The Riviera Cancun Golf Club is the most recent addition to Cancun. Jack Nicklaus has done remarkable job carving this gem using the natural contours of the terrain, this course boasts strategic bunkering, immaculate greens, wooden bridges and the peaceful tranquility of the natural reserve that surrounds the course. Golfers will also enjoy the ocean views on holes 14 and 15.

The spectacular Mexican-Contemporary Club house greets guests before they begin their journey over bridges, through the dunes, mangroves and lakes which are only some of the elements which make this course visually stunning. The resort is 100% Mexican owned and is located in the Hotel Zone and only 5 minutes from the airport.

Riviera Cancun Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Paspalum
Greens Paspalum
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2008)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Clubhouse, Sauna

Entertaining Clients 15
Near the Airport 24

You'll want to return to this course

Riviera Cancun has an excellent friendly staff that will make you feel right at home. Greens gave me the best putting I have ever had. Hit drives straight to well kept fairways, or bring extra balls, mangroves are thick. This all inclusive day kept us hydrated and the burger was great.

Good, but expected more

Fun, tight layout but was disappointed there was only 1 hole with a very small ocean view. And the greens seemed to have been punched recently so were very bumpy and sandy.

Staff was very nice and I loved the all inclusive feature, including alcohol.

It was also fun seeing a cioti (racoon-looking monkey), tons of iguanas and a few small alligators.

Awesome golf course

This is a great golf course in great condition. It always plays a little soft due to the surrounding conditions. Nice driving range, but the range balls are awful. Just a recommendation - play up one tee because the ball does not run out off the tee. Lots of wildlife and a beautiful layout. Very friendly staff, but the food is limited due to Covid. The starter, Adam was very helpful.

Always great

I’ve played here several times in the past few years and always enjoy it. The layout is great with lots of variety and strategy. Every person I encountered was fantastic - friendly and helpful. We went to Mayakoba the day before and both my friend and I agreed we like Riviera the best (although the conditioning at Mayakoba was impeccable). The course conditions at Riviera were above average although the greens were still recovering from aeration a couple of weeks ago so still a bit sandy. Try this course, you won’t be disappointed!

Gorgeous Course

Great course on the outskirts of the hotel zone! Meticulously maintained along with some beautiful views. The head pro and his staff (Adan, Angel and Deky) took care of everything we needed and more. Well worth the price of admission!

Good value it is all inclusive!

An excellent course extremely challenging a lot of bunkers in great shape. I think it is the best value in Cancun as it is all inclusive including beers and food.

nice course. Conditions are a bit spotty

This is a very good lay out. The back 9 is considerably tougher as fairways narrow. Conditions are good but not great. Many ground under repair areas, brown outs and the sand is very rough w. small stones. That said it was a fun game.

Awesome golf experience, challenging course....... bring balls or hit the fairways!?!?

Great round of golf.

I really enjoyed my experience at Riviera Cancun. The course was tough but fair. There are a lot of water carries off the tee and if you miss the fairway and rough you will not find your ball. That being said, the layout is excellent and keeps your attention. The service at the course from the checkin to the end of the round is fantastic. All your food and drinks on the course and at the 19th hole are included in your green fee. The drink cart comes by every three holes. It rained during the round and there were thatched roof waiting areas to sit it out which was great for staying dry. I will definitely play Riviera Cancun again. It is a bit more expensive than some of the other courses in the area, but the service and course conditions make it worth the price.

John
Lincoln, NE

Incentivized Review

Riviera Cancun

Very good course, well maintained. Difficult, lots of forced water carries. Food and service we're exce5.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hi Do you know what this course has for rental clubs.

Thanks.

Top Notch!!!

What else can I say. Less than a 30 minute taxi ride from near downtown CanCun. The course was excellent. From the driving range right thru the 18th hole. Along with the greens fees the cart came around regularly for refreshments. The lunch after the round at the 19th hole. All food and drink were complimentary!!! It's a Nicklaus designed course and it was in excellent condition.

Great golf day

About a 25 minute taxi ride from the Westin lagunamar- and well worth it. Course was in great shape- free range balls- free food and drink. All covered with the greens fees!

Riviera Cancun

Very nice layout...greens were good but slow. We were out there seemingly by ourselves which was awesome...no houses, condos, or hotel rooms on the course. It was an all inclusive deal where F&B were included. Cart attendant was very nice. Two negatives on this course.
1-There was some kind of smell that was similar to like a paper mill.
2-Around 14,15 and 16, there was some loud construction noises that were irritating.
But, the holes were top notch and it I would recommend it.

Marvelous Golf Experience to Remember My Cancun Vacation

I had a marvelous golf experience at Riviera Cancun Golf Club. The club is just south of the Hotel Zone sandwiched between the jungle and the sea. It is remotely isolated from any other buildings other than the clubhouse.

Upon my arrival via taxi, a polite young man, Saulo greeted me & took my bag to the cart area while I checked in.

The clubhouse was massive and reminded me of a hotel lobby but to my knowledge, there wasn't an attached hotel property. Registration went smoothly as the receptionist, Ingrid pulled up my reservation from golfnow.com. I was charged what was stated from the website. I didn't take the "Hot Deal" tee time. I wanted to sleep in on my vacation and secondly, the "twilight" tee time was still a deep discount from the "Hot Deal" tee time.

I had about 45 minutes before I had to tee off so I visited the clubhouse to buy a cap because I left mine at Home. I can't play golf without a hat. Its a silly idiosyncrasy but if it helps your game, the more power to you.

I still had some time so I grabbed a quick cheeseburger, fries and soda. The waiter asked me if I wanted a beer but I passed since I'm not much of a beer drinker. Food, alcohol & beverages are inclusive of your round. Lunch was wonderful and I hurried to the starting areas.

Saulo, the same young man who met me at the entrance led me to my cart. He gave me a quick orientation of the course. Water was provided and on ice in my cart cooler.

The first thing I noticed upon arriving on tee #1 was the isolation. As I stated before, there wasn't another building in sight. This remained to be true through out the entire course. The second thing I noticed was there wasn't any unsightly crabgrass or weeds on the tee box or the fairways. The greens were just as flawless.

I played by myself as there wasn't another golfer to partner me up at my assigned tee time. As I played my round, I let two other groups pass me by as I wanted to enjoy my round. I can't remember the gentleman who drove the refreshmemt but he stopped by frequently and kept in stock with Bacardi rum and pepsi. Rum improves my game. On the days it doesn't, It helps me not care about some of the bad shots I made.

Saulo had left for the day after I completed my round. Two other polite young men, Juan and Angel greeted me at the end. They cleaned my clubs and took it to the pickup area while I waited for my taxi. I made sure I tipped them well. A wonderful golf experience, I will defintely be back.

Jack did a good job - Staff did not!

We travel to Cancun often and stay at the Royal Sands. Having played many of the area courses, we asked our concierge for a new option. He recommended Riveria Cancun, a Jack Nicholas course. Royal Resorts is just starting a relationship with this course. Our price included transportation, practice facility, golf, food and drink. A nice clean van showed up and took us to the course, which is set back off the highway - you would never know the course was out there! We checked in and since we had not brought our clubs (a long story), we rented the Calaways they offer. Within minutes we were in our carts and escorted to Hole #1. So far a good experience...then our friend bent over to tee his bell up and without very much pressure on the driver; the head twisted off at the shaft!!! I have never seen anything like it, my only thought is the club was flawed or previously damaged. We had a foursome they had “staged” behind us, so he put the shaft and head in his cart and used mine. When we made the turn; he and his wife went to the Clubhouse while we hit our drives and told them what happened, they said “these are new clubs”, I will tell you that they had use on them and were not brand new, They would not give him a replacement and told home he would have to pay for it. My friend told them he hadn’t even used the club and it must have been flawed...their representative said “I want to believe you, but I don’t“???? My friend said “we can talk about this when we finish”, but requested a replacement and was told NO. We continued on the back nine, enjoying the golf, but perturbed about their attitude. A couple of holes later two employees showed up with another driver and said they were sorry about their stance, and they would reduce the cost for the club from $100 (USD) down to $75...I didn’t believe he should have any responsibility for a club he did not abuse at all, but he said he just wanted to put it behind him and agreed. We finished a wonderful round and as they cleaned their rentals and our shoes, we tipped they well! Then he was escorted to the pro shop and told he owed $100, when he said $75? - no it has to be $100! He paid it and we left. Nice course; beautiful day; but beware of their operation...not ethical! We have informed Royal Sands. All that being said “Hit em straight!!”

Best in Cancun

Course was extremely wet because of previous days storms, so was cart path only, but was still beautiful. Bring extra balls! Thick jungle and tons of water everywhere will eat any off-course golf ball. Super friendly staff and the restaurant that is included with your green fees was really surprisingly good! Bartender made excellent drinks! Overall was a great day.

Cancún, Quintana Roo
Cancún, Quintana Roo
Punta Sam, Quintana Roo
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | This all-inclusive stay & play package to The Grand at Moon Palace includes options to stay up to 7 nights', play unlimited golf at Riviera Cancun and Moon Palace golf courses, and more.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | Enjoy up to 7 nights' at Hilton Cancun La Isla and up to 5 rounds of golf at Puerto Cancun, Riviera Cancun, Playa Paraiso and El Camaleon Mayakoba.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | An all-inclusive package at NYX Cancun including up to a 7 nights' stay and play up to 5 rounds of golf at Puerto Cancun, Riviera Cancun, Iberostar Playa Paraiso and El Camaleon Mayakoba.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | Enjoy 7 nights' accommodations at Andaz Mayakoba Resort and 5 rounds of golf at El Camaleon Mayakoba, Gran Coyote, Iberostar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Cancun.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | An all-inclusive package at Fairmont Mayakoba including up to a 7 nights' stay and up to 5 rounds of golf at El Camaleon Mayakoba, Gran Coyote, Iberostar Playa Paraiso and Riviera Cancun.