Year Built 2018
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Pete Dye (2018)

Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Maryland (2020 #17)

Lovely Day

We were staying at the Inn and played Saturday. It was an absolute treat. You have a top-notch golf course and staff. This place is a hidden gem. I regret not getting everyone's name because the service alone, from the Bag Drop staff, the Pro Staff, and the Snack Cart driver was worth the $245 alone. Top-notch stuff.
There is some maintenance going on on the back nine, but it didn't really affect our round.

Thanks for Having Us

Played last weekend. We loved the simulators, course, and experience. It was a fun day, and a great golf course.. possibly the best greens in Maryland (evrn with aeration). Big kudos to Cory for the help with getting started and dinner recommendations after the round. Everyone else was very friendly too. If you get an opportunity to play here, you should.

Not worth the $135

Neither the course conditions nor the service you receive justify the $135 they charge for their member of the day rate. The layout is nice, but some of the greens and fairways were torn up. Additionally, the woman who was doing check-in didn't seem particularly happy to see us.

Out with old Harbourtowne, in with the new Links at Perry Cabin!

This was my first round at the Links at Perry Cabin since the major remodel of the old Harbourtowne — Wow! What a difference! I loved all the new mounding, water hazards, & trees — I can hardly wait to come back when everything’s in full bloom. The old Harbourtowne was quirky, but not in a good way. Whoever did the renovation smoothed out all the rough edges & made the course much more “golfer-friendly.” The real challenge is the greens. Whereas the original layout had small, flat greens, the new “Links” green complexes are much larger with more undulations — loved the closing two holes — 17’s a par 3 Island Green, (ala the 17th @ TPC @ Sawgrass), & the 18th is a great finishing hole: Par 4, sweeping, “fish hook,” dogleg right, with water all along the right side — Slicers BEWARE! Will definitely come back!

Unbelievable layout and conditions

Best course by far in the area and on par with premier courses anywhere!

Great Round

This course has improved so much since the first time I played. Very enjoyable - staff is great, and the course meets exactly what defines golf - rewarding, challenging, frustrating, and fun!

Amazing Experience

We stayed at the Perry Cabin Inn and from start to finish the weeekend was first class. I couldn’t have asked for a better stay and golf course. This is without a doubt a great place to spend a weekend and play amazing golf. The course was challenging but fair. The back nine is one of the best nines I’ve ever played. The staff were very courteous and available. I will recommend this to anyone and everyone.

Great experience

Looking down the first tee box at the amazing landscape and rolling hills you are immediately drawn in. After the jitters on the first tee box you can’t stop smiling!

The staff was very friendly! I highly recommend playing this course!

Course was great! Layout was a lot of fun. The staff was all very welcoming and friendly. Can’t wait to get back to play again.

UNREAL WATERSIDE EXPERIENCE

Course is a hidden gem. Showed up running a little late to our 10am tee time. They have indoor simulators that are complimentary to warm up with. Super friendly staff. Layout was pure Pete Dye. The final three holes were some of the best I have ever seen. Pricey track, but worth the price!

Hidden Treasure

From the moment you pull up you know you are at a special place. All of the staff were extremely welcoming and courteous, your cart is ready for your arrival to the greeting when you enter the clubhouse.. The indoor simulators and practice area get you ready for the challenge ahead. The site lines off the tee set you up for risk / reward to the typical Pete Dye greens. You will be challenged whether to go for the pin but beware of the subtle undulations. Fairways were in great shape and the greens rolled true and fast even before the morning dew burned off. Golfers of all skill levels will not be disappointed and is a must play when visiting Maryland's Eastern Shore

Thanksgiving 2020

The course is in excellent condition, very challenging layout from Pete Dye. The staff is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I’ll do it again.

Perfect Saturday

For a Late November morning the weather was beautiful.
The course was very well maintained and the fairways and greens were excellent. I haven't played a course in the past 2 years that has been in better shape. The staff were very courteous, friendly and extremely willing to help and offer assistance. Links at Perry Cabin is my new favorite course and made that Saturday golf outing with 3 great friends that much more enjoyable!

Loved Every Minute!

My first time playing a Pete Dye course. Had an awesome experience at Perry Cabin! Very friendly staff and the course was in great shape! Picture perfect, every bunker was raked like the courses on TV. Best layout I've seen in years! Can't wait to play here again!

We were welcomed by a very friendly staff and a top of the line indoor driving range which was perfect for a chilly day. The head pro, John, got us set up on the simulators and told us about the course. The front nine was a very fun but also challenging layout. Back 9 was also very fun, 16 17 18 were fantastic closing holes where you know you’re on a Pete Dye course. Fairways were in great shape. Greens were also in very good shape and rolling very fast.

It was a beautiful day to play golf, it was windy at times but manageable. The greens were rolling smooth and fast. I was told about the "goodnight kiss" previously and it definitely stood up to its name! I'll be thinking about that horrible shot I made on 17 for awhile! Out of all the Pete Dye courses I've played, this course was golfer friendly and required many different shots. My girlfriend who is very new to golf had a blast. Can't wait to return next season.

Wow

First impressions are wow, very nice place. Driving into the place you can see It is well taken care of. Pro shop was great! Set me up for a warm up on the simulator ( no driving range yet) and hooked me up with some beers in my golf cart cooler! Plus1! Carts were in great shape and sanatized with a letter from the club. Now the course..... hard, fair, challenging, rewarding. Loved it. I have never seen grass cutters and greens keepers hide in the woods until you were done playing the hole and have teed off on the next hole. Amazing! I will be back. Thank you to the staff and course personnel for your professionalism and dedication to the players!

A gem. Greens are “Dye-abolical”!

Club house is non descript yet fits the area and course. Very clean. Great staff. I will not address the Covid-19 measures but they were great and the review is about golf. The conditions were amazing. The greens were as expected, fast, undulating and pins were in places you had to be smart to be in the right spot for any chance at a par putt. All of the greens were a challenge. Hard as a rock yet receptive, if that makes sense. The course weaves around a residential area. Most holes you really pay more attention to the course, and the scenery than the surroundings. All of the holes were pleasing to the eye off of the tee, to me and fit my game. Hole 1 eases you into the round and it continues to lure you in as you play on. The first par 5 is #6 and it is the only one on the front 9. Seems mundane until you reach the green. Hint: Be in the right spot or it is a 3 putt lol. Hole 7 was under repair but still playable. You can see areas around the entire 18 that have been affected by the extra rain this year. They have done a yeoman’s job keeping it to a minimum. Unlike a lot of the Dye courses I have played, there are only a few blind shots and the deceptive distance perspectives means use your yardage book, laser or cart to verify what your eyes see. The final 3 holes are definitely Dye at his best. 16 is a drivable par 4 from the White tees and water is in play if you can bomb it. Be smart. Hole #17 looks a lot like TPC Sawgrass. The final hole #18 is a risk reward finishing hole for sure. A forced carry let’s you chew off as much of the corner as you want. Wind in your face or across from the bay will help you make your choice wisely. Once in the fairway you need to figure out what level the pin is on and hope you are on it with your approach. If not? Only about 8-10 feet of difference if you aren’t perfect. The course plays fairly short from the White/Back tees. I played white in day 1 and backed up on day 2. I preferred the extra length and actually shot better from the Blue tees. I played 18 holes on both days, in a cart, cart path only in 3 hours. Not in a hurry. Enjoyed the challenge. The greens were the most impressive. Fast. Pure. Overall an amazing, enjoyable and not too mentally taxing course to play. I will be back. I would say it is a must play.

Veterans State Golf Championship

VGA Maryland was lucky to host the State Championship at this BEAUITFUL course. My wife, not a golfer or even likes it, drove/dropped me off was even at awe when pulling up. To see the course with mist under little sunlight. The water across the street glistening from the moon.
The staff I meet once I pulled in were VERY helpful in making sure I got to the correct cart, they took my bag for me, and showed me everything I needed to know. After going into the clubhouse I walked outside and took some photos just being in awe of the scenery looking out #1 and #18. They have 5 Adirondack Chairs overlooking those holes. It really was picturesque.
I went back inside to use one of many bays they have for warming up. They didn't have a driving range but had state of the art simulators. Myself it is hard to warm in a bay as I feel confined. I feel the same way when getting fitted for clubs.
I studied the course layout for three days to get ready for shot placements etc. Going through the course it was pretty spot on, couple differences, but mostly spot on.
The course unfortunately received over 34 inches of rain with the month, starting in September. They did their best to rectify that issue and did as well as they could. The course was in good shape consider. Thank you to the superintendent and the crew.
The Goodnight Kiss is a GREAT last three holes that one will never forget. They are pretty reminiscent of TPC Sawgrass. I have always been a HUGE Dye fan and this didn't disappoint. I really hope to get a chance to play there once again.
Thanks to Bob, VGA, and staff of Links at Perry Cabin for an amazing and enjoyable event.

Buzz

Honest review.

The staff were great. The course was in great shape. Two things I found unappealing. First no driving range. Hitting into a net just doesn't do it for me. Second is the long grasses around the sand traps. The greens are already tough, Hitting a good bunker shot to try and save par is tough enough for me. Then to add the long grasses that you cannot hit a decent shot from if your life depended on it is crazy. But I guess it was the same for us all. Just don't hit your ball there. Still a great course though.
Rob Heilig