Mill Quarter Plantation Golf Course

Year Built 1979
Architect Ed Ault (1979) Tom Clark (1979) Brian Ault (1979)

Single Allowed No

Wow.. Why did we wait 25 years?

Having moved to RVA in the 90's, we've played nearly every public and most privates nearby. Today we shot 89 & 93 from 6,943 at Mill Quarter and Loved It!

Ault/Clark Designs always created playable layouts and the land chosen for this course is some of the quietest & prettiest in Central VA.

Recent Bermuda green overseeding yields the nicest, pitchmark-free greens available. Bernard and team were very helpful and accommodating; distinguishingly so! Cheers!

Commented on 12/14/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club.

Mill Quarter is always fun to play

Greens were great. Very green, and as they should be in Nov. they were slow. Love the seclusion of MQ. Great bargain for what they offer and a pleasant drive,

Commented on 11/27/2020

Hi, Bowden. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club!

Another Great Round!

Mill Quarter is quickly becoming my favorite weekend course. Even with all the rain from the remnants of Hurricane Beta, the course was in great shape. And I’ll take a 4 1/2 hour round on a weekend anytime!

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club!

Nice course at reasonable rate.

Well maintained. Challenging for mid handicapper.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Poor condition

Overall unkept. I understand Covid, but charge less for poor overall care!

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Won't go back

Not much good to say about the place. Guy in the clubhouse was nice as well as the starter. That's where the positive ends. Tee boxes were shaggy and in bad shape. First cut of rough was far too deep, causing every group to be searching for balls on every hole. Greens were shaggy, weeds popping up and dead spots as well as very slow.(They were also very soft due to rain over the last couple weeks and had pitch marks galore) Took me 3 hours to play 11 holes. Got to the 12th and there was a group waiting on the tee box, a group in the fairway waiting and a group on the green and the marshal was nowhere to be found.. I had enough and drove back to clubhouse and was finished with my round. Was given a 9 hole rain check but not sure if I'll give it a second chance.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

First wet round

Thanks to the weather forecasters, we only played 8 or 18 holes. We did get a rain check for a round of 9 plus cart.
Course was being cut while we played, which made some holes "very" interesting along/in the rough, and around the greens - clumps of cut grass, some rough deeper than usual.
But it is the last day of the second wettest August on record, so what can you expect?
Always enjoy Mill Quarter, just not as much today.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will make sure to inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon at Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club!

ROUGH IS ROUGH

Gorgeous course, first time player and enjoyed the course. Only tisk tisk I had was that rough or fairway rough was too long. I understand in golf we are suppose to be in the fairways but is not so perfect golfers tend to have a slice or a drawl. No reason for myself to hit the ball 2 feet off the fairway and I know the area it went for me to lose my ball. The rough was TOO ROUGH. My solution would be to cut it back about an inch or two. And watch when you do you’ll find hundreds of balls. Still loved the course.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club thanks you!

New friends

Busy day on the course but that is usual on a beautiful summer day. Paired up with another duo who were a true delight. This makes golf a great experience. Course was in good shape, greens were true and some lost balls just off the fairway because of the lush grass. I really enjoy playing here and recommend this course to everyone

Commented on 08/31/2020

Solid Course - Excellent COVID Accommodation

I wanted to get in a Sunday AM round and saw Mill Quarter had some openings. I planned on walking because I wouldn’t know any of the other players in my 4some. The guy at the Pro Shop allowed me to ride solo - and waived the usual up charge. Thanks! Course was in good shape (even after all the massive rain we’ve gotten lately). Greens were true and the layout is excellent.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anonymous

A very lovely course provides just the amount of skill and difficulty for intermediate players and leaves the player with a great sense of his golfing environment.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review and rating our course. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club.

Block off half your day

Really liked the course and was in pretty good shape. However, took me 2 hours and 30 minutes to play the back 9 after getting behind a foursome and threesome. Had to wait 5-10 minutes for each shot to play. When asking the Ranger if he could speed them up or get them to let me play through he said it was my fault for coming out there as a single. Takes the fun out of it a little when it’s 95 degrees by the time you finish.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and will use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club!

Hot day

Great day of golf!! Really hot day but we love to play and we can't resist anytime we have a chance to play.
Course was in great

condition. Fairways were a little long but greens were true, not to fast and not to slow. Pace of play was perfect!!

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi, your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Mill Quarter Plantation Country Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Anonymous

Sunday Morning Play

Played early Sunday morning with lots of dew on the ground. Pace was great, 4:05 walking with 2 others in carts. We were the third group out. Tee boxes were a little rough. Longer grass, but not fully covered. Many were very uneven but you can move around and tee the ball so not too much of a problem. Fairways were in good shape for this price course. Consistent lies in most of the fairways I played. Rough was healthy, even more difficult when wet. Bunkers were not raked and hard packed. With the Covid-19 conditions these were about average. Bent grass greens were delightful. Nice surprise. They were very uniform and you got a consistent roll. Probably rolling about an 8. Really held well on your approach shots so you could go right at the flag if you wanted. Not a lot of undulation and easy to read breaks. Only other comment would be to cut a pro path from the tees to the fairway. Fairly deep and wet grass for the walkers. It would speed up the walking pace. Nice course for the price.

Commented on 07/07/2020