Designed by Rees Jones, Broad Run Golfer's Club boasts one of the best layouts in the area. The course sprawls across over 370 acres of rolling hills countryside. The dramatic elevations are definitely not something you would expect from a golf course that is conveniently situated so close to downtown Philadelphia. The elevated tees feel as though they're in the clouds and mature trees frame most of the holes. There are hazards lurking throughout the golf course including swampy marshlands and tall, dense grasses that are all just waiting to swallow errant shots. It is a challenging layout no doubt but it is made more player friendly with generous fairways and Jones was also light on the bunkering. One of the most difficult and scenic holes is the par-5 15th. This hole plays uphill, featuring a blind tee shot to a plateau green surrounded by trees.

Broad Run Golfer's Club

Fairways Bent (Princeville)
Greens Bent (G2)
Golf Season Open year round (weather permitting)
Architect Rees Jones (2000) Keith Evans (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirt or mock turtleneck. Golf style shorts or pant

Awesome Experience

Course layout is great as every hole has elevation changes, dog legs, etc.

Course condition was in excellent condition as everyone in the foursome kept commenting on how great a shape the course was in for mid-December.
(Just need to continue to post signs on repairing divots)

Course staff from pro shop to starter to halfway house to cart guys were all extremely friendly and nice.

Course is a must play.!

5 Hour Round

This is a great course. Well kept, fantastic views, and fun to play. However, it is hard to finish your round in under 5 hours. Of the times I have played, I have found myself waiting at each hole while one group is in the fairway, and another is on the green. This definitely makes the round much less enjoyable as you spend a large amount of time waiting at every tee box. I'm not writing this to just be mean. Broad Run - please add some spacing of the tee times/on course rangers for next season. This has happened multiple times to me now, and I really do want to come play the course again. However, I find it quite frustrating to be sitting 10+ minutes at every tee box.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, Tommy. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Broad Run Golfer's Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Unfriendly to singles

If you are by yourself you are required to ride with a stranger in a cart separated by an inadequate piece of plastic or pay $20 extra. This is an unnecessary risk during a pandemic. It is also a bush league price gouge at a time when courses are making record profits.
The layout is so spread out that carts are required and it is impossible to walk. Rounds take longer than at other courses because of this. Overall a very nice well maintained course in a beautiful setting.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please know that our golfers safety is our utmost priority. Please feel free to reach out to our management team at (610) 738-4410. Thank you for playing Broad Run Golfer's Club.

Overall Experience

Broad Run is one of the best public golf courses in the Delaware Valley area. The staff was friendly, course conditions were spectacular for November conditions, and the rate of play was favorable. I look forward to playing my next round at this beautiful course!

Great track!

Just an absolutely beautiful course with all the spectacular views of the gorgeous Chester County countryside. At $75 including cart I think it would be appropriately priced for summer play but this was November. That being said it still is fun to play. Worth the drive.

The course is in great condition for early November. Nice layout, can be challenging but if played properly it can be rewarding. Played during a rainstorm, no one else was dumb enough to play through it so it took a little over 3 hrs. They don't do rainchecks or 9 hole rate. Would go back, maybe at a lower rate for this time of the year.

Must play

The staff is very outgoing willing to help with all your requests. The layout is very challenging, not for the faint of heart. This course is a Must Play at this time of the year with the trees changing colors and the Magnificent views.

Great layout! Best place in Chester County

I enjoy this course a great deal - I think it has the best layout in Chester County.
Since we played in the fall, I was expecting a number of “leaf balls”, but the staff has done a great job of removing the leaves, sticks, etc from the course.
The greens were faster than I expected they would be for this time of year.
All around kudos to all the staff for keeping the course in really nice shape.

What a gem!

Conditions were excellent! Leaves were blown off of fairway and roughs Greens ran true, and the sights were perfect fall ball. Could not have asked for a more scenic round. I enjoyed my round very much. Will be back.

Great Day

Awesome course .. best in the area... layout and elevation changes and views make you feel like your away on a golf vacation.... highly recommend!!!

Much improved.

The course conditions, especially the greens were much improved since my last round here a few years ago.
The layout is great, greens were fast. I'll be back.

Great course but.....

Great track layout and overall taken well care of. Rating reflects pace of play. 3.5 hours for front nine. Walked off at turn. Informed pro shop who was accommodating but the issue is that rangers don’t enforce pace of play and starter (high school student) doesn’t know how to space out groupings. Really comes down to Rangers, passed several who just waved. Yet when I spoke to pro shop about group backing up the course, he already knew who I was talking about. One of the best public courses in state, but need to improve on their operations or it will ruin its stature.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hello JF. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Broad Run Golfer's Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Fall Golf 2020

Pack some patience as the course layout translates to a 4.5 hr round... that said this is a premier public golf course in the greater Philadelphia area

Broad run

Course always plays tough from the blues! Rolling terrain and lots of uphill shots into wind today. Greens were good but full of old ball marks left unrepaired.

Enjoyable day of golf

Played here with a Group Golfer voucher for $45. Well worth that price. Not sure I would say the same thing for the rack rate of $99, but I enjoy playing here a couple of times a year. It’s worth the 1.5 hour drive for me.

Course was in very nice shape for the most part. A little wet in spots but nothing affecting play. Greens rolled nicely while very soft to accept approach shots. Tee boxes and fairways were well manicured.

Pro shop staff very friendly.

Excellent golf course, the lay out is great, well maintained,.

Great course, but pricey

I booked two foursomes in early Oct 2020. The course was in great shape. This course is difficult, but fair. You pay for a bad shot, but you do not get overly penalized by a decent shot that may be just a bit off-line. Also no hidden swails or false-fronts, etc. The course is beautiful and fun to play. My only reservation is the cost. It was $99 per person. There are other nice courses in the general area that are under $50. So it's not a course I will play a lot....just as a special treat.

Great course, terrible pace of play

This course is in beautiful condition and enjoyable to play. My only issue is they keep you on the cart paths for half of the holes and the wide fairways make the walk back and forth very time consuming.

Played twice within the past week and both rounds averages 5hrs.

Great layout

Broad run has one of best layouts in area with some terrific holes. Course was in fair shape and obvious heavy play. Have feedback to starter and pro shop that pace of play was terrible for a day with low play volume. Took 5.5 hrs and no one was managing the 4 some two holes ahead who were more interested in socializing and drinking beer.

Thorndale, Pennsylvania