A view of hole #9 at Mountain Falls Golf Course.

Mountain Falls Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Architect Cal Olson (2002) Jack Nicklaus (2002)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

FootGolf

19th Hole Specials 15

Hidden gem

Very well maintained course. Super friendly staffs. Beautiful scene. Definitely worth the 45 mins drive.

Great venue

This course a beautiful gem. Great course layout and excellent playing condition. We were greeted with a smile and quickly on our way to the range with provided golf balls. We were on time for our tee time, and played in about 5 hours. But this was due to a high school girls local tournament in front of us. I would estimate that our round would have been played in about 4h20 at worst on a normal day. Great value for the price and a challenging course with different views of the surrounding mountains and desert. It is about 1 hour drive away from the strip, but certainly worth the drive. I enjoyed it and will play it again when I get back in this area.

Test of Patience

What a disaster! Unfortunately I played on a day they had an outside tournament. Not a problem, I made an afternoon tee time. Golf course let the tournament add 15 more entrants which fouled up the afternoon tee times for players. The staff seemed to not know what to do when their tee times were fouled up. When I arrived I was told to ask the Marshall when I was to start—no organization at all. I paired up with different people throughout my round. There was a 10-15 minute wait on each hole. I was told this was not the usual pace of play for Mountain Falls. Locals said it was usually fast moving, but based on my experience I find it hard to believe. Surprised the Marshall was not able to get things moving. I’m also surprised the staff was not able to give people a tee time based on what they had posted on the books. I’d be hard pressed to play this course again even though it was not one of their regular days and it is a nice course. The disappointing thing was the way the staff handled the situation—they were friendly but had no idea what to do.

Commented on 06/14/2022

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Mountain Falls Golf Course!

Used to be better but has it's improvements elsewhere

Pros
Park like setting in Southern Nevada is rare.
Not Desertized
Decent if not excellent shape year round.
Front nine totally different than back nine.
Great practice facility
Great Value
Current Management seems to have reduced the
Operating losses. I'm sure reducing theft and freebies had a bit to do with that.
Cons
Allow fivesomes
Largest practice facility in Southern Nevada and they put mats in at the driving range. ?????
Previous Greenskeeper had a better handle of the course.
Got new carts with GPS and did not put "No carts" signs where the carts stop working.

Hidden Gem

Make the drive over from LV. You won’t be disappointed

Another Great Visit

We play here every year (we can travel) this time we played it twice.The manager gave us a great deal on the second day. I think he likes the Canadians! Greens punched and dressed but very playable, Tee Boxes and fairway are in excellent shape.

Bad Timing

Unbeknownst to us, Mountain Falls GC had aerated greens on both nines. We found this out upon arrival -- was not posted on their site. They had closed the back 9 due to aerating today. We were told to play the front 9 twice -- not what we drove all the way to Pahrump from Vegas for. We finished the front 9, and was too backed up to replay. We asked the pro shop if we could drive the cart around the back 9 to see what we missed, in case we want to come out again. They wouldn't even allow that. Very disappointing visit on several counts.
The course is on flat land, which gives a boring feel compared to others in the Vegas area. It also feels a bit narrow, reminding me of an exec course. It's part of a slow moving housing development. I'd rate it at best a 6.5 of 10. It is not worth the drive from Vegas. My first visit to Pahrump, likely my last. A dusty burg with very little to offer.

Commented on 04/09/2022

sLnr8fzAyT0ab5XGGbJu, I am very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience with us. Here at Mountain Falls we strive for excellence and that is clearly not what you got. We do struggle with our website updates, something we are currently working on to get more streamlined so that we can keep our customers in the know about things such as aerification. We would really appreciate if you gave us another chance to show you what a great golf experience Mountain Falls can be. Please reach out to me directly at eowens@mountainfallsgolfclub.com, and we will get you setup. We do offer one of the best experiences in Nevada, and I'd feel even worse if you never got to experience it fully. Thank you for your review, yours and others like it help us to be better.

Commented on 04/09/2022

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience with us here at Mountain Falls. We strive for excellence and that is clearly not what you got. We do struggle with our website updates, something we are currently working on getting more streamlined to keep our customers in the know about things such as aerification. I would like to make up for this experience if you'd be willing to call the Pro Shop and ask for the Director of Golf, we will get you setup and back out here for what I promise will be a much better experience all around. We do offer one of the top tier golf experiences in Southern Nevada and I'd hate for you to miss out on it. Thank you for you're review, we truly take it to heart and will do better.

Quality Course

I travel quite a bit every year to play golf. Be it, Arizona, California, Idaho, Oregon or Washington. I expected very little from this course. I was surprised. A member of the staff greeted us before we could even get out of our vehicle. He loaded our clubs, provided great info, and then directed us to the pro shop. The young lady inside, Kelly, was awesome. She saw that I had a GOGOLF card and, just like the young man who greeted us, was totally professional, but with a smile on her face and a genuine desire to make our day a good one. The course was outstanding. During my stay, our group had played eight courses in eight days. This was the best course we played! If you are in and around Las Vegas (which offers many excellent courses) I highly recommend the best course in the area.

7-8 years

Like playing the course but each year when I come back the price has risen. from 40$-75$ in the past few years

Course layout was good and challenging. Course was in great shape for January. Staff was friendly. No cart beverage service. Would have liked to see a marshall too. Only negative was pace of play. Although we played in 4 hours, we waited on almost every hole after the first 5. Slow group ahead of us.

Played for first time well worth the drive from Las Vegas - all facets of course were very good - would play again anytime we get out here

A hidden gem

Everything about our experience at this course was 1st class. If we could have given them 6 stars we would have!
Staff were helpful, extremely helpful, even moving us as a 2 ball ahead of a 4 ball on the 1st tee. Both groups were told of this change when we were warming up in the well kept practice ground.
The course was immaculate, with the exception of a few ball marks left by uncaring golfers. Great shame that people don't look after the course for others behind them.
The pro shop staff were very open to suggestions of reminding players to repair ball marks. The green keeping staff to an incredible job in maintaining the course to an exceptional level and it must be frustrating when they see what golfers do to their final result.
Would we come back? ABSOLUTELY! Well worth the drive out to Pahrump.

Great all around experience

Staff super friendly on arrival and throughout the day. Started with a quick bite, which was delicious. Great bacon. Then a quick range visit for loosening up. On to the enter box. It was lush, green, taken care of, and enjoyable to play on a course without painted grass. They watered the course where it was needed. Beautiful desert landscape, with Mountain View’s and plenty of trees and shade. Excellent course layout with variety of water, bunker and other hazards intertwined. Overall excellent course and staff and play. Plus it wasn’t windy, it was 90 degrees, but the trees provided all the cool shade needed to be enjoyable.

Always Excellent!

We have played this course 5 times and we keep coming back! All elements of this course are very good! The men that get the cart for you when your drive into the parking lot are always there and ready! They take your clubs out of your trunk for you if you want them to. I am happy to tip them for $3-5 bcuz they leave you with the cart as they walk back to the clubhouse, and then clean your clubs for you when you finish and take the cart back to the clubhouse for you.
Today our cart was dying on the 15th hole as the electricity from the battery was getting very low. We did not have to sit around and wait while a group behind us played through - they were there with a new cart within just a few minutes and we never missed a beat as they took the other cart away after transferring our clubs onto the new cart! They said next moth they will be getting a new fleet of carts.

You cannot beat their customer service as well as the very well kept course conditions which are always very good!

Worth the drive from Vegas

Course was in very nice condition (other than a par 3 closed because of vandalism). Scenery and mountain views are very very nice. Pace was a little slower than I like - but our 4-some was done in 4:15, We could have played in 3:50 without other traffic. Nice range and practice areas. Friendly staff. The weather that day could not have been any better.

Pahrump, Nevada
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at either Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses.