Fall view of the 4th fairway and green at Paupack Hills Golf & Country Club

Paupack Hills Golf and Country Club

Year Built 1974
Architect George Fazio Tom Fazio (1974)

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Fitness

Front nine closed!

Didnt know front nine was closed till we got there. We had to play the back nine twice so I have no idea of the front nine. Would have loved to play the front. I like the 18th very drivable green. Bunkers are terrible, no sand just dirt and weeds. Nothing stood out that was great or memorable.

Nice Course in not so great shape

We had a good round and had a lot of fun, but the cost of $65 (twilight rate) for 18 was a little much for the shape of the course. Specifically it was the bunkers that were in really bad shape. For the most part, they were overgrown with weeds and had small stones and just in bad shape. The speed of play was great, we had no one behind us or in front of us and overall we enjoyed our time.

For $65 it was a little much for a course in poor shape. Also, the clubhouse had a fire earlier in the year and is not available. Also, not the courses fault (I think it was GolfNows), but we made a reservation for Friday and we could not play because there was an event happening that day on the course. GolfNow did not reach out to us and we arrived at the course and could not get out. The manager was very nice, was sorry that we could not get out and gave us the twilight cost for the weekend. That was a nice gesture and the reason we came back the next day.

I think for the shape of the course it should be more like $40-$50, rather than $70. We would play again, but would probably only look for hotdeals option.

Early season

Fairways are beautiful. Perfect to hit off of even this early. Greens are very good as well for early season and I anticipate them being excellent. They do need an aeration I believe. A little hard to hold. Bunkers still need fixing and some of the chipping areas around greens are pretty bare and hard pan. I like the progress. The layout is phenomenal. Every hole is different, interesting and challenging.

Great round in not the best weather

The course is in great shape considering recent weather. It sprinkled on and off on us for a while but it was still a great round. The staff is great, friendly,and accommodating. The amenities only suffer because of a recent fire that destroyed their wonderful clubhouse bar/restaurant. They do have plans for a temporary replacement and a rebuild.

Golf In December in Pa

Great surprise to golf on New Year’s Eve in Pa. conditions were surprisingly very good for time of year.

Tough course with a great layout

Played here in the dead of winter so conditions weren't ideal but the course was in pretty good shape overall. Greens run very true and are in good shape. Many of the bunkers were a disaster but I'm sure it was off season and they are more taken care of mid year. Tough layout with many uphill/downhill holes that turn to the left or right. Would definitely play here again if in town.

No military discount but said he would look into it , and could of done better with leafs but it was 11/18

Making good progress

I was a member here for years. The course that was always the premier NEPA layout with stunning views had fallen into disrepair. The membership dues became to high for the value offered which is saying a lot given its pedigree. Even a mediocre Paupack Hills is worth playing. The new owner and superintendent have got things moving in the right direction. The greens are excellent, smooth and true. The fairways are like hitting off a carpet. The tee-boxes are better each time I play (please level #14 one of these days). The bunkers are a mess but I am told that project begins next year and the rough around the greens is still spotty, sometimes hardpan or tufts between hardpan which can be frustrating for just a slightly errant shot. Overall, I would say the course I fell in love with and joined 20 years ago is making a comeback. Keep it up!

Beautiful course. Not 5 star review this round:(

Been playing here every other golf game this season. Been exceptional from course development to staff. Staff lacking professionalism this round, don’t feel I was charged accordingly with my group. Asked questions but didn’t get proper answer. Need some training and they’ll be fine. Only reason not going 5 star today.

Fun Course in North Central PA!!

We were in the area and played Paupack Hills. Very enjoyable course in good condition. For a hilly course, it was very straight forward and no real sneaky holes. Exception may be #10 with drivable pond in front, but I birdied it so I liked that hole. We played mid week in October, so felt like we had the course to ourselves. Would definitely play the course again if in the area.

Coming into form

I was member here for several years and left a few years back because the conditions had deteriorated. I play at least once a year to see how it’s progressing with the new owners and I am happy to report it’s coming back after a few years with the new regime. The greens are excellent and the fairways are beautiful to hit off of. Tees are mostly back to form. The bunkers must be last on the list because they are not yet up to the level of the rest of the course and pretty much unplayable in some cases. Overall it made me excited to see this gem looking a lot more like her old self.

Course was in excellent shape. Nicest greens I've played on this year. Well worth it to play this course if you're in the area.

Golf course is great. The greens are in great shape and roll true. Fairways and rough are also very well taken care of. Overall layout is a challenging but fun golf course.

Top Shelf

Great fun and challenging course. Wife and I played. Such a difference in staff from one year to the next. Very accommodating., respectful and concerned on having a good day. Hope to see the same staff next season. This course should be busier! Your not playing this course your missing out!

nice but expensive

for the area very expensive. course with the exception of the sand traps was in very good shape. paid $80 would not play again for $80. max $50. stonehedge as nice or nicer 1/2 the cost. had heavy rain past week so could be the reason sand traps were un playable/. beautiful day
and we had course to ourselves i would guess because of cost. in short very nice but too expensive

Great course!

Played at Paupack Hills many times in the past, but haven’t played there for the last 4 or 5 years. What a pleasant surprise. The layout was always awesome but the course conditions are so much better than I remember. Someone knows what they’re doing. Playing the ball down was no problem. We played the day after a big rain storm and the course was still very playable. The bunkers need some love but the rest of the course was a pleasure to play.

South Sterling, Pennsylvania
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
Skytop, Pennsylvania
Semi-Private/Resort
South Canaan, Pennsylvania
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.