Type Private

Located west of Austin near Lake Travis and the Pedernales River, LakeCiff Country Club features an 18-hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. The course opened in 2003 and is located near another Palmer-designed club, Lakeside at Barton Creek. LakeCliff winds up and down rocky Hill Country terrain and plays over 6,700 yards from the championship tees. One of the most notable aspects of the course is that it is features bent grass greens, a rarity in the Hill Country.

Lakecliff Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Architect Arnold Palmer (2003) Ed Seay (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Fitness, Tennis

Under construction

This was one of my favorite courses outside of Austin in central Texas. It is an hour drive from the city and it is not cheap. I was not told the course is under construction, but still was charged the normal rate.
It was a week ago and I am still sorely dissatisfied.

Commented on 03/26/2021

Hello, Nickowhite22. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lakecliff Country Club.

Coarse under repair

I called the coarse the day before to ask how the conditions were. I was told the coarse was in excellent shape and snow issues. When we arrived we were told holes 1 and 4 were closed and to just pick any other two holes to play twice. Once we started playing we realized every bunker on the front nine were recently re dug and under repair, the greens were also recently punched and sanded. We would have never paid $150 for a coarse in this condition. And should have been told when I called the day before. We asked for a discount from the $150 and were told no. Worst catfish ever...

Commented on 03/08/2021

Thank you for the response. This course should not be on golfnow for $150 without any indication of the current condition its in. I would not expect the course to be under repair and 2 holes closed for that amount. Also, I called the day before to ask and there was no mention of the conditions.

Commented on 03/08/2021

Hi, tkidwell911. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lakecliff Country Club.

Commented on 02/12/2021

Hi, bockadoo. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lakecliff Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

One of the BEST tracks in central Texas!

Living in the Austin area for 11 years I had yet to venture out to Lake Cliff CC. Being semi private might have kept me from having the opportunity to play this wonderful course. After finally recovering from my 3rd back surgery this was quite the treat!
My wife joined me as a non golfer, they did not charge me for her to ride. Arriving 40 whole minutes (not my norm) my tee time was at 3:20 (twilight) but the gentleman in the pro shop welcomed me to tee off whenever I was ready! Very welcoming, beautiful layout, and BENT GRASS GREENS!!
Wonderful & serene experience!!

Commented on 12/16/2020

Nickowhite22, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lakecliff Country Club.

Great experience

Wonderful experience for my dad, my son and myself. It was my son's first round of golf and he loved it. My dad is from out of town and loved the course and said we will definitely be back. I thought the course was challenging but a lot of fun and a great time. Wonderful conditions and very friendly staff. We will definitely be back.

Commented on 12/08/2020

Hi, u000005500670. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Lakecliff Country Club!

Great Course Overall-Superb Greens

First time playing the course and it was a great overall experience. Fairways and Tee Boxes could use some TLC but the greens were the best I've played in Texas so far. I'll definitely be back

Commented on 11/30/2020

u000005078848, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lakecliff Country Club.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hi, DrAlbracht. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lakecliff Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 11/02/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Polohan1. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Best Public Course in the Hill Country

We love this course! Are so happy it has remained somewhat public thru all of it's ups and downs!! Beautiful Arnold Palmer course! Very special!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Mommarox. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lakecliff Country Club.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hi u5991843. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (830) 798-0696 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Lakecliff Country Club!

Be Careful booking this course on golf now

Booked with golfnow and showed up I had made a reservation a week in advance for myself and 3 customers of mine. When we showed up 8:50 in the morning the tee time was non existent as there was a member’s tournament that I can only assume had been scheduled for a month at least. The course telling me I should have gotten an email about the cancellation because they did. I received nothing in my email about the reservation not being fulfilled. The course looked great. But you want to double confirm with the course that golfnow actually has a tee time for you.

Commented on 11/10/2020

We're so sorry to hear that happened, Jonathan! We encourage you to contact GolfNow Golfer Support to address this and receive any necessary refund.

Shubee

Golf course is in awesome shape... greens are rolling like butter!!! Played 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours!!!
Loved it... I only live 10 miles from course!!

Commented on 10/19/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u695911519. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lakecliff Country Club.

Great Shape, great Sunday.

First time I’ve played here and loved it. Greens were in great shape and fast. Not highly trafficked today at twilight. I’m a high handicap golfer so low to mid handicapper might see this different but I loved the day.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u314159886416. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lakecliff Country Club.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hi dapodaca10. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lakecliff Country Club.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Lakecliff Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice layout, but lousy condition. Fairway. Bunkers not maintained. Green traps were somewhat maintained. -not great but ok. Greens were bumpy. We were expecting much better for the money. At $120 this is Extremely overpriced.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi pmoran1000! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Not good

This course was disappointing for the money. Not enough grass on the fairways and greens had spots with no grass. Hard to chip because no grass around the greens in places.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Hi RickGentry. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lakecliff Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Great Greens

The course is in great shape, with the greens qualifying as excellent.

Commented on 08/25/2020

markakeene, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lakecliff Country Club.

great track!

Great layout and fun course, especially when the wind is up 20mph. My complaint isn't with the course but with the jerks who are either too stupid or too lazy, etc to fix their ball marks. The greens are a true gift to us in central texas but leave it to the general public to not fix their pitch marks. They are ruining the bentgrass greens and will ultimately cause Lakecliff to put in lame bermuda. PLEASE FIX YOUR BALL MARKS.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hi u000006098733. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. And we absolutely agree about the duty of a golfer to fix their ball marks! We look forward to having you back at Lakecliff Country Club!

Spicewood, Texas