St. Anne Country Club

Year Built 1963
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Joe Nipolitan

Clubs No

Some holes are gorgeous. Other holes are a mess. Beautiful greens, fairways okay, rough is rough.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hello, {thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing St. Anne Country Club.

Don't Play Here

Extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism and consideration management has for their PAYING MEMBERS.
As a first time member of the course I qualified for the top 16 club championship match play event. We were given a week and a half to schedule an 18 hole match with our opponent. My opponent (family member of the course owners) texted me to say we were playing July 3rd at 9:15am a few days prior. On the day of at 8:37am my opponent texted me again and said “Hey Jeff we’re going to end up cancelling today, the other 2 guys we were going to play with (owner Tom, family member) think the conditions are terrible. Just letting you know”. I understood the call, as it had been raining for a full week straight. We tried to schedule another time to play but my opponent mentioned he was on vacation from July 4-10th. With the deadline for our match being July 11th this did not leave us much time. The weekend of July 10-11 I had family obligations planned months in advance. This left us no time to play our match. I tried to reason with my opponent, texting him almost daily trying to figure out a time to play. between his vacation and my family obligations our options were limited. On Sunday July 11th I called the course and spoke with the owner, Tom. Tom clearly already knew of my situation, being a family member of my opponent. So when I tried to explain the situation to him he was less than receptive. He told me that he knew I was supposed to play with him and my opponent on July 3rd, even though my opponent specifically told me our match was cancelled but since I did not show up to the course that day it was my fault that we didn’t fit our match in. I told him I had text messages proving my opponent told me not to show up. I tried to explain to him that my match was only against my opponent, and not him. My opponent specifically told me not to come to the course because the course was in such bad of shape from the rain but Tom didn’t care and called me a liar. Tom said that he played his match that day with his opponent, and my opponent as well! I was never told this! I then explained my opponent was on vacation from 7/4-7/10, which Tom replied “ no, he came back friday, not saturday”, you could have played.
Further proving that my opponent and the owner clearly knew something I didn’t know. Since I was away during the deadline and my opponent was away for 6 days I asked Tom what happens next? Do we both forfeit? I even suggested we simply schedule the match for monday Jul12th to get it played and done fairly. I had already booked a 3pm tee time just in case. Tom would not budge on the deadline and stated that since I was the lower seed against my opponent that I automatically forfeit and my opponent moves on. By this logic, the 1st and 2nd seed of the top 16 can simply make excuses for weeks and not play their matches and move on by default. How is that fair? Would these rules apply if my opponent, the family member of the course owner was in my shoes? would he automatically forfeit?
In the end I didn’t have a leg to stand on, as all parties involved were against me.
Moral of the story is, If you aren’t part of the “good ol boy’s club” here, you’re just a $ sign.
Hopefully somebody reads this and understands my frustration and concern for this type of behavior.

Commented on 07/29/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Our new favorite course

We drive from CT to play here. We love the course. Golf Now has good deals for us to take advantage of. Only con of the course are the cart paths. Very bumpy with lots of holes. So try and avoid them and enjoy your round !!

Wet Timed

Played on course after 3 days of rain. Condition as to be expected. Only ones there so played at our own pace.

An old favorite

I play St. Annes several times a year close to my residence. I enjoy the course it was in good shape. The greens were the best I’ve seen in awhile

cart was in bad shape, fairway grass was way to high, lack of mowing

Commented on 07/12/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting St. Anne Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Very nice course and starting to get better!

My son and I played, we loved it, The greens were in good shape, the fairways were cut nice. We will return again in a mounth or so.
Joe B Sr and Joe B Jr

Awesome time

Great day out on the course, everyone was super nice. I’m a new golfer and this was one of my best golf days!

Course was very very wet. Alot of blind shots into to greens. It is not a 4.2 rating.

Commented on 07/17/2021

Sounds about right. Course is completely under water as of 7/17/21

Commented on 05/27/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing St. Anne Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/10/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing St. Anne Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

First out

St Anne’s played well considering the early spring conditions. The people were friendly, the pace good and the course challenged us. Overall a very good outing that will get better as nature greens the fairways and Covid restrictions are lifted. Excellent value.

Feeding Hills, Massachusetts