Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course (Northern California)

Year Built 1965
Architect William F. Bell (1965)

Dress code Collared shirts required; No tank tops or halter tops.

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2018 #21)

Commented on 02/01/2023

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course!

Commented on 02/01/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course!

Commented on 02/01/2023

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course!

The Marshall and all the staff are awesome.

Always a blast playing this course. We look forward to chatting with the marshal as he makes his rounds. He always makes us smile. Just a good vibe out there. Never disappoints.

Commented on 01/09/2023

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course!

Commented on 11/28/2022

Commented on 11/18/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course.

Commented on 11/18/2022

Commented on 11/28/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course!

Watch out for residents

We started playing hidden valley a couple times a week and love the course. The ONLY issue is that around the 14th hole, we've been cut off by residents every time we've played there. It'd be one thing if they let us play thru to ensure we finish the round before losing too much light, but they simply don't care nor have any golf etiquette. Every thing else about the course is great, if they get rid of the residents cutting off paying players who book a tee time, then it'll be perfect.

Commented on 12/06/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great course in Lake County

We always have a blast out there. I will say that lately the locals have been sort of a pain. We drive 35 miles and pay to play there. The last couple of times out we have been cut off by homeowners. We never waited to a hit a shot all round and it was fantastic. As soon as they cut us off, we waited for every shot for the last 4 holes. I don't mind them out there just try not to cut off paying customers that are trying to finish a round.

Commented on 12/06/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your feedback to our team at Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Local gem

Saturday was a busy day! Greens keepers are fantastic and really know what they are doing. Amenities will soon be the best, doesn’t seem fair to me to hit the survey as they are completely updating the place! I have been lucky to hook up with others, golfing with others is the best! It would seem the water hazards attract my balls! This course will be much harder when the streams are flowing! For me that will make this course Extremely Challenging!

Commented on 11/02/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Best it’s ever been at HVL

Played HVL approx. 15 times over the past 20 years.
Currently, the turfgrass conditions are the best I’ve experienced. Everything is lush green and healthy.
The greens were incredibly good. Smooth and fast.
Could not believe how nice they were.
Carts are old and fossil fuel burning. Clubhouse, restaurant and proshop under construction. No amenities. But the golf right now is very good.

Commented on 10/31/2022

Thank you for visiting us at Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/29/2022

Worthless review

great course

Beautiful course with upgrades being made. Friendliest course Marshall you could ask for. The only downside is when residents who live on the course, end up cutting you off in the middle of your round or hanging around on the course. Not a huge deal but can interrupt the flow of your round.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

2nd Time Around

I mentioned in my previous review that hole 14 has the spectacular view. I was mistaken. The view from 14 is good but 15 is the winner hands down.

Another spectacular day of golf. The reason for the low rating on amenities is that the clubhouse is being constructed. When finished I’m sure the amenities will be great.

Commented on 10/25/2022

Thanks so much for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course!

A Fabulous Day of Golf

This was one of the most fun days of golf I’ve had. It started with a Marshall in the parking lot who drove me across the street to the clubhouse then lead me to the first tee and put me ahead of some tournament players because I was a single. The clubhouse staff were very friendly.

The course is not country club manicured and you don’t want to speed across the fairway unless you have a lot of cushioning on your bottom, but the course is just fun, yet quite challenging.

On the back nine is where the gun really begins as you drive up and up, ending with the most jaw-dropping and spectacular view on hole 14 overlooking the valley with the fairway and green way down below. My phone camera could not do Justice to the beauty of this hole. Be prepared with extra balls for this one.

I love this course and hope that I can come back to play it again before I leave the area. It took 45 minutes to drive to it, part of the drive on a very winding road yet scenic lake view from Nice CA where I am staying, but it was every bit worth of the trip. The new clubhouse looks absolutely great and will be fantastic when it is completed.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 10/31/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 10/29/2022

Saint Helena, California
Healdsburg, California
Santa Rosa, California
Windsor, California
SONOMA, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and 1 round of golf at Sonoma Golf Club.
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at Fairmont San Francisco and 4 rounds of golf at TPC Harding Park, Presidio Golf Course, and Half Moon Bay Golf Links-Old & Ocean Courses.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hotel Kabuki and 2 rounds of golf at Harding Park & Presidio Golf Club.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Half Moon Bay Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Old Course & Half Moon Bay Ocean Course.