2.3
2.2
1.5
2.4
2.1

Formerly known as Green Deer Country Club and Highland Lakes Golf Course.

Lake Travis Golf Course

Year Built 1978
Greens TifEagle
Architect Dave Bennett (2007) Charles Howard (1978) Leon Howard (1978)

Carts Yes - 1/2 included in green fee

Teaching Pro No

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Deplorable conditions

Course condition is deplorable. Hardly any grass in the fairways, and the greens are a mixed bag of grassless and partly covered. Clearly course is not being maintained to any reasonable degree. I was a member back in mid-80s and course was much better, as was the clubhouse. Now greens are unputtable and fairways are basically dirt. Only plus is that many sand traps have been taken over by grass, either by intent or just lack of attention. Barely even worth the $25 total green fee per person, especially considering the very long drive from Austin.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the conditions are important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comments for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Great potential

The course is in bad shape, but i knew that before hand. I had a great time making the best of it. The lay out is fantastic. Some really fun holes with great views. Give it some time and we'll see how it progresses. The club house which is unaffiliated is first class. We had a great day. Thanks.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Lake Travis Country Club!

Formerly a Good Course - no greens

Road to get golf cart and pay is a potholed nightmare.
The greens are mostly not there - just black patches of over seeded land.
Sand traps are over grown with grass.
The course should not cost as much as it does to play. Blackhawk is in better shape and can be found much cheaper than Lake Travis. This course has a long way to go to regain even a modicum of the glory it held when it was known as Highlands.
The people who worked there were very nice.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. Thank you for playing Lake Travis Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Greens need lots of work

I can tell new owners are trying, but still need lots of work. Weird setup not at the main building, they have to do something better than driving down to the maintenance shed.

Commented on 12/15/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lake Travis Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 12/08/2020

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lake Travis Country Club!

A Gem in the Texas Hill Country that is a work in progress

I have played this course a number of times now and have seen the progress the new ownership has made to the condition of the course. Since the change they are bringing this course back to life. People need to be more flexible, it takes time to accomplish this type of undertaking. The value and pace of play is amazing.

I look forward to playing here again

Commented on 12/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Lake Travis Country Club thanks you!

Horrible greens

The greens were some of the worst I’ve ever seen. Sand and mud holes on every green. Made putting impossible

Commented on 12/10/2020

Thank you for the review. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. Thank you for playing Lake Travis Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

This course was not open!

Extremely disappointed with this app - made reservation confirmed reservation - woke up extremely early drove an hour and this course does not exist. Has been closed for 2 years! It ruined our entire day! How can this still be an option on the site? Do not use this site!

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry to hear about the confusion you experienced while trying to find our course. We are not closed down, but we are currently working out of a temporary clubhouse near the course. We apologize for any confusion this might have caused. The address to this clubhouse is listed correctly both on GolfNow and Google. We hope you reconsider returning for another round soon, thanks for choosing Lake Travis Golf Course.

Fun track

The overall condition is sub par, the layout is challenging and fun. When the greens and fairways get updated it will be a great little track. The staff was super friendly and very honest about the condition of the course. I was in town for a couple of days and wanted to get a a round in. I was able to play 18 holes in under 3 hours. For the money it is a great value and I shot an 88 so I’m happy. P.S. the scenery and wildlife was an added bonus! Will play again when I come this way.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hi, Tom. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Lake Travis Country Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Great course architecture but poor course conditions

Great course architecture but poor course conditions We had a lot of laughs at the surprisingly poor course conditions. Seems like a 1 man show maintaining the course. Our threesome paid for 18 holes but we left after playing the first 9 holes. With about $4M invested in improvements this track will be a gem. Until then pass on playing it unless you’re a masochist.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Lake Travis Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jeffrey2543529! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lake Travis Country Club!

Squandered Potential

Should have done my research. Bought into their claims of them renovating the course but based on prior reviews this seems to be a fabrication or someone is severely in over their head.
I gave this 2 stars because the course has nice scenery compared to what I am used to, as I am new to the area and the landscape.
This course has tremendous potential but all the complaints in other reviews are completely valid. This is the worst maintained golf course I have ever seen, but under the right management and investment it would be an absolute gem. Took my mother for her first golf outing in 20+ years and we had a great time despite the course conditions. There were deer all over the place which she really enjoyed, but also droppings everywhere (And I mean everywhere) which she did not.
The changes in elevations and challenging tees are great, but the fairways are like first cut or short rough so it does not play well. The greens are just flattened dirt. If I hadn’t paid under $50 total and got a last minute morning tee time (which was impossible elsewhere) I would have been livid, but had a decent enough time to give it 2 stars. As it stands, I would likely not go back.
Someone please do this course the justice it deserves!!!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Not a Great Course, but Food Enough

I read the reviews after booking my tee time. If I had read them before, I wouldn’t have booked. However, to be fair, I played golf and it was better than OK. The course is definitely not in good shape. But, it was pleasant enough. This course could be a really nice course with a little bit of extra work on the grass and greens. The driveway to the course it the worst and if I owned the place, I would repair that first. The golf carts are nice and in good repair. If you go into this course, knowing it has some deficiencies, you will be ok, and maybe even happy with it. I will likely go back to this course, to help support the new owner as he tries to fix it up.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lake Travis Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Due to the poor and unsafe conditions we decided not to play ..

Commented on 09/01/2020

awful, embarrassing

Owner feedback is a lie! There are no renovations going on, the fairways have not been watered, the greens are dirt, this doesn't even qualify as a driving range. What a joke.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hi, i080366. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lake Travis Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Course not playable - need a refund

I am always a "give em a chance" guy. Well they didn't deserve it. What was suppose to be the best Father and Daughter day out was a DISASTER! We left our house at 8:45am for our 10:20am tee time as we live 1 hour away. When we arrived we had to drive on the most pot holed road I have ever driven on. They had us park in what looked like the maintenance shed. We were told we could not play hole #1 because it was "unplayable" only to find out this entire course was unplayable. This course is terrible. I can't even justify the price for the course. The fairways look like the rough and the greens were all DIRT! My daughter was completely upset. We ended up leaving after 4 holes to play a different course that was able to fit us in on such very short notice. This course should NOT be operating.until they have fixed the playing situations. Golf now should seriously consider not booking or promoting the course until conditions improve. I would NOT recommend this course at all!

I would also like for golf now to contact me regrading our displeasure!

Commented on 09/09/2020

Amen Brother...I would not even play there if it was free!!!!I.
In fact they should pay us

It use to be a nice Course. But now, It needs alot of work on the GREENS and CART PATHS. All the trash cans where over flowing with trash

Commented on 08/18/2020

Don’t Even Bring Your Putter

The greens on this course may have been more dirt than grass, and it appeared the course hasn’t been watered in years. I hear that it was a nice course years ago, but it is in a very sad state now.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Hi, dholm89. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Lake Travis Country Club.

Lago Vista, Texas