Woodlands Golf Club, which sits only 30 minutes from St. Louis, is known for having some of the area's best greens. The putting surfaces roll true and hold well on the approach. This public course has garnered a local following thanks to not only its green conditions but also the affordable rates. With a diverse landscape and unique hole designs, it's definitely a shot-maker's layout. You'll probably use every club in your bag on this golf course. A long creek winds across the entire layout, coming into play on a few holes. There are also strategically placed bunkers that lurk along the greensides. Although Woodlands Golf Club is relatively short at just over 6,400 yards from the back tees, it feels much longer thanks to a variety of elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic.

Woodlands Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Bent

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Great Employees

This an overall good course. Some very fun wholes. Good pace. Could have a little better conditions but was overall not bad. What stood out was how friendly staff was. Would definitely recommend this and not for too bad of a price.

Slow Mo

The pluses: playing golf in shirtsleeves in December, the course is in good shape for this time of year. The only minus: every bumpkin and their cousin came out to try their hand at golf for the first time in their lives! Walked off after 13 holes in 3 hrs. Hole 14 had a single waiting on the white tees, two women on the ladies tees, and a foursome 150 yds off the tee box! Enough was enough! Guess I’m hoping for 40 degree weather to weed out the riff-raff!

Commented on 12/11/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and use your comments as guidance. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our team in the pro shop. Thank you for playing The Woodlands Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 12/08/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see that you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Woodlands Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Woodlands Golf Club.

What if

I played Woodlands this morning as well as about 2 months ago. It was the only two times I played here this year, which got me to my approximate average number of rounds I play here each year. That might not seem like a big deal, but I play 40+ rounds a year and until a month ago I lived about 1,000 yards from the course the past 20 years. I’ve always loved Woodlands’ layout because of the incredible variety of holes. Even though the tips are only 6400 yards, you can end up using every club in your bag because you can’t always hit driver.

That being said, the feeling I always have when I play here is “what if?”. It feels like Woodlands could go from being a decent place to play to a great golf experience with the following changes:

1) Better playing conditions - It doesn’t have to be perfect, but the upkeep could be much better and in particular the greens used to be significantly better. Also, a well landscaped clubhouse would help highlight the nicest one by far in the area.

2) Find a way to integrate a practice area. Other than Cloverleaf, Woodlands is the only 18 hole area golf course without a driving range. Having a driving range/practice area not only allows people to warm up, but also gets more people “hanging around” the golf course Including young players and people new to the game.

Meh...

Staff in the clubhouse weren’t friendly, or unfriendly. Conditions of greens, fairways, and tee boxes were great! But that’s about where the greatness ends.

To begin with, we had to go in a quest just to find the first tee box. Come to find out by a kind gentleman added to our three sense, the course layout has been changed multiple time in the past Four or five years. As a result my GPS didn’t work.There was a fix, but it wasn’t made obvious by staff.

The course in its current layout works back and forth on itself, and cross-crosses itself such that on some occasions, golfers don’t know to which greens they should hit, resulting people surviving near misses with flying golf balls.

We were also backed up all day, I’m sure partly because it was Labor Day weekend, but there was no starter, and we saw one Marshall all day on 18. There was a group of six, in front of a group of two, in front of us. Not sure how that was allowed.

All in all, the course has potential. But much needs to be fixed for a better experience. Good signage, more informative staff, and at least a starter would be excellent additions.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please know that we have projects underway to recover the course conditions and hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing The Woodlands Golf Club.

Good day ruined by disrespectful golfers

Great day to play golf, booked tee time on golf now, to play with my daughter and I. It appeared empty but wasn’t. Things started off ok till young couple in front us were more concerned about their love life than playing golf. Spending 15-20 looking for balls or whatever they were doing in the woods and out of bounds areas. Majority of the holes they were synchronized hitting in the fairway. Not joking they would line up, next to each other and swing and hit at the same time. Speechless! On one hole we thought they had finished and even drove up to make sure they were not on green. We hit and drove to our ball to find out they were down in a creek bed. They either took or threw our ball out of anger. We couldn’t find it and we hit on the fairway. We apologized for hitting into them but it didn’t matter the players anger had taken over. We finally were able to pass them but the damage had been done. We weren’t able to move much as many groups were backed up to slow/poor play. Golfers need to realize spending 10 plus minutes looking for your ball is not how to do things. We had to leave after 10 holes as we were approaching over 3 hours for 9 hole round. The group (4 some) in front of us was hitting their 3 rd shot from the women’s tees when we tried to pass but then realized were just not meant to play today. This course needs a Marshall or two on the course to make sure pace of okay and groups like this are not slowing things down. Shame because we both were playing very well and it was a nice course. They need to address the pace of play Issues especially on a holiday weekend. Shame I really liked things. I know it’s only one round so I would give it another chance but today was one of the worst displays of poor golf Etiquette I have seen in a long long time .

Anonymous

Entangled

Course was in good shape. The layout not so much. They reversed the course making some hole identifying questionable. Overall a nice course for the $. Will play again.

Course has some rough areas but overall a great value for the price

My son and I played and enjoy the course and the friendly staff. Will do it again. Thanks

good value, fun course

some difficult holes with severe elevation changes, greens were rolling nicely.

Great layout

Course was in good shape considering all the rain recently and the greens were very good...

Godfrey, Illinois