns in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to Brian Jones, General Manager, at info@blueridgeshadows.com. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a better golf experience soon.

Very nice track

I like the layout. It definitely makes you think. The green complexes are interesting. There are a lot of elevation changes.

It's a difficult course for a beginner. More advanced players will enjoy it, thought

Commented on 11/04/2020

Thank you for your 5-star feedback, u314160203945! We're so glad you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Slow play, rude service - bad experience

Arrived 20 mins before my tee time and was told by the starter that I was late - which I've never heard arriving 20 mins before. He had sent out the other members of my group. He then sent me as a single to play behind a 5-some as a single. I asked why they couldn't split the 5 into a two groups of 3, they refused. So then I went off the back. Waited on every hole. It could have been a decent round, but this fell in the category of courses trying to squeeze every penny out with 9-minute tee times and an awful pace. Will never be back.

Commented on 11/05/2020

Gregory, thank you for taking time the time to share your review. However, we're very sorry that you had a poor experience with us, but we appreciate the feedback. We can assure you that we will use your feedback in a constructive manner and address the issue with our starter. Our General Manager did speak with our shop staff and they let him know that he did let the group you were supposed to play with out early, so he might have just been confused. Regardless the situation should have been handled better and that is on us to figure out how, which we will. Thank you for playing with us and again, thank you for sharing your experience. If you wish to discuss things in greater detail, feel free to reach out to Brian Jones, General Manager, at info@blueridgeshadows.com.

Amazing conditions with great weather made my day

My first time at any course I play 1 set of the tees forward. I am so glad I did. Played the whites. The fairways, greens and rough were in great condition. I could tell the course gets lots of play but did not show it. Golfers who play here replace fairway divots. I played one more club on the par 3s and it really helped especially hole 10 where i used 2 more clubs and got just passed the green and pared it. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of DC Metro courses.

Commented on 10/23/2020

Thank you for recommending and visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We truly appreciate your great 5-star review and hope to see you again soon!

Aeration alert, still a great place to play.

Always been one of my favorites. Greens were great. There was a tournament that afternoon. So the conditions were great, with tough pin placement. A real treat.

Commented on 10/19/2020

We're so glad you enjoyed your last round with us, ltusing! We appreciate the support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/19/2020

We're so glad you enjoyed your last round with us, mettiger08! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ejoyable Fun Course

This was my 2nd time playing there and I go there because it's a fun and challenging golf course. It's in the mountains and it feels like that, you drive the ball up and you literally drive it down and you really feel it! It's awesome, so you should try it and you will see what I mean...

Commented on 10/08/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 09/24/2020

We're so glad you enjoyed your golf experience with us, mark4965762! We appreciate the 4-star review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Condition Other Than Tee Boxes; Greens Outstanding

Agree with reviewer below in that the tee boxes were torn up. However, all courses have taken a beating this year. I can deal with bad tee boxes as long as greens are good & the greens were outstanding. Fairways had some bare spots due to standing water from all the rain in August. Pins were in some really difficult spots which I didn't mind. Prefer it to Shenandoah. Just wish it was closer to Leesburg.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi Squirrel3, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. As we aim for a 5-star experience, we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements but appreciate your patience & understanding given the recent weather conditions. Thank you for playing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club and we hope to welcome you back for a 5-star round soon!

Great course for the money

Fun course with a requirement for accuracy. Greens were really quick and in good condition. Fairways were in pretty good condition as well with only a few bare areas. One real complaint were the Tee boxes. Not sure what was going on but they were horrible throughout. Nice overall experience, will play again.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi arickle, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we value your feedback for improvements and hope you'll give us another try in the near future!

Worth the drive

One of the most underrated courses in No Va. Nice layout and view of the Blue Ridge. Don’t mess around with the par 3 No. 10. Club up.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thanks for your 5-star rating and great support, Mike6130930! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Great value but 5hr round .

Course is excellent , greens are large and a little quick , finding yardage is a huge issue without a range finder and pace of play on Sunday is a grind . Definitely worth the money compared to courses nearby .

Commented on 08/25/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 4-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Challenging coarse

Tee boxes are in a little rough shape, but overall the coarse looks good. Good challenging coarse!

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi u5461381, thank you for the 4-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for the valuable feedback and choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

4.2004833333