Type Public/Municipal

Golf Simulator Yes

Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Very nice course. Greens were as tough as I’ve seen

Greens are EVIL!

Love playing here, but the fast greens have a lot of STEEP surfaces that will punish your score. A couple of holes have temporary MUDDY tee boxes while they improve on the regular ones and/or create new ones.
Bunkers were well kept as were the greens.
Glad to see that they have improved the lighting in the Men's room. However, I was tempted to post pictures of the deplorable condition of the bathroom walls, partitions and floors.

Tailgating.

Nothing wrong with the course, the staff and the pace. First time playing and will play it again. The staff was great, helpful and sociable. The course for the middle of November was in perfect condition, better than some courses in the summer. The only issue I had with this round was one regular player who decided it was a good idea to remind our foursome about pace of play while he was walking up to the 3rd tee box. Meanwhile his group hadn’t finished the 2nd hole. It’s people like this that ruin rounds for others. A bloated, blowhard who just want to tell people how to play, so he can feel n charge. Either a Marshall or the Head Groundskeeper was notified by this guy and he approached us on the 4th. All while staying a good distance between the groupings. Now to the Marshall’s credit he was professional and almost embarrassed he had to approach us. He saw how much space was between the groups and apologized at the turn. Class act all around by this gentleman. This employee alone has made me want to return to this course. Play the course, enjoy the layout and disregard “Biff Tannen” with his automatic cart. Pfffftttt.

Another fun round

Enjoyed the 12 holes we were able to play before it got too dark. Course in excellent shape and played with 3 other good guys.

Donald Ross Gem.

Great course with some very tricky greens. In very good condition except for the 3 or 4 tees they are rebuilding.

My home course

Always enjoy playing Jeffersonville! Short distance from my home and course is always in good or great condition. Challenging holes and always a fun day.

Pace of play

Terrible pace of play. Repeated the same hole 3 times during the round before we could even tee off for the next hole.

Great experience!

Excellent experience! Well groomed although the groundskeepers are clearly working to keep up with the use of the course. One suggestion is you have got to put maps on the hole number signs or at the very least redo your score cards. It is more than odd, infact it is incredibly annoying that there are no map layouts of the course. For a first timer, we were lost on many of the holes.

Outstanding Conditions. Awesome architecture.

I've been lucky to play about a dozen of the best public courses in the area this year so I was looking forward to playing Jeffersonville after a few people mentioned it. This course is a true gem and I would say that the combination of spectacular conditions and brilliant course design make this one of the top area-wide courses.
The greens are severely contoured and fast - a true challenge. It looks like the greens were aerated some weeks ago and the greens are about 80% - almost back to normal. This course is worth playing just for the greens. Tee boxes and fairways are in excellent condition. As soon as you step on the course you know that you're not on an average course.
For the most part the course is wide open. There is trouble, but on most holes you have to be pretty far off on your drive to be in big trouble.
This course lacks any kind of range. I don't really understand playing golf without hitting some balls...don't need a bucket but maybe ten balls, so hit some before you come if you like to hit balls.
I arrived early so ate at the snack bar which has a small outdoor area under roof close to the first starter area and putting green. Dog, soda and chips for $6 is a deal.
While I was eating and then putting on the practice green I unfortunately had to listen to an anti-vaxer employee at the starter table going on and on to some other guys...and I finally asked the guy to take his politics somewhere else. I'm guessing most of us play golf to get away from this kind of contentious argument and not to listen to a course employee broadcasting opinions to everyone within earshot. I think the guy just got caught up in the moment but it could be worth noting if management reads these reviews.
Jeffersonville is a must play.

Course is nice but the people… not so much

Everything was going well on the course and it was enjoyable and nice until on the 13th hole. After all four people in my group teed off, I saw a older man walking over towards us with a club from the 10th hole. He was sputtering and cursing at us and telling us that we were “holding the course up” and playing too slowly when we were directly behind the group in front of us and were waiting to tee off on every hole until they cleared out of the way. One of the guys in my group tried to speak with him and told him to go back and mind his own business in which the man continued to curse and approach us. He then threatened to swing the club at the guy in my group and engage to start a fight over absolutely nothing that had happened. After the altercation the guy in my group that was most involved with it left because he was clearly not going to deal with the absurdity that occurred. Following that my partner in the foursome left and then everyone else because at that point it wasn’t even enjoyable to golf there. I have never seen anything like that happen at a golf course and I am not really interested in going back because of these events.

Great Donald Ross course

A very good layout. Each hole is different and requires varied shots. putting the greens requires a lot of touch. pace of play was OK, (4 hrs and 10 min), Course conditions were very good.

Keep up the good condition.

People need to be aware that there’s no drinking water on the course not sure if it’s on the website but it’s definitely somewhere near the pro shop.

Norristown, Pennsylvania