Squaw Valley Golf Course - Comanche Lakes

Year Built 2001
Architect John Colligan (2001)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Absolute perfect round of golf. Everyone had an outstanding attitude toward each other, including the gentleman we were paired with. Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Great layout

The course was in good shape, but the greens had just been sanded. Enjoyed the course!

The lakes course was in great shape!!! Definitely can tell they water everything there!! Awesome work by the crew. Glad to have this course in my backyard. Will be back soon.

Nice course. Nice price

Course was in excellent shape. Greens rolled true we were a twosome and two groups let us play through and finished in 3:15. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice course at a nice price.

Great Course but no water refill stations

First time playing at the course and it was in great shape. Only downfall was there was no water on a 100 degree day in Texas. But course was in phenomenal shape and pace was good

Dirty Greens

Great challenging course. My only complaint was the amount of lose/cut grass on the greens. Almost like the mower didn't clean itself before cutting the greens. Had to constantly move mounds of grass out of line of putt. Other than that the course played great.

Commented on 08/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Squaw Valley Golf Course - Comanche Lakes Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

The lake!!

Great course good shape. All should find some good times here. Thanks t all yhere

Challenging Course but Very Fun

The Lakes is very much target golf but it's a nice track. Fairways and greens had recently been punched so the quality wasn't up to normal standards. I was in a twosome and a slow fivesome wouldn't let us play through. No marshalls the entire time. The routing doesn't go by the clubhouse and there is no water on the course which is inconvenient. I much prefer the Links but the Lakes is still fun.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Squaw Valley Golf Course - Comanche Lakes Course!

Comanche Lakes

We are form Dallas and make the almost 2 hour drive to Glen Rose to play these courses. We normally play the Links, so this was our first experience on the Lakes. We really enjoyed the round. It was a tad slow (almost 5 hour round), but it was Sunday morning.
Only feedback was the on-course staff, who were very nice, were slowed down and challenged by the tablet based tee time and POS system. This slowed down our foursome getting out on time and it was killer on the course as our cart girl could not process orders fast enough-we ended up having 3 foursomes stacked-up waiting for drinks.
Still-A great course to play. We will be back.

Shshshshshshshshshhhh!

A hidden gem at arms length of the metroplex. I'd drive the hour again to play here. Maybe even further. Beautiful surroundings. Great bouncy fairways. Staff is awesome. Practice facilities are top-notch. The only thing on this day was the greens were markedly slow due to aeration and sanding. Didn't quite match the practice green. But (BUT!), I would play this every day if I lived closer.

Awesome course (but don't tell anyone!)

Staff has always been friendly, I drive from Fort Worth to play.

Good course but not worth the drive for me.

Me and 3 buddy’s went and played the lakes course and WOW, we’re the fairways amazing! The greens we’re fast which wasn’t an issue just looks like they are starting to be overtaken by crab grass. Lastly, the only reason this didn’t get a 5 star review is because the mosquitoes.. starting on hole 14 through 17 felt like a war movie, or carts were swarmed with mosquitoes it looked like we took a baseball bat to a bees nest at our cart. I counted 9 mosquitoes on my buddy’s calf at one point. It was very difficult to focus on hitting the ball while being bitten by what felt like 100 mosquitoes at a time. Those holes need to be sprayed bad. But overall, fairways were amazing, greens were decent, really open layout, those mosquitoes just ruined the overall experience. 4/5

Course was great

Golfing on Mother's Day = hardly anyone there so there was definitely no issues with pace of play and everything was great except for the mosquitoes that swarm you on every hole, lots of them. Maybe it's just that time of year, never had that happen to me here before. Please pack your bug spray or you will be eaten alive.

Commented on 05/16/2021

We played Saturday the 15th and the best way I could picture it was the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan where we were the American and the mosquitoes were the Germans. They just kept on and kept on, and it felt like we were out numbered 1,000,000 to 1.. they need to spray bad.

Course was very good, dissatisfied with the billing process

As I have done for the last 6 years I reserve a tee time for myself and my partner on the internet and
pay with credit card. In previous years we show up at check in and my partner wants to pay his portion
in cash and I want to charge my portion to Pecan Plantation. The gentleman at the cash register informed
us that he had no manner in doing this charging process and that the credit card debit had been processed. We have gone through this the previous 6 years with no problem. What gives?

Plays Once a year

enjoy

I was surprised at how fast the water drained off of the greens. The course has am easy rough, but the undulations all over make up for that. Lots of water and fair no sand traps. I'll be back next year.

Greens were bumpy but should be in good shape soon.

Fix the greens

They let powanna invade the greens and what was once a great track is now below average for this reason. Same problem existed last month too. Not worth $59 a player to watch your ball roll the humps and bumps.

Commented on 04/26/2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

greens

they got a late start on the greens. they were bumpy with winter grass so your ball bounced all over the place.

Commented on 04/26/2021

Semi-Private/Resort
Whitney, Texas
Semi-Private/Resort
4.5262058824
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy a minimum of 1 nights' accommodation at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 1 round of golf on your choice of either the Apple Rock, Ram Rock, or Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Palmer Course and La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.