Type Municipal
Twin Lakes Golf Course - Oaks Course

Year Built 1998
Golf Season Year round. In-season: April-October.
Architect Denis Griffiths

Carts Yes - $18

Dress code Proper attire is required

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 01/31/2023

Thank you for visiting us at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Not cleaning

Staff very kinky information everything , also course layout good but course is not good clear.

Fall conditions

Morning rounds have to deal with heavy dew on the greens. The rough is very long. Fairways and tee boxes are in good shape.

Commented on 12/11/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course!

Great public course

My wife and I had a great time despite a cold weather. It's a good course to enjoy with affordable price. I would like to recommend this course to others.

Commented on 12/11/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 12/05/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Twin Lakes - Oaks Course!

Commented on 01/30/2023

Hello and thank you for your wonderful rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Twin Lakes - Oaks Course!

Commented on 10/03/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course!

Commented on 09/07/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Twin Lakes - Oaks Course!

Commented on 09/06/2022

Great fun

Tough course. Long, hilly, lots of penalty, many narrow fairways. A wonderful challenge. Paired with high handicapper who stood over the ball forever, and then hit miserably. Annoying!
Will play again when in the area.

Commented on 08/28/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Twin Lakes - Oaks Course.

Great public courses

Both courses are excellent. I play them regularly. The pace of play is not always good. Played yesterday. No marshals. No beverage carts.

Commented on 08/28/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

August 20th

Course was in great shape! Great pace. I’d visit again.

Getting better

A few months ago it was unplayable. Thick rough. Last round was great. Challenging around the greens. Greens have some rough patches that really do not effect play.

Commented on 08/28/2022

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course!

Commented on 08/28/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Inconsistent Conditions at Twin Lakes Oaks Course

Some of the fairways were in excellent condition - almost plush - while many had large weeds and brown spots. Greens were good except for many ball marks left behind. Traps were in good shape. They had plenty of drinking water on the course, but it wasn't cold. Staff is very pleasant, and pace of play was very good, maybe because it was very hot which attracted fewer players.

Commented on 09/06/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Twin Lakes - Oaks Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

5+ Hours on a Saturday Thanks to Hacking Millenials

I play this course fairly regularly, but rarely on Saturdays. I should have listened to my inner voice about that yesterday because it was painfully slow. There were two groups of complete hacker millennials who held up the entire course. They were driving on the greens (no exaggeration!), had two holes open in front of them throughout the back nine, and blared their horrible music throughout. I'm no Judge Smells here, but I called the pro shop to have someone come out and move them along. Much like the PC-culture that permeates everything right now, no one had the guts to pull these jokers from the course or ask them to move along quicker. Buyer beware...charging $76 for 18 with a cart and then having hacks ruin the atmosphere and tempo of the game was a bit much. I've played much better courses for $70+ and had much better greens and far better pace of play. Please fix your prices, greens, and pace of play especially on the weekends.

Commented on 08/02/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 07/31/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Twin Lakes - Oaks Course!

After just finishing the 10th hole on the Oaks, our group (4 players w/one players’ son caddying for his father) was approached by the marshal. The marshal incorrectly assumed two players were playing out of the same bag (father & caddy son) and as such also incorrectly assumed it was causing us to play slow. We informed him that a players’ son was only caddying for his father and we were in fact keeping up with the foursome directly in front of us. He insisted we allow a single player behind us to play through.

This wouldn’t have been an issue if there wasn’t another foursome directly in front of us who also seemed to be on pace for a four-hour round. The marshal willfully put the foursome in front of us into the same predicament as our foursome which I suspect resulted in slowing the pace of both foursomes that had been keeping pace. A minor grip but I’m unsure whether this was the most logical course of action…

Commented on 07/31/2022

Commented on 08/02/2022

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Twin Lakes - Oaks Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Centreville, Virginia
4.6190571429
Chantilly, Virginia
Oakton, Virginia
Fairfax Station, Virginia
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.