Bay Hills Golf Club MD

Fairways Zoysia Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1969)

Depressing Management and conditions

I lived near this golf course for about 20 years. It used to be a really nice place. I’m not sure what is going on with current maintenance and management, but the course is an absolutely pathetic, embarrassing shape. I understand this December, but I play a lot of courses to compare to locally and this course is easily the worst course in the area. From the clubhouse, to the amenities, to the course itself. I’m not sure what is going on but it is really sad to see this course wither away to the sad state it’s in now.

I really wish another management company would come in and try and save this course.

Commented on 12/06/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Bay hills

It’s okay. Short course that’s not in great condition. Some fun holes but a lot of repetition.

Commented on 11/30/2021

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Bay Hills Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Terrible staff

The staff were mean and very pushy, they also put way too many people out at one time so the rate of play is slow. Took almost 5.5 hrs to play 18. Staff was constantly in a very crabby way trying to push people along to play then the course was just backed up. Would not recommend. Only good thing to say is it was in good condition for the time of year.

Commented on 11/15/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

After torrential downpours course was outstanding

I played this course for the first time and as luck would have it we pretty much had the entire course to ourselves. The only drawback was a constant drizzle and temps hovering in the upper 40s. I was shocked that the course played as firm as it did. After playing other courses in the area that have serious drainage issues this course did not disappoint. We breezed through the front nine and enjoyed the wide open fairways that were very forgiving. The back nine proved to be a lot more challenging with water obstacles, tight fairways and tricky greens. What a amazingly fun time! A challenge yet not overwhelmingly hard course this had something around each corner that allowed you to use every shot in your bag and some you had to make up on the fly. My personal favorite was a shot hit from the rough between a row of about 20 trees that left about a 6 foot clearance between them. Sure enough the ball shot thru that with ease and landed just shy of the pin. You will not be disappointed with the layout, the friendly staff and the amazing conditions after a particularly rainy month. Just make sure to save some juice for hole 18. What a fun way to end the round. Enjoy and thank me later!

Nice layout

Demanding layout. Huge trees tighten up driving areas .. Greens are well trapped and contoured. Firm, fast greens make recovery shots difficult to keep close to hole. Zoysia fairways mostly well grassed, although this time of year the grass is going dormant. There are some drainage washout areas on a few fairways that need attention. Paved cart paths are Baja like, really need repaving immediately. Geese dominated two holes, with the usual downside- putting around plentiful excrement. . I will play again next year after Zoysia is green again.

Commented on 10/04/2021

Love the course! I’ve been playing the course for several years. They take good care of the maintenance year after year!

Commented on 10/05/2021

We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bay Hills Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great Golf Course!

Bay Hills is a very nice golf course. I highly recommend. The course has some challenging holes but is fair.

Wet Day, the fairways are in great shape

It rained overnight and before I arrived so the course was very wet. The grounds crew is doing a great job as the fairways are in great shape. A few of the greens on the front have been recently aerated and sanded, so that wasn’t ideal, but I get that it’s all part of the maintenance process.
I played from the white tees because I was paired with a couple of people who prefer those tees. For me, this is a course that should be played from the gold tees or even further back.
I enjoy this course and everyone is very friendly. I didn’t take advantage of the off-course amenities.

Commented on 08/27/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Bay Hills Golf Club.

Just course is fine

You should pay for the tax when you check in.
No driving range but there is just small greens to practice putting.
Carts are old and their parking breaks are having some problems. It is sliding down on a ramp.

Commented on 09/02/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Bay Hills

Great course and great staff. Good restaurant.
Only issue is no driving range. The greens were slower than the putting green.

I’ll be back!!!!