Looking back from a green at Gleneagle Golf Course

Gleneagle Golf Course in Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle. The 5,949-yard, par-70 layout may seem relatively short, but it's a course that will test your shot making skills and accuracy with strategically placed bunkers and undulating greens. The layout makes up for any lack of length in many other ways, including the treacherous rough that lines the rolling fairways. Water hazards come into play as well, but there are more on the front nine than the back. There are some challenging holes but overall, players of all skill levels will enjoy the golf course, especially with its backdrop of cedar and fir trees spread across rolling hills. With a driving range also available, Gleneagle offers one of the area's best values for the money.

Gleneagle Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Architect Bill Teufel (1993)

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #5)

Needs serious attention

This course has been neglected and could be great again if they'd just clean it up. The course has experienced a great deal of rain this spring so the mushy and mud areas are excusable but could be addressed with an aggressive topdressing program. The bunkers have grass growing within an haven't been raked for quite some time, obviously. Stairs and other manmade parts are in total disrepair. They really need to fine tune the details to regain this gem of a course! The greens are excellent though, quick and true rolling healthy surfaces! Kudos for this only shiny star here currently.

Good Course

I do not understand why Gleneagle is not busier. It is a par 70 with a lot of character. Lot of elevation changes. Lot of wide fairways which is why I only give it a moderate rating. Par three's are challenging. Some good risk/reward holes. Winds through a residential neighborhood which can be intimidating to some, but the houses are not really in your face, except on one par five where the fairway is tight.

The price to play 18 is hard to beat. I like to walk it, but you can get greens fees and a cart for a good price.

Really nice greens

Greens were great looks liked they punched about a month ago. Not really to hard some sand traps and water. Fairways and rough was pretty bad shape. Weeds and flowers everywhere also some holes you could tell where the fairway was to the rough. Probably just to wet still be defiantly needed some mowing and attention. Bar and restaurant are awesome as always and new carts are really nice. Had to wait almost every hole with groups still on the tee box but it was Sunday so can't complain. Overall had a fun time and will be back next weekend

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Commented on 05/03/2022

Hello! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Gleneagle Golf Course.

The grounds crew are working out the winter kinks so getting in shape. Greens are generally in good shape. Easy to get to off I-5

Gleneagle

One of the state’s hidden gems in terms of difficulty, scenery, layout and pricing! Usually you have to wait until the Summer months to really enjoy this course, but we were lucky to get out and have a dry, but super cold morning. No plugged balls, but you do have to watch out for muddy parts here n there. Those that hit it in the fairway at all times need not worry lol. Tee boxes could be better on certain holes, but it’s not too bad. It’s always a fun course to navigate, especially being really narrow at having houses left and right!

Gleneagle

Working out their winter kinks. Good place to just get out on a ice day. Should be better later this Spring

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Really good greens, inconvenient reservations

Course was in very good condition except for the bunkers. They were unplayable, but was told they were going to be redone soon. Greens were great.
My foursome would like to play here on a regular basis but the reservation system requires payment when made. That means one person has to pay for every player with credit card. One person doesn’t show there is no refund. No other public course I’m aware of does this. Also, if you rent a cart they take your license and hold it so you will bring the key into the office. Kids take off and joyride with them. I totally forgot and left the cart with the key in it like every other course I’ve ever played. They never called me to let me know they had my license. I had to cancel a medical appointment because I realized one week later that I left my license at the club house. Not my problem that no one has eyes on there carts. Change these these two policies and we will return.

Makes you use all your clubs

I love this course. Has made me a way better player.

Nice Day

Course was in good shape considering the recent rainfall. Could have cut the fairway grass shorter. All in all, a fun day.

Poor communication and conditions

Course was sloppy but understandable with it being Feb in Washington. Staff did not communicate that there were temp greens in play. (2nd green was in play but had puddles and poor conditions but the greens holes that had temp greens, the greens were fine…) Was charged for the round and cart when I made my tee time, not normal practice for an average public course around here. If it wasn’t for me getting my kid ready for golf tryouts, I wouldn’t have played this course. Do not recommend, especially for the price.

Commented on 03/07/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

great day, beautiful course

We played Monday afternoon, not crowded, no delays. Beautiful day a little wet from last week's rain.

almost all tee boxes weren't even grass or little grass.. bunkers had no sand or had grass growing through the sand..

Commented on 10/05/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Gleneagle Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Snohomish, Washington
Camano Island, Washington
Mount Vernon, Washington
Clinton, Washington
Langley, Washington
BREWSTER, WA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Gamble Sands and 3 rounds of golf at Gamble Sands - Sands Course and the new QuickSands Short Course.