St. Anne Country Club

Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Joe Nipolitan

Clubs No

Fun on a winter day!

Good value at $30 for winter golf. Let you take carts on the course. Being winter the grass isn't growing but course still in good shape although not like summer. Never my favorite track but this time of year I'm glad it's open. Certainly beats sitting around the house! Hopefully we get a few more nice weather days to get out!

St Annes is a great course, love playing here. The Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Course is tough but fair.
It’s in excellent shape especially the greens . Restaurant bar is top notch also. I try to play here as much as I can. I drove 2.5 hrs to play

Commented on 11/10/2021

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at St. Anne Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Unusual Payment Method

Do not like that you have to pay for two when you reserve your tee time for yourself .

The Greens Were Great!

Good Morning!
First offf let me say the young lady working in the pro shop was so pleasant and with a great smile. It took me less than one minute to receice me cart key and was told to have a geat morning. With all the rain we have received throughout the year, this course was great. A few tee boxes were in need of work, but they were roped off. Overall my wife and I had a geat time. The fairways looked great but the grass length was a bit high. It was difficult to find your ball in the fairways.

Commented on 09/02/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

On course golf etiquette

I've played St. Anne's on and off for 27 years . I play to a 13 handicap and always consider on course players to subscribe to the unwritten rules of golf behavior . While following a slow twosome , i met them on #3 . The male player was blaring Aerosmith from some device within his cart . Immediately i skipped over to #5 , and played it w/ an approach shot ,2putted and moved along to #6 . Having parred out at #9 i looked at #10 tee box to see 2- 4somes waiting . Ah man , the back 9 appeared to be a " slog " . Normally i would have left but i decided to skip ahead to #11 where i met a very polite 26 yr old named Mike . He invited me to finish the back 9 . #14 is a short par 4 so an attentive golfer waits for the green to clear .While stepping onto the tee box the female 4some behind us pushed at me while saying i should have hit while players were exiting the green . The women were very rude , bullying and so unattentive to the rule of "course courtesy " that i mentioned i'd certainly never play with the likes of them anywhere , let alone a private track where they'd be black balled for their behavior ! After they hit into us on #18 , i turned to them and loudly said to leave us alone and play the game with decent behavior . I will not return to St. Anne's until players like those women are sequestered to a block of tee times affecting no one who wants to truly enjoy a round of the ancient game .

Commented on 09/02/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at St. Anne Country Club!

Not the course I used to play.

Tee boxes in poor condition. A lot of fairways with large area without grass. Greens were in good condition.

Friendly staff. Pace of play was good.

They are working on the course putting in new cart paths. Lot of washed out areas on old cart paths making it very bumpy in a cart. Hopefully, they will redo all the cart paths.

Really enjoyed this course in the past.

Commented on 08/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting St. Anne Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Some holes are gorgeous. Other holes are a mess. Beautiful greens, fairways okay, rough is rough.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hello, {thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing St. Anne Country Club.

Don't Play Here

Extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism and consideration management has for their PAYING MEMBERS.
As a first time member of the course I qualified for the top 16 club championship match play event. We were given a week and a half to schedule an 18 hole match with our opponent. My opponent (family member of the course owners) texted me to say we were playing July 3rd at 9:15am a few days prior. On the day of at 8:37am my opponent texted me again and said “Hey Jeff we’re going to end up cancelling today, the other 2 guys we were going to play with (owner Tom, family member) think the conditions are terrible. Just letting you know”. I understood the call, as it had been raining for a full week straight. We tried to schedule another time to play but my opponent mentioned he was on vacation from July 4-10th. With the deadline for our match being July 11th this did not leave us much time. The weekend of July 10-11 I had family obligations planned months in advance. This left us no time to play our match. I tried to reason with my opponent, texting him almost daily trying to figure out a time to play. between his vacation and my family obligations our options were limited. On Sunday July 11th I called the course and spoke with the owner, Tom. Tom clearly already knew of my situation, being a family member of my opponent. So when I tried to explain the situation to him he was less than receptive. He told me that he knew I was supposed to play with him and my opponent on July 3rd, even though my opponent specifically told me our match was cancelled but since I did not show up to the course that day it was my fault that we didn’t fit our match in. I told him I had text messages proving my opponent told me not to show up. I tried to explain to him that my match was only against my opponent, and not him. My opponent specifically told me not to come to the course because the course was in such bad of shape from the rain but Tom didn’t care and called me a liar. Tom said that he played his match that day with his opponent, and my opponent as well! I was never told this! I then explained my opponent was on vacation from 7/4-7/10, which Tom replied “ no, he came back friday, not saturday”, you could have played.
Further proving that my opponent and the owner clearly knew something I didn’t know. Since I was away during the deadline and my opponent was away for 6 days I asked Tom what happens next? Do we both forfeit? I even suggested we simply schedule the match for monday Jul12th to get it played and done fairly. I had already booked a 3pm tee time just in case. Tom would not budge on the deadline and stated that since I was the lower seed against my opponent that I automatically forfeit and my opponent moves on. By this logic, the 1st and 2nd seed of the top 16 can simply make excuses for weeks and not play their matches and move on by default. How is that fair? Would these rules apply if my opponent, the family member of the course owner was in my shoes? would he automatically forfeit?
In the end I didn’t have a leg to stand on, as all parties involved were against me.
Moral of the story is, If you aren’t part of the “good ol boy’s club” here, you’re just a $ sign.
Hopefully somebody reads this and understands my frustration and concern for this type of behavior.

Francointhehouse
Commented on 08/04/2021

I am glad you spoke up. Clearly you had a disadvantage by not being a "Family Member" You should have been allowed to play on the 12th. It's not fair, and knowing this I will not be patronizing this course. I stand behind good morals and clearly they are lacking a few!!!!!!!!

Commented on 07/29/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Feeding Hills, Massachusetts