Indian Hills Golf Course.

Year Built 1986
Greens Penn-Links Bentgrass

Dress code Golf attire consisting of collared shirts, shorts or slacks, and golf shoes are preferred on the course.

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Always nice

Fun & challenging course
Risk reward opportunities
Excellent greens
All around good condition
Great staff

Pace of play

The course needs someone to control the pace of play. A 4.5 or even a 5 hour round is acceptable but impossible without a golf marshal.

Commented on 10/09/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Loved it.

I'm having a hard time recalling anything I didn't like about this course. Maybe the 11th hole that runs along 231 is a tad noisy... meh. The course was fun. Front 9 has some gorse that added a challenge. Some holes required a relatively accurate driver, but not to sniper level. Layout was super interesting... particularly #9, 12 and 16. The greens were well maintained, pretty quick and were undulating. Gotta really be careful putting downhill, it'll run away. Fairways and roughs were in great shape too. I'll come back.

Too Wet

Staff in club house was friendly, but they uttered those terrible words: "Cart path only".

Grounds keepers on 9th hole were working on sand trap in front of green. They made no effort to accommodate players approaching 9th green.

Grounds were saturated from prior rains. Unfortunate, but one must take grounds "as is". An enjoyable course.

Horrible round

This was one of the worst rounds I have played all year. First, the pairings got all out of whack and we were left to pair ourselves. Second pace of play was horrible, nearly 5 hours. The guys behind us got so impatient they started hitting into us while we were waiting to hit our 2nd shot. I mean, their tee shots were landing beside our carts. When we get to the 10th tee, two foursomes were waiting to tee off because others had jumped in front of them. And to cap it all off, it was cart path only. They must have a drainage issue because the course looked like it had just fell a flood.

Commented on 09/29/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Great Time

The course was in great shape other than some water laying in the fairways on a few holes.

Decent

Slow pace of play. Angry old lady at the restaurant
Ranger was great. Greens/tee boxes mediocre

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make the necessary improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

You get penalized if you are playing in a foursome

Played today in a foursome and as many other times before we were constantly run up on by singles and twosome. I know they call groups to the tee box but there is not any attempt to pair up groups and so therefore the singles and twosome just become marauders to unleash fury on people that bring 4 green fees to the course, because we have to look back and see somebody with their hands on their hips like we are doing something wrong, when in fact it is the staff that are causing the situation because they will not pair people up. I am done bringing more than a twosome out here any more. It isn't fun and it just isn't worth it. The place could be so good if somebody would just give it some thought and make it happen. I am rooting for this place to turn it around, because the surrounding area needs a really well run golf course in this price point.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Soggy

It had rained 2 days before but the course was still cart path and had some extremely soggy areas. Layout is good, course is good

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the team to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Very slow play due to wet conditions,(cart path only).
Nearly 5 hour round. Recommend only if 90 degrees on cart.

Good course

course was a bit wet and soggy. Not much you can do with the amount of rain. However, it was fun and pretty challenging

Terrible Conditions and Rude Staff

Greens were completely sanded over and putting was impossible. This should trigger a course alert on Golf Now or their website. Staff was rude when I asked when we could expect the greens to be completely healed. My group will not be returning.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Hi Trevor and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Please know that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. We will use your comments as guidance to work on making the necessary changes. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. Thank you for playing Indian Hills Golf Course. We hope to earn your business back soon.

Staff

Absolutely will not be back. Manager of Indian Hills is very rude. Came in without a mask and he was very rude in telling us to put it on. I Was in the process of putting it on he did not have to be rude. Haven’t saying that he stood there looking out the window not even acknowledging us. I had to tell him “hello” we have a tee time at 12:50 and he finally turned around and said I will be with you and continue to look out the window. I told him I would like to speak to the owner and he would not give me a name if I needed to speak to anyone, he was the manager and I would not get very far with him. If my daughter didn’t have a tournament here we would never come.....just awful!!!!

Rockvale, Tennessee