The Fort Golf Resort

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1998) Tim Liddy (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Shirts must have collars. Tank tops, t-shirts, cut-offs, and athletic shorts are not permitted.

Lodging

Lodging Available

Beautiful Fall Day On The Course

Had a great time golfing The Fort golf course today for the first time. The beautiful fall leaves and deer were a bonus to this hilly, well maintained golf course. If you hit them straight you can score well. If not, you have a lot of trees and ravines to find your ball in.
Would love to play this course again sometime.

Great course, unfriendly staff

Been playing here for years. One of Indy’s best courses, so I’ll continue to play… but the staff has always been very unfriendly and condescending for no reason.

Commented on 10/25/2021

Hello, u343036541. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at The Fort Golf Resort. We will pass your review along to our team.

Commented on 10/20/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ACB66! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort!

Great course; despite green aeration

The best course in the Indianapolis area. A gem! Green Aeration was the only negative. Rain showers at the end of the fron nine. Had to wait about 30 minutes for it to pass over.

Commented on 10/20/2021

Thanks so much for the great review, sjgolf12. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Hello, u314162264224. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Fort Golf Resort. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 10/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jglumpjr! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort!

Commented on 10/04/2021

Hello u000004366729,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 09/21/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, wildertow! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort!

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hi, RGB1ADB25441D397E078. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Fort Golf Resort!

Great Day at The Fort

One of the top courses in Indiana, great design by Pete Dye, course was in great shape! Only wish play was a bit quicker, always spend 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours to get in 18, even during week days. Would recommend to anyone to give this course a try.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Hi, u314159348698. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at The Fort Golf Resort, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible and always trying to improve!

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort!

Indy Golf Trip #3

I played The Fort with two other friends on 09/02/21. Another cool Pete Dye designed course. This is a parkland golf course with some holes that need to be played strategically (#2 & #10). The first time I played it, was almost five years ago to the day. I’m very happy to say that the conditions are still in excellent shape. The greens rolled nice and smooth. The course was in excellent shape from tee to green. The rough was not too high where you could not find you ball. Overall, the course is very fair. The fairways are wide enough where you can be off line with your tee shot and still be in play. I read some previous reviews about the staff being rude and unprofessional, but I can honestly say on the day we were there, the staff was extremely nice and professional. I would definitely play there again, for a third time.

Commented on 09/15/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Fort Golf Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Fort Golf Resort.

Commented on 08/20/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Fort Golf Resort!

Beautiful Layout, Great Challenge

The Fort golf course is a beautiful course, with many scenic holes - it's literally picture-perfect. It's also a wonderful challenge, with blind t-shots, blind second shots, and some significant carries required. The course is in very good shape, the fairways and greens were well kept, though the bunkers could use some TLC; COVID-times being what they are, it's of little consequence, and did not significantly impact our round. The facilities are great, the staff very friendly and helpful; the Starter, Ivan, was very cordial and shared a lot of details to make our day a great one - and it was!

Tired greens

Course was in great shape except for the greens. They were in rough shape. No consistency.

Commented on 08/03/2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

The Fort is well guarded

This was my third time playing The Fort and I must say the conditions were not as good as I remember. The bunkers were very sub-par and the greens were surprisingly slower than what I expected. But for the most part the course played nice. Could have used a breeze to combat the sweltering hot conditions that made the day miserable. I couldn't wait for the round to be over. I did however birdie two of the final three holes and three putted #17 from 85 feet. So I left on some good vibes.

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at The Fort Golf Resort. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Another great round at The Fort

$85 for 18 w cart, but with it. Played in 4 hr 10 min at a good pace. One green had aeration, but other than that course was great condition even with all the recent rain. Great Sunday morning round.

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Fort Golf Resort thanks you!

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Fishers, Indiana
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.