Tallwood Country Club

Year Built 1970

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard Accepted

Commented on 06/23/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314161900781. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Tallwood Country Club!

A Great Place for a Swim

I found numerous amounts of ponds on the back nine, thus the title; but joking aside, this course is a must play in the state. Well maintained with a challenging layout, fair greens, and 4 sets of tees. I was greeted by the club pro on the first tee who kindly suggested a few things he saw going on with my swing. I had a great time here and finished at the 4 hour mark.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Hello, Brian2395744. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Tallwood Country Club!

Nice round with a few gorgeous holes

a little slow at the start but it was a beautiful weekday and we all wanted to play - Great track and value to boot! If you have never been you are missing out :)

Commented on 06/16/2022

u000006473528, thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Tallwood Country Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Great value

The greens are finally healing from the aeration or rolling better The course is in great shape staff in the snack bar is not the friendliest but what limited items they offer is good full restaurant would be nice

Commented on 06/16/2022

uYWMI9230YW, thank you for your kind words! The team has worked very hard to get where we are, and we appreciate golfers like you taking notice. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hi, mfltm. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Tallwood Country Club.

Abysmal weekend morning pace of play

I have fond memories of playing this course as a kid.

The layout is fun, with lots of doglegs, blind shots, and elevation changes. If you’re not hitting your ball straight, you might struggle (personally, I think it’s under sloped from a handicap perspective).

The short game practice area is excellent, with multiple greens and several practice bunkers.

Today the course conditions were OK. Greens were fairly bumpy, and I encountered plenty of bald patches in fairways and rough. Bunkers were nice.

My complaint is with the way the management set us up for an extremely slow pace of play. I had an 8:09 tee time and I was at the tee box as the 8:00 group left the box at 8:02 (they have a clock on the tee). Assuming that my group was next, I walked onto the tee box and started taking practice swings. Then a threesome drove up and asked me what tee time we had. When I said we were 8:09, they said that they were 8:05. I said “can’t be, there’s no way they’re scheduling 4 minute tee times - maybe you’re going off the back?” They replied “no, we have 8:05.” I got on my phone, called the pro shop, patiently waited on hold, and then was told “somebody must have squeezed in an extra group.” Until the 17th hole, the group in front of us was still on every tee as we approached the tee area. Our round, which was supposed to start at 8:09 AM, took nearly five hours. And things were more backed up behind us (see photo of twelve players on third hole as we reached 7th tee).

It’s one thing to try to squeeze as many players as you can onto the course, but when you’re doing something whacky (like having an 8:05 and 8:09 tee time), please tell me when I check in so that I can avoid any “controversy” on the first tee which takes me out of the relaxed mindset that I’d like to have for my round of golf.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Tallwood Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Day

Course was in good condition even though the greens were still recovering from aeriation. A little slow on the front nine, but a group dropped out at the turn and the pace was great for the second nine.

Commented on 06/07/2022

Hi, u314159926639. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Tallwood Country Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hi, uYWMI9230YW. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Tallwood Country Club!

Nice track with lots of fun holes

Lots of dog legs, not too long,, fun holes, some blind shots so read the tips on the score card! Excellent warm up area! Greens were in very good shape and rolled real smooth. Tee boxes could have been better/brutal on a few holes. If it was closer to a highway I would play more often

Commented on 06/07/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u000003137109. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Tallwood Country Club thanks you!

Pace of play

Pace of play was very slow, there was a Marshall out but didn’t seem to be doing much. Our round was 5 hours, others were saying there’s was 5 1/2 hours.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hi, Matthew9271935. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Tallwood Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/06/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, cknowles1221. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club!

Commented on 06/01/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, rwaterman76. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club!

Commented on 05/25/2022

Hi, mfltm. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Tallwood Country Club!

Commented on 06/01/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, robby114. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club!

Lack of communication

Booked a 1:15pm round on a Saturday. Got there early to see if we could get out and low and behold, they planned a tournament at 1:00. Asked if the two of us could sneak off the back to no avail. It would have been nice to know this ahead of time, like the aeration alerts. Round took over 5 hours.

Commented on 05/25/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, augie42. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club!

Commented on 05/25/2022

Hello, augie42. We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club.

Commented on 05/23/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Slicester860. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Tallwood Country Club!

Good outing

Enjoyed it. Greens aerated not long ago so not sure how true they were. Approach shots with water around some greens were a little scary especially with high winds. Good overall experience. Will be back.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, ydPmEnrvYMAEL7oIbOcL. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club!

Commented on 05/20/2022

Commented on 05/18/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, pgg1960. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club!

Interesting Track

Lots of sharp doglegs and water that can come into play. Greens are large but had just been aerated so tough to tell how they normally roll. Overall, a nice layout I'd like to play again when the greens are back.

Commented on 05/11/2022

Thanks so much for the great review, pgg1960. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Tallwood Country Club.

Hebron, Connecticut
East Hartford, Connecticut
Portland, Connecticut
Portland, Connecticut
Cromwell, Connecticut
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.