Florissant Golf Club

Year Built 1963
Fairways Zoysia grass
Greens Zoysia grass

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Florissant Golf Club!

Heck of a workout!

I walked Florissant Golf Club ... and now my butt is on fire! But I love it. Course is almost as challenging as the walk, and the hills make it extra tough (blind shots, elevation changes, etc.) Staff was EXCELLENT and even in the winter, course and greens were in great shape. For only $15 walking, you won't find a better deal.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Florissant Golf Club.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Florissant Golf Club.

Tight Lies

Because of the time of year and the dormant grass here, there is hardly any grass in the fairways. The greens were in good shape.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Florissant Golf Club.

Commented on 12/14/2020

Commented on 12/14/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Florissant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 12/07/2020

For the Price? One of the best in StL

As the title suggests, this course is worth the trip out. For late November and a couple of days of rain before, the course looked and played overall great. The greens were still immaculate for this time of year and rolled as true as some of the better courses in St. Louis. Honestly can’t wait to come back in season

Commented on 11/30/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Florissant Golf Club!

Commented on 11/30/2020

I guess

Id say I'd play this course again.

the greens were kept but the fairways dry as a bone. A bit hilly but I enjoyed it in a cart. Walking would be tough.

NOTE: I asked my phone to give directions and it did not take me to the course!!!!

Commented on 10/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Florissant Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Commented on 10/13/2020

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hidden gem

This course is worth the drive to Florissant. Great staff, always in a good mood and willing to help new players find their way around. Consistently have the truest rolling greens of any public course in the area. Few courses in St Louis have the undulation that this course features. Blind tee shots, blind approaches. But going downhill you get the advantage from elevated tees and downhill approaches. 18 is a great finishing hole with a nice clubhouse deck overlooking the fairway. Awesome place to finish the round with a cold drink. And with their rates; it’s a no-brained to give it a shot.

Commented on 10/23/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Florissant Golf Club.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Flo

Lots of blind drives and very narrow. So if you like that then this is the course for you

Commented on 09/11/2020

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Florissant

Course was in good condition. The rough was very thick in parts. I like this course and the current staff is doing a very good job.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Great Course... poor staff

This was my first time playing this course. Overall, I was impressed with the course condition. Greens were in good shape with the exception of the person making spike marks all over. The greens rolled smoothly and had a little character to them.

It is important to point out there was no driving range to warm up but they did have a net you could hit into.

The course has a lot of blind shots. But a quick run up to scout out ensures you don’t hit into anyone. This is where I had an issue though because I played as a single. I was told that I could go out a bit early. However there was a foursome in front of me that I did not know was out there because hole one has a blind tee shot. I hit into them without knowing it because the desk clerk told me nobody was in front of me.

Over the course of the day I ended up playing through six other groups. No issues as most were accommodating and I even played a few holes with two others. However it took me 60 minutes to play my last four holes. Here’s why....

1 threesome had a beginner playing from his buddies bag. No issues with a beginner learning the game but play from the front tees not the tips like your buddies. 1 foursome of 1 twosome didn’t let me play through even though it was obvious I was a single.

My other issue was that the cart’s brakes didn’t work very well and they had a serious potential for an accident. When I brought this up to the staff, I didn’t get the feeling they really cared.

Overall, nice track and I would play again but I would never play here again as a single. Nice mid-west tree lined muny. For the money not bad.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit here overall. Your feedback is valuable, we will make note and we look forward to having you back in the future. Florissant Golf Club thanks you!

Much improved course

In the last 14 months this course has improved greatly and the upkeep and daily work done to it.

This is a fun course a great value for the money.

I look forward to playing more in 2021.

Bridgeton, Missouri