Year Built 1991
Architect Russell Breeden

Dress code Proper golf attire.

A great day on the course.

Hadn't played there in about a year. Always enjoy the scenery and layout. The last time I played the fairway grass was a little sparse in areas, but this time they were full and the ball played well off them . Greens in great shape but seemed a little inconsistent in speed - rolled pretty true though. Look forward to playing again soon.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Hanging Rock Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/18/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Commented on 06/01/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 5 stars! Thank you for playing Hanging Rock Golf Club.

Great shape

My first visit to the course, very good shape with very fast greens! I’ll be back!

Commented on 05/25/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Hanging Rock Golf Club.

Commented on 05/10/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Commented on 05/03/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Commented on 04/13/2021

Sandy greens

Ive played here a bunch but the greens were recently aerated an super sandy... would wait a month before playing

Commented on 04/12/2021

Illinois Advisor

Early Spring Conditions

Great layout with plenty of personality but it’s too early in the season to give to it a fair review. The fairways and tees are patchy. The greens were punched so I can’t comment on them. The pro shop is nice, the staff is nice and the carts clean. They steam them right before you get one which is really nice and I think even Dr. Fauci would play here. We’ll go back when the greens heal and the fairways fill out. It won’t be long. BTW, I made up a local rule, if you can run up #10 take off two strokes, lol. Have fun.

Commented on 04/19/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hanging Rock Golf Club.

We should have got a discount because we weren’t told the fairways were big punched holes

Big punched holes in back 9. Should have been told and a discount

Commented on 03/23/2021

Hello, We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Hanging Rock Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Average.

The greens, fairways, and rough were in good condition. Bunkers were in bad condition. The tee boxes need major work. Divots everywhere, grass was very tall. Played in a two-some and took 5 hrs to finish play, on a Tuesday morning. Got the tee time on a hot deal, wouldn’t pay weekend rates for this course.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hanging Rock Golf Club.

Excited to play course.

Lived in southwest Virginia for work for a couple years but had not had opportunity to play Hanging Rock yet. Went as a single and was paired with a threesome that was very open to me joining. Staff member in clubhouse was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Good range to loosen up before round. Course was in very good shape and provided a tough challenge in very windy conditions. Pace was reasonable for a foursome. Will certainly play course again and would recommend to any golfers in the area.

Commented on 05/05/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Hanging Rock Golf Club.

Commented on 04/08/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Hanging Rock Golf Club. We appreciate your rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

A fun golf course!!

A really fun golf course to play. The greens are in great shape!

Commented on 11/27/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will make sure to inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Hanging Rock Nov 20, 2020

A beautiful sunny fall day in the upper 60's with excellent course conditions and spectacular Fall Scenery of the SW VA mountains.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again at Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Hanging Rock Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Illinois Advisor

Great Layout

This course is fun, interesting and definitely will test you. It’s hilly. The elevation changes are scenic and fun and all the par threes are pretty. The course has what I would call a local amen corner. I’m referring to holes 9 and 10. 9 is a par 3 downhill. There’s a wide creek you cant see from the tee so make sure you take enough club. You’ll be tempted to take less because of the downhill but I believe it plays long. #10 is straight uphill and it’s cart path only. Personally, I love the hole but it will challenge most senior players. The greens roll true. Only one thing bothered me and it has zero to do with the course. One of the home owners placed a huge political sign facing one of the greens. It looks to me like it’s on golf course property. What an eyesore! Golfers play to escape the grind of daily life and want tranquility on the courses we play. This kind of thing could hurt the course. These are tough times and nothing should be done to discourage players and possibly have them choose another place to play. Let’s support our local course and if you live on Hanging Rock, its success should be important to you.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hi Liz, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hanging Rock Golf Club.

Good day on the course.

Greens had been recently aerated. Just about healed and were pretty slick. Fairways looking good but bunkers were wet from recent rain. Challenging course that most golfers will enjoy.

Commented on 10/02/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Must Play

Great layout. I can’t say much about the greens because they were aerated. Most were large. The teeing area was battered but for this time of the year most are everywhere. Cool layout, Mountain View’s and very interesting par 3s. Great elevations and a wonderful mix of holes. You’ll need every club. My only complaint, the rough is too high and too thick for recreational golfers. We are seniors and my husband and I enjoyed the break from the gray tees. We could reach most holes in regulation, if we avoided the rough, so three putt bogeys were common for us. It’s a beautiful course but I wish they’d cut and thin the rough. Go play it!

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hi Bj. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hanging Rock Golf Club!

Salem, Virginia
Salem, Virginia
Daleville, Virginia
Daleville, Virginia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.