Kissing Tree Golf Club

Year Built 2018
Architect Gary Stephenson (2018)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No

I love the fairness of this course. Great for amateurs. 9 & 18 great risk reward holes.

Course conditions where excellent. I love playing Kissing Tree.

Overall good, needs some attention to detail

Course in good shape overall. Some basic things need attention. Ball washers poorly maintained - some damaged others had no water or dirty water. Not enough drinking water supplied throughout the course. The holes that had water either did not have cups or were out of water, not good on a 98 degree day. Fun layout. Lots of potential.

Slower greens

Purse is in great condition. Practice putting green is way faster than actual greens. That is all.

Avoid at all cost

Avoid at all cost. I visited Austin for my bachelor part 1.5 weeks after my father passed away and was looking forward to some golf scramble. Given that I was going through one of the worst times of my life, it was pretty hard to make it worse, but Kissing Tree and the staff found a way to make it even worse.

Prior to arriving, we called to schedule Tee Times and asked to rent clubs. We were told that renting won't be an issue and that we wouldn't need to reserve ahead of time...boy was that a lie.

We needed to rent 6 sets of clubs because most of us did not want to travel with our sets. When we arrive, we were told that they had 0 sets to rent out and that they only had 6 in total and that they were already out on the course. We had no problem sharing bags (1 per cart) since this was a scramble for fun. We were going for speed and fun, not looking to break course records. We were told that we couldn't do that. The people helping us couldn't even tell us when the clubs would come back. They had zero flexibility to work with us so we ended up canceling our Tee times after traveling close to an hour by Uber to get there. We even asked if we could go to the driving range and was told "No because you don't have a tee time anymore" - like really? We literally just canceled our times because you couldn't accommodate us despite telling us you could ahead of time.

Extremely disappointed by the lack of flexibility we headed to the bar/restaurant and was again turned away because we weren't members. While I certainly understand this, it was again disappointing. Between Merch, Golf, Food/Beverage, our group was easily going to spend over $2500 that day and kept being turned down. I have a hard time getting over the fact that we were literally trying to spend a lot of money and there was zero flexibility.

Everytime we tried to get clarity, we were told that a call center handles all customer service and questions ahead of time. So the actual place/people that help get you set up with golf aren't even the people you communicate with a head of time.

TL:DR - If you are going here as a public avoid. The place looks great on paper but it's a giant bait and switch. Spend your money elsewhere. I've never been so disappointed in my life.

Worst staff in Texas!

We have never experienced such a lack of management and professionalism then the management at the Kissing Tree golf course. Both our golf carts had issues from not cleaned, the GPS not working on either cart to no refreshment cart offered. A few of the water jugs also empty on the course.
The only positive would be the greens were good. So sad that a beautiful course like this is not run with customers in mind. We will never go back and will never recommend this course to anyone!!!!

Love this place

Took my 6 year old with me and the Marshall set us off early to give us a solo round. Made some great memories on that course yesterday. Will be coming back as long as the hot deals keep going!

Enjoyed the course

Course is laid out nicely. The fairways were okay except for the irrigation repairs across many fairways. The greens were recently punched and sanded so were bouncy.
Driving range was very good. On course refreshments were available throughout the round.

Course was in great condition especially for this time of year. Staff very friendly.

Playing course

Course needs more bunkers. The 18th hole is to easy for a finishing hole

Not in good shape right now

I’ve played kissing tree a few times, and usually it’s in fantastic shape. Unfortunately, all the greens were aerated this time around and there was a temporary green on the fourth hole. The fairways and T boxes were not as green as they used to be as well. It’s a solid course, but when it’s in the shape it’s not worth $100 to play

TK

Too much damage due to course work in progress and too dry.

A Golfers Fun Plac

Welcoming staff. Course was in great shape for this time of year. You can tell that is maintained well. Challenging but not difficult. Definitely a must play if you are in San Antonio or Austin.

My Fave

This is the best public course around in my humble opinion. I drove from Georgetown to play it for the second time ever and I wish I could go play it every weekend. The practice facility is awesome and the staff are very friendly. They start the groups where you don’t play on top of each other and there’s minimal to no waiting. The greens are like carpet and roll very true and the layout is beautiful and fun. Kudos to the grounds crew for keeping such an immaculate course!
Go Play It!

Poor Management. Terrible Course Conditions.

The management does little to nothing to ensure we have an adequate time at the course. During the play, we were repeatedly asked to hurry our pace even though the teams in front of us were taking longer. Worst customer service. The cafe slowed down pace of play because they wouldn’t take our orders over the phone. The conditions of the course were awful for the price we paid. The greens were over-sanded while most of the fairways and tee boxes were riddled with divots. The carts are in terrible condition. We had flat tires while the others were bald beyond repair. Never coming back to this course! DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Tee Time

I booked a tee time for 2:12. My friend and I arrived at the course at 1, only to find out that our tee time has been postponed to 3:12. We couldn’t finish our round because it was getting dark and cold. We were really upset because we spent $90 each to experience equal to this value, and we haven’t. I expect a full refund and I’ll make sure I’d never come back again. Thanks.

San Marcos, Texas
Wimberley, Texas
Kyle, Texas
Canyon Lake, Texas
Lockhart, Texas
Driftwood, Texas
Seguin, Texas
Austin, Texas
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.