View of a green at Penderbrook Golf Club

Penderbrook Golf Club

Year Built 1980
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1980) Roy Case Brian Ault (1980) Tom Clark (1980)

Clubs No

Dress code Men: Collared Shirt, Slacks, Shorts. Ladies: Collared/Sleeved Shirt, Slacks, Shorts, Capris. No denim.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Very challenging course

Far tougher for my skill level. But I’ll play it again

Commented on 11/22/2021

Hello, piercearrow33. Thank you for visiting us at Penderbrook Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/22/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, tpdalebox. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club!

Commented on 11/22/2021

Hi, u1547346978. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Penderbrook Golf Club!

Shout out to Penderbrook Golf Course and Staff

I have played Penderbrook regularly for several years, first time playing goes back to 1997. Alot has changed over the years but over the past 3 years this course is significantly improved and they are investing into the course each year to make it better. If you never played the original layout of Penderbrook this is a far easier course now to make it more user friendly and to help with speed of play. And I might say this is still a challenging course and for the price of play is probably the best bang for the buck you can find in the area. They stayed open during COVID and quite frankly was the only sanity check we could get in the early days of COVID. Shout out to Marshall, Bryce, Allen and staff. You all are making this a fun and quality place to play!!

Commented on 11/22/2021

Hi, rwbenson. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Marshals needed

A 4-some two groups had no business playing (often multiple shots) from the blue ties and often being 1 or 2 holes behind where they should have been.

Commented on 11/15/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

The place was overbooked. In about 4hrs and 30 minutes completed only 12 holes. Not coming back.

Commented on 11/15/2021

First of all, we're sorry if you experienced a longer than normal round that day, it was a holiday and I made sure to have a ranger out there all day to keep things moving along, but I know it was busy. We actually were not overbooked, we were just booked solid until 3pm. I checked the GPS data and the longest round of the day was 4:58 so I'm a little confused about what happened there. Please contact me at : babrams@penderbrookgolfclub.com, I would like to know more about your visit.

Commented on 11/12/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Penderbrook Golf Club!

Condition of course has gone way down hill

My buddies and I use to play this course once or twice a month. It’s a little pricey but we deal with it because I honestly believe holes 8- 13 are one of the best stretches of golf in this area. I haven’t been to penderbrook since early in the season and I am honestly shocked at the condition it is in. The greens were an absolute mess, with massive pivot marks covering every green. They didn’t remove the old pin holes, so it looks like they are keeping them permanently now instead of filling them like most courses do when they switch pin locations. It’s alarming that the course is in this kind of condition with reduced traffic due to the season being over. It shows that they can’t properly take care of the course, even with less than half the tee times filled on a Sunday.

The pace of play was also horrendous. Granted we were playing twighlight golf, but we had groups ahead of us turning back and playing earlier holes because a group was going so slow in front of us. When we teed off they were on 7, and we caught up to them on 15. There wasn’t a ranger to be seen.

It’s a real shame because it’s a beautiful course, but it seems to have gone downhill recently. 100% not worth the money they are charging to play this course, which is sad because it use to be so nice.

I hope this changes and I’m completely wrong about this, but it looks like management has stopped caring about the condition of the course and just cares about the bottom line.

Commented on 11/02/2021

Hi, u314159862455. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Penderbrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Not great

Greens were in great condition but that’s about it. Pace of play was pretty bad with the starter sending out players too close to one another. No driving range. Course just isn’t worth the $79 that I payed. Fairways were just okay. Will probably consider most other courses before coming back here.

Commented on 11/02/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, AndLam14. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Penderbrook Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Good challenge

I booked this course the night before I played. Shout out to GolfNow! I enjoyed my round. Loved the way the course is laid out and the staff was supper friendly. I’ll definitely recommend it, and play there again.

Commented on 10/19/2021

Hi, u000007674042. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Nice course heat greens

Course is in great playing shape, smooth relatively fast greens, fairway cuts, level tee areas, friendly staff (Starter). Pace of play was normal. Very good price $43.56 on Tee Off (Golf Now) website. I will return to play again

Commented on 10/18/2021

Thank you for your review, Fkerze70. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Penderbrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Completely upgraded

I’ve not played this penderbrook course for long time as it is known for tight pace and poor condition. Recently I visited this course and revisited today as the overall course condition has greatly improve. For instance, now each tee time has a ten minute interval so you don’t have to rush. Most amazing thing is its green condition. Green is well maintained so that the ball literally rolls without much bumping.

Commented on 10/18/2021

Hi, joony76. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Great playing despite cloudy day

Green and fairways were looking good.. Pace of play somehow slow at certain points during play.. Players or group behind at times becoming impatient and would hit balls earlier than necessary because of losing daylight and trying to finish the round. Course was better than I expected. Last time I played the course the bunkers were being worked on.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hello, u138071652. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Single buyer beware!

I play this course maybe 1/month! Purchase on line including cart! I was to join 3 other players. I was asked if I minded sharing a cart! I said “yes” it’s still COVID and riding with someone in that close proximity wasn’t an option hence the reason I paid for a round including a cart. Well, the first gentleman said you have to pay an extra $11 since you are alone! Then out of nowhere a man with seemingly some authority and no customer service said abruptly “ your only two options are pay $11 to ride alone or ride with the other player! I told him I would not he told the cashier to cancel her round! He stated that golf now clearly says I would pay an additional fee an abigysign inside said 1-2 people in cart $11. I ALREADY PAID , for a cart. I wanted to play really bad since it was a terrific Thursday afternoon! Unfortunately, Bryce ruined the day with his lack of customer service skills! Oh Snd after 3:10 no one tee offed and oh there were approximately 10-15 empty carts! I watched it all from Mulligans!

Commented on 11/02/2021

Hi, u314160605664. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 10/08/2021

Hi, will24511. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Keeps getting better

Been playing Penderbrook for 3-4 years now, and it is the most improved track I know of. Wish it had a driving range and more than a modest putting/chipping green. Still, interesting holes, well maintained, very friendly and helpful staff. The improvements on 2, 6, 8, 11, 15 and18 have helped a lot. Greens are in good shape and roll fast and pretty true. Some tee boxes are pretty beat up, but fairways are nice and the rough around the greens is lush and pretty uniform. One gripe: huge disparity in bunkers from hole to hole. Some have lovely, fluffy white sand, some wouldn't work for a grade school sandbox. Some aesthetic improvements around the edges would help too. But the place continues to improve and I'll continue to book tee times.

Commented on 10/08/2021

Hi, u645637204. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Penderbrook Golf Club!

Commented on 11/02/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u6497676! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club!

Nice layout

Greens and fairways in good shape; however, most traps washed out. Rough was very choppy and uneven. Practice areas very limited. No driving range. Nice bar and restaurant, as well as course cart service.

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hello and thank you for the review! We had over 4 inches of rain Wednesday night into Thursday and maintenance wasn't able to get to the bunkers. Sorry if this was an inconvenience to your round!

Oakton, Virginia