Blue Mountain Golf Club

Year Built 1966

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

tee Time

Had a 7:20 tee time all went well they were cutting the grass when I was golfing but they were kind enough to stop to I could play through . Very courteous I intend to play again soon

Maiden voyage on Blue Mountain

After gps took me to a baseball field I finally got to the course.. Lady in the pro shop was very nice and got me on the course quickly and with no hassle. Was very surprised how good the condition of course was. And equally surprised how slower groups let me play through. Layout was fairly easy but pin placement made several greens tough. Very happy with course. Would definitely play again if ever in the area again (only in area for the weekend).
Only downside was the lady in clubhouse seemed to be on her own and was lining up golf carts plus trying to run pro shop. I was waiting to make a purchase before I left and got tired of waiting and left. Give her some help, please!

Nice course for the price

Great course for the price.

Greens are extremely difficult. Lots of sloping putts. Need to play it more than once. But for the price, we will.

Blue mountain

The course was in phenomenal shape. It’s a beautiful course. The only minus was that there aren’t enough yardage markers. Hard sometimes the get distance

Great bang for the buck.

Super friendly staff, pleasant patrons, and great rates for golf, food, and beverages.

Good course!!

Very good course, just some clean up and grounds care. Other than that, good layout, and good pace of play!

Way too fast greens

My daughter and I played this course on 11/21. We enjoyed the layout of the course. The course had a good mixture of dogleg, elevation changes and water hazard holes. However the greens were a different story. Every pin was tucked in a corner. In addition several times we had putts that rolled off the green due to the slope. Still had fun. Just wished the greens were a little more forgiving.

Commented on 11/25/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit with us. Your feedback about the greens is very important to us. Please know that we are currently working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Blue Mountain View Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Philly Advisor

Mixed Review - good value

This won't be a straight forward review to bear with me.

The price was pretty low for a Sunday afternoon. Can't imagine it getting much cheaper. Course is not long, so you get to play the blue's <wink wink>. I saw the scorecard listed the front tees as "Ladies" which is over a decade old. they should change that to forward tees. I know women who would find the blue's here short. Women are the fastest growing part of the sport now.

Greens were fast and consistent. Consistency is important and I found them a good challenge. I had to consider where I put my approach shots or chips if you wanted to avoid 3 putts.

The rough was long at some spots. I saw other reviewers complain about it, but the fairways are wide, trees weren't usually a consideration, so for me, I liked the challenge of the short game and putting. It compensated for the easy fairways. if you want a totally easy course without ANY challenge .... ??

Tee boxes were ok, traps seemed ok but I didn't get in any and honestly forgot to check them. Water in play on a few holes, including dry or near dry streams, but read your GPS and lay up or crush over them. None were punitive.

Fairways would have been mowed a bit more at paces, but only once did I feel penalized by the long grass.

We didn't use the clubhouse or order food, so I can't comment there.

For the location they draw the locals well, and it's not a top course, but you aren't paying top dollar either. I believe the course fits the price and clients, and low handicappers can work on their short game.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, Steve. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Blue Mountain View Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

If you love rough...and frustration

The fairways were like the first cut of rough. The rough itself was like Oakmont during a US Open. Place looked like it hadn’t been mowed since last season. Should have been a $25 round versus the $45 I paid. I felt like I had cut my way through the Amazon with a machete for 4 hours.

Commented on 08/13/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Blue Mountain View Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Fredericksburg, Pennsylvania