Blue Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1920
Architect Clarence King

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2018 #12)

Afternoon at Blue Hills

The course has a good layout with plenty of Tee options to pick from. Very scenic and i thought overall the course was in great condition and the greens were really nice. Blue Hills could be a 5 star if they did not book Tee Times 8 minutes apart. Usually you are going to wait a few minutes between every shot.

Beautiful Greens

I played with three nice fellas who knew the course, and glad I did. There were a number of blind shots that were made more helpful knowing the line. It was a very windy day as a cold front moved through. Early on there were gusts of 30mph plus, and was a steady 15-20 mph later in the day. This made for tough conditions. The greens were a bit slow due to two days of previous rain, but were in fantastic shape. Would love to come back and play here again under better weather conditions.

Commented on 09/22/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Blue Hills Golf Course!

Commented on 09/22/2021

Hi, gc1015892937. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Blue Hills Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/18/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ShaunG68! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Hills Golf Course!

Commented on 09/18/2021

Hello u3470859,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 09/11/2021

Hi, u000006058392. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Blue Hills Golf Course!

Nice Course - Good Value

Very nice course. Not real hard, but still a nice challenge. Great value.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello, u314162159358. Thank you for visiting us at Blue Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great day to play

Today was a much better day to play at BH. Pace if play and the course was in great shape.

Commented on 08/17/2021

FredrichA5645070, thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Blue Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Great pace

Another fun round at BH!!! I was set to play by myself and had someone join me…. Later in the course, around 11, we had a single player join us through to the end…. Good guys, both friendly and a good accompaniment…. I’ve ALWAYS had fun playing at BH. Thanks Blue Hills staff for ALL you do!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Commented on 08/10/2021

Hello, mturtle420. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Blue Hills Golf Course. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Good round

My score was not so great (108), but I had a blast out there as usual. Wasn’t as hot as it seemed out there, good shady spots throughout the course. The pace was a little slow but not to the point where it was aggravating. Nice golfers out there today too. I like Blue Hills for a smooth round of golf at a VERY reasonable price. Thanks to Blue Hills for the conditions of the course and providing the availability to play golf. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hello, mturtle420. Thank you for visiting us at Blue Hills Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pace of play

Today was a great day to play golf. Unfortunately the pace of play impacted everyone. When tournaments are scheduled, members and non-members are extremely slow everyone should be addressed. That didn't appear to happen. Today I and others were the victims of slow play by others ahead of us.. Yet my group was approached as if we were causing the delay. Ahead of us teams were backed up 3-4 deep and at time we had to wait.

Somehow leadership should addressed this issue with members as well as with non members.
as appropriate.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hi, FredrichA5645070. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Blue Hills Golf Course.

Always Overbooked

Seems like they are chasing the dollar. Every time i'm there they are overbooked and backed up at the tee boxes. This time we had 2-3 groups in front waiting at the tee boxes. Then at about 14.. a marshall comes by and says "yall are 20 min behind ...no kidding..when your sitting at every tee box waiting what do you think is gonna happen. ( our threesome shot 77,81,85)Just played 2 different courses the 2 days prior and played a 3hr and 3 hr15 round. The problem is all on the course. They need to fix!.

Hi, u314160959123,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Blue Hills Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 07/30/2021

Hi, u314160751052. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Blue Hills Golf Course.

Hacker friendly course.

Always enjoy playing here. You have to really hit a pretty bad shot to get in trouble. One thing that irritated me today was the number of golfers who were not fixing their ball marks on the green. I fixed 3 or 4 on every green that you could tell had been recently made. Even though there were quite of few other older ball marks, Blue Hills still has very good greens. I just wish some golfers would be more respectful of their duty in course maintenance.

Commented on 07/30/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Flickster. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Blue Hills Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 07/30/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, FredrichA5645070! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Hills Golf Course!

First round of the year

Today was my first round of this year. Played with my neighbor and was paired with two guys we did not know. They were friendly and we all had a good time! The staff was great and if you are in the Roanoke Valley, I highly recommend this course. Fun layout and today was a good pace of play with the number of golfers present. Shot a 105 (have not played in about 6 years) and lost 2 balls but found 5. Looking to return next weekend for another 18. Thank you Blue Hills for providing the course and great conditions with a friendly staff; thank you golfpass for making it simple to book a tee time!!!

Commented on 07/26/2021

mturtle420, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Blue Hills Golf Course.

Blue Hills Golf

I am a local and have played this course multiple times. It is a nice layout in good shape and fun to play. Not a really long course and it has plenty of tee options. Gives you opportunities to try several different shots. Looking forward to playing it again in the near future.

Commented on 07/30/2021

Hi, u314160791017. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Blue Hills Golf Course, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Salem, Virginia
Salem, Virginia
Daleville, Virginia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
Featured Content