Fox Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Gary Kern (1992) Ron Kern (1992)

Dress code Collared shirts no cut off shorts.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Plays Long 14

Tried again... still a NO

This course had destroyed fairways a few years ago and have been rebuilding since. I decided to give it another shot b/c I was golfing with a friend who never wants to pay more than about $30 for a round. Upon arriving there was no starter, and we were not paired. A dad and 7 year old son played in front of us, and 2 woman in front of them, and another boyfriend and girlfriend in front of them as the boyfriend gave "golf lessons" on the course. The greens are actually solid throughout but the fairways are VERY spotty. The course doesn't drain, so if it's been wet it will be swampy on a number of holes with slope that flows to the middle of the fairway. They need to cut back probably 50-100 trees on the course, and rather than moving limbs and debris they simply move them into piles ALL OVER THE COURSE, which makes the course look overgrown and a bit junky. The course is full of weekend hackers and folks trying to learn the game, that won't allow you to play through and don't understand pretty basic golf etiquette. If you're just learning the game, or don't play and just want to get drunk and hack it around, then the course is just fine. The beverage person inside the clubhouse told us about her massive headcold and how she's been sick for a week as she filled out water, this is during a pandemic, mind you. If you're someone who wants to improve your game, and play with good pace and conditions, do not go to this course. Spend up, go to a course with better pace of play and conditions. It's frustrating to sit around and wait for bad golfers to hit 9 shots on a par 4, if that kind of golf bothers you, don't come to this course. The Layout is solid and the greens are above average that keeps me from giving the course 1 star.

Commented on 10/25/2021

Hello, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Commented on 10/13/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Fox Creek Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Fox Creek

very challenging course. Grass little bit too high around greens and some of the greens were rough and had bad spots. Good course for accuracy otherwise have lots of balls.

Overpriced

Fox creek charges more than a course like it should. The fairways and greens are okay. Greens are a little shaggy and fairways have plenty of rough spots. If you can get this course at a cheaper price then it wouldn’t be bad to play.

Make sure to bring bug spray in the summer. The mosquitos are miserable.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Fox Creek Golf Club!

Fox Creek

Hadn’t played the course in quite a few years so was excited to get to play it. Got a chance to catch up with the owner Pat, great guy and great conversation. Course played and looked great!! First real playable bunkers I’ve played this season. Will return real soon!!

Course was in better shape than I’ve seen it in years

Sweat bees GALORE

Course was solid. Fairways and greens are better than years past. But there’s a definite bug problem. I have the mental fortitude to block them out. But others in my party whined and moaned the ENTIRE 18 and claim it effected their play. Definitely a nuisance though.

Commented on 08/11/2021

Birthday outing

Was a good day my sons took me out to play golf on my birthday. We had a great time lots of laughs the course was good. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Could be more

Overall good condition. Some holes need redesign or just some tree removal. Hole 10 is a joke, nowhere to land a tee shot and have a 2nd shot. The kids working there need manner lessons to learn how to communicate with adults, maybe it's a generational problem. No mumbling and staring at the ground. Drove a long way to play from Stl, not good enough to bring me back for awhile

Commented on 07/09/2021

Hi Tony,

We work hard to create an enjoyable experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course.

We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game.

Thank you for visiting and playing at Fox Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Solid coarse

Management is picking up the pace on getting the coarse in tip top shape

Challenging

Course is great. A little muddy because of the 5+ inches of rain. Grass is cut to proper heights.

Fox Creek is back! Haven’t played in two years because of the woeful shape it was in, it’s gotten markedly better! The only negative is with all of our dry weather, the tee boxes either need water, or leave a hammer and a nail at each tee to make a hole for your tee!! Otherwise, keep up the great work staff, your hard work shows!!

Fox Creek

This is a tough course for seniors citizens but we enjoyed the layout and pace of play.

Good Overall

Overall this is a solid course to play. I would consider it a fairly challenging course as well with some long, narrow holes as well as plenty of shots with water and OB in play. I know it’s been dry lately but the tee box’s and some fairways are in desperate need of attention. You can hit off carpet or take 2 steps to the right and hit off concrete so just a lot of inconsistencies in tee box/fairway quality. I think based on that the weekend value of $42 isn’t quite there. I would say it’s a $30-$32 course at best. If conditions improve I could see $42 being a good value but definitely not with current conditions. Still fun and good challenge!

Great course!

Recently played a large tournament at the course. It was in great shape, the pace moved well, and the staff was excellent. Definitely will be back!

Wood River, Illinois
Granite City, Illinois
Granite City, Illinois
3.7412058824
LAKE OZARK, MO | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge of Four Seasons and 2 rounds of golf at The Cove and The Ridge at The Lodge of Four Seasons.
BRANSON, MO | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at choice between two Hilton hotels, 2 rounds of golf at Big Cedar Lodge, and 1 round of golf at Branson Hills.