A view from the 17th hole at Eagle Eye Golf Club

Style Links

Located near Michigan’s capital city of Lansing and minutes from Michigan State University’s campus, Eagle Eye Golf Club is one of the state’s top-ranked public courses. The 18-hole championship course opened in 2003 and was designed by Chris Lutzke, a protégé of legendary architect Pete Dye. Lutzke’s design features some Dye staples like railroad ties, severe mounding and pot bunkers. But the most recognizable homage to Dye is the TPC Sawgrass-inspired island-green 17th hole. The 9th and 18th holes are both dramatic par 5s that hug each side of a large pond from tee to green. Eagle Eye has a 65,000-square-foot clubhouse that, in addition to a pro shop and grill with outdoor seating overlooking the course, can host a variety of large groups, outings and weddings. Over the years, Eagle Eye has regularly made the Golfers’ Choice Michigan an Top 50 United States lists on GolfPass.

Eagle Eye Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Architect Chris Lutzke (2003) Pete Dye (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Banquet Facilities, Showers, Lockers, Locker Rooms

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 23

My game might never be ready for places like this

I noticed they recently cut back some of the wildflower areas and I could have used an additional 10 feet in some spots. I like the course and someone I was playing with described it as having great shot value which I think it means you have to play a ton of different clubs and shots in your bag in 18 holes. I agree, I just don't have all the shots and the consistency to hit said shots so makes for a tough day.
17 is awesome and the build up from seeing it on 16 fairway for a peek and then that drive is great. I like 9 too, along the water and the bunkering in the middle of the fairway. You see this a lot where the bunkers and trouble areas are perfectly placed to screw with your mind pre shot.
This is a perfect time to experience the course in all it's glory. The wildflower areas are popping with color and butterflies and birds like crazy. I could have spent hours just IDing flowers. I couldn't get a good idea on the greens which is frustrating as my game is again more built for shaggy surfaces. These quick greens are just hard to judge when you are used to powering thru dew and uncut, unrolled greens.
I don't remember a ton of holes even after playing it now twice, I couldn't map out in my mind other than 2 or 3 holes but it's a great collection of golf. Played lots of different clubs off the tee and in the fairway to try to think my way thru the course at times.

Awesome

Course is in perfect shape! Highly recommended!!!

Might be my new Favorite Michigan course!

Incredible experience! The layout of the course is of the highest tier, which makes it just a fun time to play. Our round had a great discount, so the value was awesome and VERY important – the round was less than 4 hours long!! Tee’d off at 9:30am! That’s a big up for me.

ONLY negative I would state was greens were on a bit of the slower side, but honestly that’s personal preference (they still rolled pure), AND it was late season.

Lyon Oaks has always been my #1 favorite Michigan course (excluding all the Up North resorts), but Eagle Eye might take it! I only wish it were closer to Metro Detroit now!!

first time

First time at this course and had a blast. Course was in great shape except for the greens. Were recently aerated so putting was more of a challenge but that's to be expected this time of year. Will definitely be back in the spring.

Horrible Stay and Play Experience

Have booked several stay and play packages with Terry K. in the past. Great experiences. Did the same this past weekend. Have never been treated more disrespectfully in my life. Lies and accusations of our behavior at the course and the hotel which never happened. Will never be back! Encourage all to do the same.

Beautiful Challenge

Conditions, Layout, and Overall Course Management was top notch. Definitely a challenging course but it's a must play if you're in the Lansing area

Beautiful But Tough

Amazing course but bring your game! The rough can be extremely difficult and the greens roll true. Enjoyed the course but can be pricey compared to others.

Eagle Eye treat

Played @8:30 am for Hot Deal price of $79. The course is always in great shape. Was disappointed in the greens today. They had just put sand on them. Had to pay extra $15 for an extra cart for my partner. Not too pleased about that.
Prices are getting too high for my taste. $95 thru week & $110 on weekend is too much to pay. I really do like the course.

Eagle Eye

One of my favorite places to play. Challenging layout, but very playable. Definitely in my Top Ten golf courses in Michigan.

Dream Course

Eagle Eye has everything one desires in a fine golf course. The conditions were as good as it gets and the challenge is as great as you want due to the various tee distances. We played the combination blue/white tees and with the wind and lack of roll, the course played quite long. Can't hit it 260 yards anymore so had lots of woods coming into the greens. During the round one gets the feeling of complete oneness with nature and enjoyment of the beauty of each hole. Wonderful experience.

Must play

The course was in great condition and the staff was very friendly. We live coming tio Eagle Eye

Perfect Day, Perfect Time and Perfect Course

Gorgeous day for an early morning round before a few business meetings. Was paired up with another single. We played 18 in almost under 3 hours. No one a head of us. Teeboxes, Fairways, Greens, Bunkers were in immaculate shape. The staff were excellent and eager to make sure that i had a great experience. I’m a 7 handicap and have played many courses all over the state and country. This one ranks right up there with the very best in my opinion. Got an amazing deal through GolfNow - at almost 50% of the book value. Will definitely come back again.

Lansing, Michigan
Lansing, Michigan
Haslett, Michigan
Dewitt, Michigan
Okemos, Michigan
4.0206470588
East Lansing, Michigan
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.