Previously known as Wawona Hotel Golf Course and Big Trees Golf Course.

Year Built 1918
Golf Season April - November
Architect Walter Fovargue

Carts Yes - $18.50

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Lodging

Lodging Available

Tennis

Could be great but...it's not

I had some extra time to kill while near Yosemite so I walked over to the course (now called Big Trees Golf Course), to see if the course was open. I was greeted by a person in the "pro shop" that was extremely polite but had absolutely no idea about golf. I had to rent a set of clubs for $17.50 that consisted of a mixed set of beginner clubs with no 8 iron but 2 five woods and 2 4-hybrids. Of course I had to purchase golf balls and tees. It turned out that course was closing the next day but I still paid full price. That would not be a big deal except for the fact that the tee boxes were not mowed, the fairways were spotty, the rough was 8 inches deep as if it had not been trimmed for weeks and, to top it off, the greens had not been mowed or groomed for weeks. I think the stimpmeter would have been about a 2. The greens had a pillow-like feel and SLOW. I do not think the hole location for each green had been changed for days as grass was growing into the top of the cup. Course runs through beautiful forest but course conditions were so bad I spent more time tracking ball then looking at beauty. I lost 2 of 3 golf balls within 10 yards of green simply because the rough was so high around greens. Bunkers were pancake flat sand. Sadly, with some care this course would be fun and challenging. Instead, I paid full price to play a course that was not "up to par." I dislike companies that are trying to save money by not maintaining the course but make patrons pay full rate. "Fool me once, shame on you..."

Plays Once a year

YOSEMITE, Gods country, golf, Mountains, Clean air, nice temp. fun track.

Golf in Yosemite, is my back yard. I go up in spring, summer, and fall, What a cool place to play. Greens are slow, but are fun. NO PESTICIDES, reclaimed water is used on course. Natural terrain, fun track. ENJOY

Ahwahnee, California