The First Tee of Greater Richmond
|Back M: 26.3/80||180||120||135||55||90||60||180||120||135||1075||1075|
|Forward W: 27.0/90||145||95||110||45||50||45||145||95||110||840||840|
We enjoyed our golfing experience there. Pace was great for us, other golfers there were super friendly. I would gladly play there again when we are in the area.
Great little course
I come here almost every week. The price is good for the quality of the course even though the course is only 6 holes. I recommend this course to a lot of people that are new to golf. Meeting a lot of other new golfers when I first started coming here was a plus. Exchanging phone numbers to plan future rounds of golf either here or other courses is always great.
Great little practice course.
The course is great super short and good for practice. My only negative was my interaction with the guy at the pro shop. Young guy was more annoyed I was there that. From the start he just wasn't happy and he sure made me feel like dirt when he chased me down the 1st hole yelling at me why was I walking the course again for a third time even though I had paid for 18 (three times over the six hole course) when I gave the rental clubs back he just couldn't be happier I was gone. Never in my life have I felt that unwelcome at a golf course.
Great value! Fun for all golf fans!
With a 180 yard par 3, and a 65 yard par 3.. my high irons and wedges get a lot of work in! For $15 you can walk 18 holes and work on all your high iron shots!
Putting is hit or miss on some holes. Some greens almost feel “turfy” but still quite a fun experience!
Good for practice or beginners only
1) E-R has a good driving range (reasonably priced), practice putting area (free) and practice pitching area (free),
2) The 6- hole par-3 course only costs $8-10 to walk, and only takes 35- minutes to play and gets light play on most weekday afternoons,
3) Located very close to Richmonds main post-office, it MAY be convenient for city residents and VCU students,
4) The overall facility and par-3 course is a good venue for raw beginners or those who want to mostly get wedge and putting practice.
1) Driving range and practice areas are fine, but the condition of the 6- hole par -3 course is not great,
2) 2-4 of the six holes are very short 70-100 yards+/-, offering very little club-use variety. Use both tee distances for minimal variety.
3) The greens were in decent condition but have some nasty undulations (3-putting is common),
4) Holes 2-3 have nasty deep sand-traps that are absolutely no fun to escape.
If you live nearby and just want about an hour or so of practice, give it a try.
If it's a haul to get to, I'd recommend alternative short/par-3 courses, including Tattersall and Belmont's 6- hole par-3, or Windy Hills (9-hole par-3 and Lake courses). I'm NOT a fan of the Independence 9- hole Executive par-3 course, at 3× the cost. For anything other than PRACTICE, E-R is probably not recommended.
Great for learning the game
Found this place recently. It’s perfect for on the way home from work off the interstate in downtown Richmond. I’ve started playing this year and it’s a great learning facility for anyone new to the game from the par 3 6 hole course, the grass tee driving range, chipping and putting greens they are all great. Only complaint is a few of the further back tees are currently closed right now on the par 3 course.
This is perfect if you only have 45 minutes and want to work on your approach. My only gripe was how fast the greens were, but the practice greens were the same pace so it was possible to figure it out.
Decent value. Great course to hit a quick round after work.
Greens are great!
This course is perfect for the price and is kept up very well. Not to mention the great driving range where you can hit on grass or from a covered area.
Reopening in May 2020
Yes, it’s a short executive course. It’s a First Tee! Great staff! Easy to walk. Price is right. Four sets of tees to work on various aspects of your short game. Leave the driver at home!! Last year they had the best greens in the RVA metro area. No grill. County owned=no beer. Vending machines for snacks and drinks. A very good place to work on your sHort game.