Chiefland Golf & Country Club

Walking Allowed Yes, after 2pm

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Lounge

Commented on 04/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chiefland Golf & Country Club!

Just OKAY!

I have been playing golf for years, since I was 10 years old. I have an 8-10 handicap, so not great but I'm OK. We just moved to the area and this was the first time out to this course. It is really the only course in the area that is close to where I live. You could tell the course was in rough shape. The person I played with said that it use to be in much better shape before changing ownership. But, It's the only thing we have close were his exact words. But, it is what it is I guess. I will drive a little ways... maybe to Ocala to play a nicer course next time. I wish they, or someone, would put a little money into the place. I hope this helps.
Some of the greens were horrible.... patches of the green were almost gone. The fairways had a little bit of grass here and there... but A LOT of sand. The cart paths were not paved or anything and just plucked in the grass or sand.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 04/01/2021

I played here in January and commented back then. I did later play in February and want to echo what this poster said, as the greens were noticeably worse in one month's time. The condition of the fairways is also very concerning. Note to Chiefland ownership and management: I hope you are sincere you are committed to getting this course back in the shape it once was. You have a true hidden gem and it would be a shame to let the current situation continue. I urge whoever is in charge to put the necessary money, time and effort back into this place. If you don't have the money - FIND IT. Otherwise you will have to close, and if that happens, everyone loses. Skimping on maintenance is the surest way to drive people away and hasten your demise.

Commented on 03/05/2021

Hi, Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/26/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see that you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 01/29/2021

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Chiefland Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Course Better Than Other Reviews Suggest

I play here 1-2 times a year when I pass through the area. Other reviews have made mention that the course is not in good condition and that the greens were poor. Here is an accurate description of the way the course is as of January 13, 2021. GREENS - Most are actually in good shape; a few have some blotches on them that I believe are algae. But even then, the rye overseed is growing in them and they're smooth. When the overseed dies out in the spring, though, all bets are off. FAIRWAYS - In okay, playable shape. ROUGH - mix of grass, weeds and dirt. TEE BOXES - Same as rough except cut down. Playable. So the course is not perfect. A member told me maybe 18 months ago when I played there that the maintenance budget had been cut $40,000. If that was true, I understand from a financial point of view but that always starts the vicious circle. Need to keep the course in good shape at all costs. In any event, if you're okay with decent greens (as of now), fair fairways and rough rough, you'll like the course. I've always enjoyed the layout personally.

Commented on 01/27/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Chiefland Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hi, Ken. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Challenging

Challenging but not out of reach for the average golfer!

Commented on 12/07/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 11/19/2020

Commented on 11/19/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 10/27/2020

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Tus play

Most holes GPS reflectors on flags missing. Markers in fairways missing or down from course trying to get grass cut. Several greens still lack grass. There working on trying to improve course but it slow.
Still play there, only course nearby.
Still needs lots of improving.

Commented on 09/17/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Fun time

Played your course with friends. Girls day out we had a fun day. Some holes wrte better than some others but we had fun with the course and a nice course And your staff very friendly

Jeanine
Mary
Athena
Synthia

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Chiefland Golf & Country Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Abandoned Golf Course

Golf courses are always beautifal - but they never have the care it deserves.
I was passing in the area - so I gave the try but it was frustrating.
I hope somehow they get money and recover the golf course.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Please know that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Work in progress

Like most golfers, we are a work in progress. You could say the same for the course. While the pace of play and staff were excellent, and the course layout pretty good, it needs some TLC. Hole 5 green on a par 3 is being repaired, and you could say eight or 9 other greens need the same. Also, there is not much grass on the fairways. Given the location, I would play there again on a fishing weekend.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. We are currently working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Course for Beginners

Pro shop Staff Diana and Barbara were friendly and welcoming. Course was extremely easy, flat, very few hazards except for a few trees and hitting out of bounds would be nearly impossible to do. A few of the greens were recently turned and one green being totally redone. Was a laid back enjoyable day of golf.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 05/12/2020

Hello, Frank. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you! We will make sure to pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 04/20/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Chiefland Golf & Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.