Designed by Rees Jones, Broad Run Golfer's Club boasts one of the best layouts in the area. The course sprawls across over 370 acres of rolling hills countryside. The dramatic elevations are definitely not something you would expect from a golf course that is conveniently situated so close to downtown Philadelphia. The elevated tees feel as though they're in the clouds and mature trees frame most of the holes. There are hazards lurking throughout the golf course including swampy marshlands and tall, dense grasses that are all just waiting to swallow errant shots. It is a challenging layout no doubt but it is made more player friendly with generous fairways and Jones was also light on the bunkering. One of the most difficult and scenic holes is the par-5 15th. This hole plays uphill, featuring a blind tee shot to a plateau green surrounded by trees.

Broad Run Golfer's Club

Fairways Bent (Princeville)
Greens Bent (G2)
Golf Season Open year round (weather permitting)
Architect Rees Jones (2000) Keith Evans (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirt or mock turtleneck. Golf style shorts or pant

Bad Greens-Unsanitized Cart

The greens were horrible, slow and bumpy on a day I was charged full price of $100. There was a dirty band aid in the cup holder indicating they had not cleaned the cart at all, let alone sanitized for Covid protocol.

Memorable Course

Staff was laid back and very accommodating. Starter had all the do this, don't do that down pat like a drill sergeant. Had to ask him to repeat a few things and he was more than happy to.

Pace was perfect, course was awesome...except the bunkers need some work. I know it's early in the season so give them a break. There are many blind shots so bring your GPS...can't emphasize this enough. Never played such and interesting course with straight holes.

Slow play

Airated greens and slow play today. All in all it was still a nice day.

Great Views!!

Get layout, large tee boxes and greens. Worth the drive!

Satisfaction Guaranteed!

This was the third time I’ve played this course, once in summer, winter, and now “spring” lol. The course always looks great! When I’m in town I always try and grab a round at Broad Run. I took the tee time because I knew they were aerating and no one else would be playing. The night before I received a text message asking if I was sure I still wanted to play and was aware of the course conditions. I said I was and still looked forward to playing. Besides gusts of wind every so often the day was perfect. The greens were so good to me even with the aerating. All 18 was BEAUTIFUL, Tee to Green! I will be trying to get another round in this weekend while I’m in town.

Correct plays

Group in front of us let us play through on 10 and we finished the back in 1hr and 32 mins! Great early morning round, practice green was beat up but real greens rolled great.

WOW!!!

This is one heII of a course. I’ve wanted to play it for years but don’t live close. Finally decided to pull the trigger and it was well with the drive. The design of this course is one of the best I have ever played. The use of the different mountains and the views you get when your on top of one and can over look the holes on a different one, just wow. Each hole design was fun and challenging, but was also getable with a good tee shot. Conditions throughout the course were great. Only negative I could find was the giant rocks in the bunkers. The price was a little steep and I wish they would offer a military discount. Definitely recommend this course and take the drive if you have been putting it off like me.

A gem

Spanning vista's, challenging design, and sneaky greens make you feel like your winning at life. Top notch head pro Tom Morgan is a great teacher and sets the tone for a positive experience. Great smoked wings and a new menu this year compliment a new bar and nice deck. Feels like home.

Needs attention

Course was just Ok. Every green had unrepaired divots. Fairways in good shape overall.

Commented on 04/12/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Broad Run Golfer's Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great Easter Sunday round

Me and my wife played this course Easter sunday....fairways were in great shape and the greens were coming along nicely. A bit expensive but got it through a hot deal.

Beautiful, challenging course

Play this course regularly. Tom, the head pro, is a very welcoming and professional guy. Most of his staff is very welcoming and courteous as well. Course is well-maintained and many of the views are eye-opening. The course is challenging and probably not the best choice for beginners.

No value left for this course

Broad Run is a great layout and challenging course. It's just crazy how Byler Golf Mgmt is getting away with charging these prices in the Winter/Spring shoulder season.. They artificially inflate their rates with "Dynamic Pricing" which doesn't make any sense. I played with a member and the rate was still $90, for a Saturday in the shoulder season, lol. It's honestly cheaper to join as a member play 20 times and make your money's worth. This is a nice public course, but not worth those kind of price. Either go fully private or get more realistic with actual greens fees.

For that kind of money during this season it should be pristine. Boxes were decent, some greens were in perfect shape, others it looked like 0 work was done to make them consistent with the others. Idk where the extra money is going to if the course isn't pristine.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Broad Run Golfer's Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Broad Run vs. Flatlander Golfer

Wow, I expected a tough outing with my group. I was not disappointed. My fitness watch shot to 29 flights completed. We had a frost delay and a mixed cart path only round. Given the time of the season, the course was in really good shape. The round took 5+ hours because of the delay and path rules, which wasn’t bad. Problem was, the restaurant was closed by the time we finished. It was Sunday, so I do understand. Will try for a summer outing here and compare the outcome.

Not as usual

We have played here a few times. It's usually stellar as far as conditions and pace of play. Regarding conditions, I recognize it's March and the grass is still mostly dormant and areas that need to grow in were expected, but you shouldn't charge full high end country club for a day prices for a course that's still playing like a winter course. which is why I gave the value a 1. Especially when you then hang a "stay on path" sign on almost every hole, basically making you walk up and down stadium course hills on every hole, resulting in a 5+ hour round. That's why I gave the layout a 3 and pace of play a 2 , because it's not suitable for cart path only. Just a big disappointment compared to past experiences.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, rbtconsultants. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Broad Run Golfer's Club!

Overpriced

Interesting course. Generally in pretty good shape. Very hilly. Can be physically taxing especially if it’s cart path only which is often.
Prices are about 50% higher than comparable courses in the area. Really no way to justify.
Like the course but not the cost.

Thorndale, Pennsylvania