View of a green and fairway at Lost Marsh Golf Course

Lost Marsh Golf Course

Year Built 2004

Clubs No

Walking Allowed No walkers on weekends until 1pm.
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times. No tee shirts, tank tops, jerseys or denim.

Thick Rough 23

전반전은 안전하게, 후반전은 도전적으로!

첫홀부터 연속적으로 호수를 끼고 이어지는 홀들이 부담을 주지만. 안전하게 플레이한다면 스코어를 지킬 수 있습니다. 후반 9홀엔 물이 별로 없으니, 도전적으로 플레이하셔도 될 듯합니다. 재미있는 코스가 많아서 즐겁게 플레이할 수 있었습니다. 다만. 코스 여기저기가 잔디가 죽은 곳이 많아서 관리가 필요하다고 생각됩니다. 어떤 홀은 홀주변 그린도 잔디가 죽어서 퍼팅을 할 수 없는 곳도 있었습니다. 비교적 괜찮은 코스라고 생각합니다. 독특한 코스에서 치는걸 좋아하신다면 한번 쳐 보셔도 나쁘지 않을 듯합니다.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Hello, Ben0526. Thank you for visiting us at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Amazing Monday round

With a hot deal on a Monday it was so fast and great conditions

Challenging course. Good value

Enjoyed playing Lost Marsh today. Only disappointment was the halfway house and refreshment cart were not open, so there were no refreshments/lunch options today. The staff was friendly and the course was in good shape.

Good choice outside of Chicagoland

This was a great option for a morning of golf while visiting Chicago. Tee boxes were amazing & the fairways were well cared for. Some of the greens had false-fronts so, even if you were a little short, you could still putt.

Nice track, very challenging

Very tough course with water and fescue galore. Greens just got punched so that’s never fun. Everyone that works here was awesome. Moire good than bad but a seriously hard course for the average golfer.

Terrible Experience

I'll start off by saying I've played this course 4 or 5 times before and never once had an issue. You know what you're gonna get: a challenging course at a fair price just outside of Chicago. This was one of the worst experiences I've had golfing in a long time.

I arrived 40 minutes early so I could hit the range with my group. We were on the range with plenty of time to go and a ranger drives up to us and tells us we're on the tee box and we need to get moving. I check my phone and we don't tee off for another 14 minutes, but we make our way over to see what the deal is. Before we can even make it to the tee, the cart girl stops us to check and make sure we don't have any outside alcohol on us. That's when I remember the last time I was here, she went into my cart while I was putting and checked on my White Claw and made me dump it out. I get it, you can't bring outside alcohol, but come on. We are still buying drinks from the course and there's no reason to get hostile over a seltzer.

Anyways, we get to the starter and I ask what the deal is since we still have 11 minutes until we tee off and he says get to the teebox because we have to go now. There is nothing I despise more than being rushed which is why we got there so early, yet here we are being rushed to tee off by the starter 11 minutes early. No chance to chip or roll a couple putts.

We finally get to the teebox and see that our two playing partners we were paired with have already hit and are sitting in their cart waiting for us to go, acting like we were running 10 minutes behind. Just a very rushed and hectic start to the round.

Unfortunately, that wasn't even the worst part as we get to the #1 green and see the greens have been punched for the season and were given no warning. It was IMPOSSIBLE to putt. There were punched holes and marble sized clumps of dirt all over the green. We were given no warning when we booked online, nor at the counter when paying, nor by the starter who was too focused on rushing us over 10 minutes ahead of schedule. We asked the starter at the turn how long the greens have been like this and he goes "like WHAT?".

Overall just a terrible experience that left a very bitter taste in our groups mouth. I've played here enough to expect better and I won't be coming back.

Commented on 08/13/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Great day

Awesome course. Greens have some fungus or burnt spots on a few of them otherwise excellent.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Fantastic Experience

First arrived and treated great. Drove our motor home in and they were very accommodating. Staff was seriously one of the best I have encountered anywhere in the country, at golf courses. Course plays short but don’t be fooled. It is such a unique target course. Beautiful views and holes. The only complaint I have is the greens were kind of rough. But that said, nobody was fixing their ball marks, so not really courses fault!! I highly recommend.

Bar and restaurant looked really nice, but we did not eat. Great selection of craft beer for a course. Only sold in bar though, but can carry out to course. Prices were decent too.

The beer cart girl and beer hut girl were super nice. Rangers and starter were truly outstanding!!! Super friendly and helpful.

And the real cool experience of having deer just hanging out while you play was a fantastic plus!!!

New favorite place

Commented on 08/09/2021

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Fantastic hidden urban gem

Terrific course layout with imaginative features designed to get into your head. Be prepared to bring your straightest, most accurate game… or be prepared to lose a couple sleeves of balls. Every hole has its challenges starting with first five that are a pure water-player’s delight. They all look more difficult than they really are - focus on distance and alignment control and you can actually do it! (I wish I did.). Six thru nine are more routine, at least no water in play. Ten starts it all over again as a long par 5 (don’t over hit your drive). Then 11 with its island TEE (no, not green!). 14 is a special double dog-leg up-and-over par 5. Lots of unique features and challenges here. Something for everyone. Fun course to play and appreciate, even if your course is more than you like!

Commented on 07/30/2021

Follow-up to original review: last line should be “even if your SCORE is more than you would like “. Also… great hot dog and soda at the on-course snack shop for only $5.50. Great deal and tasty too! Also, under 4-hr round!

Commented on 07/30/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi,we would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Commented on 07/15/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience and what we can do earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Unique and fun course, aptly named.

A mere 35 minutes from downtown Chicago is this
wetlands golf course offering unique and scenic holes connected by cart bridges winding through marshland. The front nine has quite a bit of water so hit it straight, back nine not as scenic but presents its own challenges. Course is really well maintained and landscaped. Staff was great: very friendly and helpful. Directions to holes were good and well placed as was the ‘refreshment’ hut that offered drinks at very reasonable prices. Carts were pretty new and had GPS. The pro shop was well stocked with misc, golf items/tools as well as the usual clothing. A great experience and a good value.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Commented on 07/09/2021

Best bang for your buck

Lost Marsh is my personal favorite Chicago-land area course ... one of the most unique, challenging - yet playable - layouts I've ever played. The first 4 holes have you playing what I call, 'lily pad' golf (you'll understand when you play it ha) ... then you alternate between woodlands and links-style holes. Greens always run pure and true. It's simply a 'must-play'.

Commented on 07/07/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Rained Out.......

I wish it was a gorgeous day the course is in good shape the holes are challenging and the pace of play was adequate. This course challenges you to make smart decisions often egos come before shot selection. Word of advice choose to lay up don't let the course play you!

Commented on 06/30/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lost Marsh Golf Course.

Windy But Fun

The course is in great shape and with almost zero rain the past 2 months its a green as money!! Tee Boxes, sand traps, and Fairways are some of the best around!! The greens are challenging but several un-repaired ball marks!!! They need to do a much better job of either handing out tools or sending someone at the end of the night to fix. It obviously won't stop me playing there at least once a week but wanted to flag. The staff is as nice as any private place I have played. If you haven't played here, you need to!! Golf Now has great deals

Commented on 06/25/2021

Commented on 06/22/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lost Marsh Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/22/2021

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lost Marsh Golf Course!

Hammond, Indiana
Lansing, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
Munster, Indiana
Chicago, Illinois
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).