Glen Eagle Golf Club

Year Built 1960
Golf Season Mar 15 to Oct 31
Architect Rene Muylaert (1960)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. We expect that all golfers will have shirts with collars, casual slacks or golf slacks, or shorts no more than 4" above the knee. Jeans and/or cut-offs are not permitted.

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Showers, Lockers

Plays Long 17

Given that we were playing in almost December, the course was in great condition, although the winter preparation for the greens made them somewhat challenging - we had a great time, beautiful walk and would do it again.

Extortion

The T time was a hot deal with (cart), Arrived at the proshop only to be told that I would have to pay $45.20 additional, thats full price not even 1/2 for the cart, despite a cart was included in the hot deal, I showed the girl at the deck my phone conformation , where it showed the round with cart. She did not know what to say at that moment, paused and came up with the excuse that it was golfnow's fault (what I call bifubule talk) and if I wanted to share the cart with another person, that person could give me half, $20...I said "your carts are not Covid ready" (barrier between the two golfers) she shrugged her shoulders and said "you can walk instead." I had no choice but to pay what ever the course wanted. Two things here that are very DISTURBING.. 1- that Glen Eagle EXTORTED money from me as well as the other in my group. (THIS IS ILLEGAL). ...as well as a violation of the Covid guidelines, suggesting 2 people (strangers) share the same cart with no protection. I cannot emphasize more strongly how (DISHONEST) this hole ordeal at Glen Eagle was, and goes against everything that golf stands for (INTEGRITY, HONESTY, FAIR PLAY and MORALS....) They really should be ashamed of them selves !!!

photo.jpg
Commented on 11/29/2020

I respectfully disagree... the error, yours or theirs is not my fault, why should the costumer pay for a mistake that they did not create..my phone conformation as well as the others in the group (showed hot deal with cart...) there is no getting around that. G.E. should have called G.N. to clarify any misunderstandings at that time, not make one pay for a full cart, and go through the hassle of getting refund as well as dealing with visa and the wait.... As far as, I could have walked like you say..sure I suppose but I paid for a cart to be included. Despite everything I still (strongly recommend) Glen Eagle golf course!!!! to any one wanting a fun round of golf.

Commented on 11/29/2020

All our advertised tee times were clearly marked as "Walking only" and that limited power carts may be available. Golf Now, on their HOT DEAL included a power which WAS NOT at all authorized for inclusion by Glen Eagle. We did nothing illegal or extort money as you claimed. It is your option if you wanted to take a power cart or not, no one forced you. I have also been advised that Golf Now has refunded you some money due to their error.

Early November Golf

Early November round. We were delayed by 20-25 mins, but considering it’s early November and we’re still golfing, I’ll take it.
Course was still in great condition except the greens. The greens were aerated, so they were bumpy, uneven and a valley of sand & dirt. Made putting quite unpredictable.
Got the round in, in under 4 hours. Looking forward to playing again next season.

Great

Play at your course many times for many years. I bring our golf group 3-4 times a year. We all enjoy the course and will return many times in 2021

Glen Eagle Golf Club

What an outstanding day (weather wise) for golf considering the time of year. Perfect conditions. I had not played this course in about 20 years but once I got going I remembered most of the holes. For those familiar with the course you will know that they have a 3 x 9 hole configuration - Blue, Red and Yellow. My group played the Yellow / Red combination. The condition of the greens on the Yellow 9 were outstanding. Every approach shot held nicely and putts rolled out perfectly. The Red 9 had recently been aerated and top dressed with sand making those greens a bit slower and bumpier. That said, Glen Eagle is a good test of golf and rewards both distance and accuracy. The greens are very player friendly with not too much elevation change throughout the course. A very enjoyable round !

Charge for no showing up

I dodnt happen to show up to my tee time due to family issues and totally forgot about my tee time and was still charged $300 for not showing up

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hello, Robert. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (905) 880-0131. Thank you for playing Glen Eagle Golf Club - Blue/Yellow.

Poor Customer Service

Played course couple of times this year, staff has been rude on multiple occasions. Told they would not accept a valid coupon even though it said valid all season, almost didn’t accept passes we won at a tournament. Heard these types of complaints from other people. Regular rates are pretty steep, even for November.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hello, Sean. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We ask that you would please reach out to our management team at {{business_phone_number}, and thank you for choosing Glen Eagle Golf Club - Blue/Yellow. We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Glen Eagle Golf Club - Blue/Yellow.

Fun Course to Play

Playing any round in November is a plus but this round was enjoyable. The course was still in good shape and the pace of play was good. There is an interesting mix of holes with some risk/reward type shots that makes things fun.

Most people ride the course, but I found it an easy and nice course to walk.

Always a great course, if you don’t get caught

Normally slow play is a thing. Course is awesome. Challenging, but forgiving in areas as well. So long as golfers keep standard golf etiquette it’s the perfect place to play!

Bad customer relations

Traffic caused me to be later than I want to be but arrived one minute before tee time to pro shop to pay. The guy at the desk had audacity to not say welcome but rather shake his head I approvingly. I tried to believe he didn’t mean it towards me but he was not welcoming at all. We got to the tee box 1 minute after and he tried to tell us we were late. I was upset as I would have been more than willing to be moved ahead to my group as I know under the terms of booking if I didn’t show, they could charge me anyway. But that was not really the case he simply tried to squeeze other chaps into the time slot. Totally disrespectful and snobby. Otherwise played a great game with my fellow golfers on a great afternoon.

Commented on 11/05/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game with us and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Glen Eagle Golf Club - Blue/Yellow. We hope you'll give us another chance to show you how we've improved.

Bolton, Ontario