Looking back from a green at Gleneagle Golf Course

Gleneagle Golf Course in Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle. The 5,949-yard, par-70 layout may seem relatively short, but it's a course that will test your shot making skills and accuracy with strategically placed bunkers and undulating greens. The layout makes up for any lack of length in many other ways, including the treacherous rough that lines the rolling fairways. Water hazards come into play as well, but there are more on the front nine than the back. There are some challenging holes but overall, players of all skill levels will enjoy the golf course, especially with its backdrop of cedar and fir trees spread across rolling hills. With a driving range also available, Gleneagle offers one of the area's best values for the money.

Gleneagle Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Architect Bill Teufel (1993)

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #5)

Great job by grounds crew

Ok so this is a pretty tight course but it is a lot of fun and forces you to get your Slice under control.
You can really see the hard work paying off for the ground crew! The traps have all been raked out and the fairways and rough cleaned up. The tee boxes still need some love but I think the crew will be getting those shaped up pretty quick! I have played this course often over the years and I think this is the best shape the course has been in my memory!

Best bang for your buck

Overall course was in good shape. Some rough spots but what course doesn’t. Staff very friendly and accommodating..

Going Downhill

Admittedly it has been a dry summer but that is now the norm for Pacific Northwest. Too many tee blocks were ground under repair. Sandtraps not weeded. One tee off sign broken. A few greens had dead areas of grass. I fear the course is in financial trouble or they need a new Head Greenskeeper. Value for the money if you want an assured weekend. tee-time or a practice round. Sad to see the course going downhill, but perhaps new investors or new managment can save it before it is too late. We cant afford to lose a course in fast-growing Arlington area.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Tee boxes in bad shape

About half the bunkers are in bad shape, and a bunch of tee boxes are roped off due to new grass. Most of the tee boxes were just dirt and sand. Otherwise the fairways and greens were in good shape. They need a good grounds keeper!

Commented on 08/17/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Gleneagle Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great local course

I like playing Gleneagle because although it is a test it's not so long nor so difficult that I can't enjoy it. I'm a very amateur golfer and shooting the high 90s, so I appreciate a course that is not too long or too challenging and yet has variety and beauty. The reason I rated it four stars in some places is because there's still some ground under repair here and there and their bunkers need some work. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Overall I really like going to Glen eagle.

Course conditions

The tee boxes were the worst I have played this year. Mostly dirt and sand, very little or no grass at all. Fairways and greens were adequate.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Narrow fairways make for target golf

We’ve played here several times this year. Fairways and greens in great shape for late summer, but the tee boxes are in terrible condition - bare, without grass. Course knows this and they’re working on it.

Also, first time around this course can be confusing - it’s not always obvious where the next tee is located.

Like the course, though, for its narrow fairways and variety of challenges.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Gleneagle Golf Course.

Plan to lose balls

I used to play this course a lot 20 years ago. It looked and played about the same.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
Crazy tight on most fairways. I enjoyed my round..

course conditon not as expected

My work schedule had an opening, so I decided to golf. :-) I had not played Gleneagle for over a year, so I thought it worth a try. I don't regret playing Gleneagle but wished, as I had with each previous outing, the course had been better managed.

The tee boxes were a mess and many of the greens were in poor condition, with afflictions such as muddy ruts, bare patches, and chunks of turf missing that did not appear to be caused by un-repaired ball marks. Pace was slow because the group ahead seemed unaware and uncaring that others were also playing--they were so slow the group ahead of them vanished after the first hole. Pace at Gleneagle has been a problem every time I have played it---Gleneagle does not employ a marshal to keep players moving.

The course layout is rather fun, with narrow fairways that reward straight drives and punish wayward shots. There are trees, ponds, and rock-hard bunkers that can cost several strokes. Most holes require a sound strategy to play and will occasionally support a bold attack, however, carry several extra balls in case you choose to play aggressively without being well practiced. :-)

Commented on 08/02/2021

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Not crowded at all. Great service. Course conditions we okay, but not as bad as other reviews.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Gleneagle Golf Course.

Snohomish, Washington
Camano Island, Washington
Mount Vernon, Washington
Clinton, Washington
Langley, Washington
DUPONT, WA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma DuPont and 2 rounds of golf at Chambers Bay Golf Club.
BREWSTER, WA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Gamble Sands and 3 rounds of golf at Gamble Sands - Sands Course and the new QuickSands Short Course.
WHISTLER, CAN | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa and 4 rounds of golf at Big Sky GC, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler GC, Nicklaus North GC & Whistler GC.
WORLEY, ID | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort and Hotel, and 2 rounds of golf at Circling Raven Golf Club.