Cary Country Club

Fairways Blue Grass

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Lockers

Thick Rough 10

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi prasong24. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (847) 639-3161 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Cary Country Club!

Love the Elevation Changes

They just aerate the greens which blows. Otherwise, I was very happy with the course.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hi u416794848. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cary Country Club.

Aeration

Perfect day at a great course that I have not played in almost 10 years! Would have liked to see the website updated with the aeration that took place recently. Maybe that is why I got a good rate, but would have liked to know in advance to make a decision to play here or not. I regret that I have not played this course more frequently as it was perfect for my skill level.

Commented on 09/30/2020

Your feedback is important to us, gebhron. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Cary Country Club.

Beautiful Day

Beautiful day on the golf course. A touch of fall in the air and the hills of the course make for nice scenery

Commented on 10/05/2020

Thank you for your review, golfkeys. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Cary Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/30/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u0000002069937. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

great round

the weather was perfect, round took less than 4 hrs and conditions were great!

Commented on 09/30/2020

RGD8B24624ED6A1CF2DE, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cary Country Club.

Fun Course

Lots of hills , beautiful settings, great fun course,

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for your review, u5473330. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Cary Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/22/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, kk0428kim. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Cary Country Club!

Great golf course

I like the tee boxes that sit up above the greens. This course definitely is great even for beginners like me.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u1468047855. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Cary Country Club.

Great Open and Clean Course

Played a solo lunch round today and the course is in good shape, especially the greens and fairway. Some muddy parts in the trees and cart path but we have had a ton of rain and there were no swamps, just mud. Staff was extremely friendly and they did not force me to pair or wait. The course is very hilly which added to the challenge since fairways are fairly straight and open on the front 9, definitely added to my distance on the downhill par 5. Par 3 were challenging and continue to be my nemesis. Overall I would highly recommend the course, clubhouse is nice and staff was very friendly today.

Liked - incorporated hills into the overall challenge, well placed green bunkers. Open, lost zero balls and limited fairway bunkers. Pace of play was about right, but the tees can get backed up on the par 3.
Could use improvement - Rough had a lot of missing grass and muddy. Cart path doubles back on itself in a few parts.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Your feedback is important to us, JDSPRING. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Cary Country Club.

Commented on 09/17/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314160789774. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

No structure or management

I used to live playing this course but over the past couple years the course has really gone downhill. There was a LOT of standing water and no aeration. The pace of play was absolutely pathetic, with younger players driving around, taking selfies, horsing around, only to take 10 minutes to hit from the tee. There was a ranger out but nothing was enforced. Only saw the beverage cart one time, and we had a tee time at 1:37pm. I am really disappointed in the management and really have no desire to come back.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hi, u000007375526! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will pass this along to our staff and we hope to see you back at Cary Country Club!

Cary Country Club is a very enjoyable golf course

I have been playing Cary Country Club for the past 30+ years and I still find it very challenging and enjoyable. The greens are normally fast and not easy to read, the fairways are more narrow than wide and the distance from tee to green is perfect. I really love this course, the friendly staff, knowledgeable and very friendly people in the pro shop, very friendly staff in bar, good selection of beer and alcohol and excellent food.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi u314159986977. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (847) 639-3161 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Cary Country Club!

Fun, challenging course.

Holy hills! This is a challenging course for those who don’t hit the balls straight. It’s tucked away & has a lot of charm. Pace of play was slow but we also played at 8:30am on Labor Day so that’s to be expected. I’ll be back with hopes of improving my score.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Thank you for your review, jayhills. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Cary Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully the pace and your score will be better!

Chicago Advisor

Cary Country Club - Northwest Chicago Burb Hidden Gem w/ Good Greens & Unique Topography

The Good: Cary Country Club in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago doesn't look like much of a course when you pull into the parking lot, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the design, interesting topography and course conditions playing the front nine. A Par-37, the front has three visually interesting Par-5's and several drivable, "go-for-broke" Par-4's that make for a fun track. The greens, in particular, are in really good shape and are extremely slick. Decent clubhouse with full restaurant upstairs above the pro shop. At just around $50 w/ cart during peak season, one of the better values in McHenry county.

The Bad: Most of the fairways are in pretty good shape, but there were several "ground under repair" areas on the front nine that took away from the experience. No driving range or short game practice area. A fairly walkable for those in prime shape, can be a difficult trek for seniors considering the elevation changes.

The Verdict: Cary Country Club is a good public option in McHenry county, especially if you want to avoid the higher price tag of some of the upscale facilities. What is sorely lacks in amenities it makes up in character and good greens.

Best Hole: The Par-5 7th is one of the better holes I've played in the northwest burbs. A downhill drive must navigate fescue native areas that beautifully carve the hole. Uphill approach to a demanding green.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hi, BryanTweed16. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Cary Country Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/08/2020

gomf23, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (847) 639-3161. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Too Many "Try Hards" Ruined The Experience

this is by far a professional PGA course, and yet casual players are rushed through and the purpose of the day gets ruined. I am not the best golfer in the world by any stretch of the means, but if I'm playing, and "keeping pace", then no one should be catching up to me to the point I almost get hit by a ball. my friend and I were paired up with 2 others, and the group behind was just 2 players. naturally the 2some would be much quicker, yet we were told that we were not "keeping pace". we were rushed to the point that the father son pair we got put with decided to not play the back 9. I say max time to complete 18 holes for 4 players is 3hrs 30 min.
we teed off at 11:45 am and were on the 8th hole by 1pm when we were told to go faster...will not be returning.

course was o.k. fairways are so so, greens are very slanted and hard to put but in good shape.i could never walk this course very very hilly i think its a very old layout. lots of uneven lies.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hello, cbrunke. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Cary Country Club!

Commented on 09/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Cary Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Cary, Illinois