The Red/White Course was the original 18-hole course at Mascoutin Golf Club in Berlin when it opened back in 1976. Later, in 1999, the Blue nine was added to give golfers the choice between three different 18-hole combinations. Being the older course, the Red/White combination is covered with mature trees. They line the fairways, demanding accuracy, and they also frame the greens. The Red Course is the longer and slightly more challenging of the two nines but Mascoutin's White nine has a few water hazards coming into play in the form of small ponds. A few strategically placed bunkers also make an appearance throughout the course, but they are not overwhelming. There are challenges in store for more advanced players but overall, all of the courses are invitingly player friendly.

Mascoutin Golf Club

Year Built 1976
Architect Larry Packard (1976)

Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Wisconsin (2017 #24)

Entertaining Clients 9

Great weather

Wide fairways, challenging greens, plenty of bunkers.
Would recommend highly.

Amazing course for the value.

Shocked how nice these 27 holes are for the value. A hidden gem for sure.

Great Golf Course

Very fast but fair greens. Excellent course design. Well conditioned. A very enjoyable round for my wife and I!! We will definitely be back!!!

Tremendous Value

Played the Red/White 18 today. Perfect temperature (approx, 70 degrees), slight breeze. Course was in great condition for May 14. Very little traffic - can't believe it for this quality of a course. A great value!

Old School Challenge

I'm usually not a fan of tight, tree-lined courses, but Mascoutin has a different feel than most courses that look like it. The Red/White nines are the originals and really test a player's ball striking. Not only do you need to keep it between the trees, but approach shots need to be precise in order to leave reasonable birdie looks. The Blue nine is shorter and offers lots of birdie chances with more hazards to penalize a miss. The greens feature numerous slopes, swales, and ridges that make putts of all lengths difficult. I have played the course a lot this year and still find myself completely misreading putts.The course is always kept and great shape and the greens can really get fast if it stays dry. Really fun course that should not get overlooked for those staying in the Green Lake area.

Family golf outing

A beautiful day, nice course, great pace (3 1/2 hrs) for 18 holes. Will be playing again!

Great Course With Great Conditions

I hadn’t played this course in many year. The course is beautiful especially with the fall colors. I loved my round and thought that the holes are laid out very well and each hole is unique. Great job Mascoutin staff!

Mascoutin

Always a fun course to play as each hole presents its own identity and challenge. On this day course was overbooked.

Beautiful Course

We played a fun 18 holes. We played the white/blue tees. You better be straight off the tees or your in trouble. The course has a lot of sand, water and trees to keep you on your toes. Would recommend taking the drive up if you can.

Good time

Played the red course and blue course. Blue course was absolutely amazing. Great design and totally worth the golf trip. Red course was an average Wisconsin 9.

Fun

This course is a very nice challenging course. Staff was extremely nice and they had notes on each cart with notifications on water issues on certain holes. For the price they might of tried having the sand traps manicured better, even though we had rain the night before , since I played at 3:00 pm. Or, better yet I could stay out of them by being a better golfer! Overall I like playing this course once or twice a year when the family is on vacation. I would definitely say play it and make your own opinions. Thanks Golfnow

Most underated course in WI

Mascoutin is Wisconsin's best kept secret and worth every penny paid in green fees. Friendly and knowledgeable staff with an excellent junior program. Greens are perfect and fairways are like carpet. I've played almost all available course in the area and this one has, by far, the best conditions. Makes Lawsonia seem very over-priced.

Iowa Advisor

A Solid Option in the Green Lake Area

Mascoutin GC was a last minute addition to our golf trip to Lawsonia, due to rain at a course we planned to play in the Madison area. The Mascoutin staff was helpful and eager to accomodate our foursome. We ended up playing the Blue 9 twice, more to come on that later. Our entire group enjoyed the Rick Jacobson designed Blue 9, and we found the condition of the course to be really good, in spite of 3 inches of rain the night before.

The Good:
Mascoutin is immaculately maintained. The greens are fast and true, which is pretty incredible considering how much play the course seems to get. The Blue 9 is an interesting and fair layout. If you pick the right club off the tee and execute, you are going to have a chance to score. Our group had 2 eagles, and 5 birdies, but we also had some others when we got out of position.

The Average:
The price we paid on a Friday morning was $78 for 18 holes with carts. For me, that's a higher priced course in the Midwest. I think this course would feel like an incredible value at $50-$60 for 18 with a cart on a Friday. At almost $80, it felt slightly overpriced to me.

The Not So Good:
The Pace of Play was awful. Our round took us 4 and a half hours, and we only played that fast because we were allowed to play the Blue 9 a second time. After a nearly 3 hour first 9, the course staff allowed us to play the Blue again. With only 1 other group on the Blue, we played in 90 minutes. I realize 9 holes were shut down due to too much water on the course, meaning they were fitting 27 holes worth of golfers into 18 holes. However, I don't feel like the course staff did enough to keep the pace moving.

My favorite hole is the par 4 8th. It's a risk reward short par 4 with water down the right side. The hole gives you options off the tee to go for the green or lay up left. Our group made birdie both ways, plus we had an eagle here!

Good experience

First time playing here. Staff was friendly and course was very enjoyable. Was in great shape.

Berlin, Wisconsin
Berlin, Wisconsin
Wautoma, Wisconsin
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Wautoma, Wisconsin
Montello, Wisconsin
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Boyne's Highlands or Mountain resorts with the option to play 18 or 36 holes of golf of your choice between five Boyne golf courses.